Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:25 pm

If Reddenbocker was innocent they would have decided by now. It's either guilty or hung at this point.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:50 pm

now its being reported that the a key witness, the man they refer to a jump kick man who attacked Rittenhouse turned himself into the prosecution and agreed to testify for immunity. They told him no, but told the court they were unable to locate this man.

withholding evidence, hiding witnesses - if true I can't imagine them not getting a mistrial at this point.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:14 pm

3+ years for the QAnon Shamon

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/qanon ... d=msedgntp

I don't think he actually hurt anybody and I don't think he destroyed much property. I think he broke a window and messed up Nancy Pelosi's office. He urged the crowd to follow him into the Capitol, a "call to action." They are comparing his yelling to screaming FIRE in a crowded theater. I think that is what happened. That was his crime. That got him 3+ years, not breaking a window.

I agree that he needs to go away for a while, but not prison. This guy needs a mental institution. He has no criminal history, no history of violence. He needs to go into a padded cell and needs mental health therapy, not a prison sentence.

Do we even have mental institutions anymore? Rat, how long has it been since they let you out of one?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:10 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:14 pm 3+ years for the QAnon Shamon

I don't think he actually hurt anybody and I don't think he destroyed much property. I think he broke a window and messed up Nancy Pelosi's office. He urged the crowd to follow him into the Capitol, a "call to action." They are comparing his yelling to screaming FIRE in a crowded theater. I think that is what happened. That was his crime. That got him 3+ years, not breaking a window.

I agree that he needs to go away for a while, but not prison. This guy needs a mental institution. He has no criminal history, no history of violence. He needs to go into a padded cell and needs mental health therapy, not a prison sentence.

Do we even have mental institutions anymore? Rat, how long has it been since they let you out of one?
We don't have mental institutions because of Republican budget cuts and privatization. It's a disaster.

I'm glad he is going to prison. He is a menace to society. If we can't lock him up in an asylum, he needs to be in prison, and you need to be locked up as well.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:50 pm now its being reported that the a key witness, the man they refer to a jump kick man who attacked Rittenhouse turned himself into the prosecution and agreed to testify for immunity. They told him no, but told the court they were unable to locate this man.

withholding evidence, hiding witnesses - if true I can't imagine them not getting a mistrial at this point.
Reported or in an actual filing?

They might have had issues finding him after they rejected immunity. That's plausible. The issue is disclosure though.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:22 pm

I think its more likely that a presecutor actually gets disbarred now than Rittenhouse gets convicted.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:28 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:10 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:14 pm 3+ years for the QAnon Shamon

We don't have mental institutions because of Republican budget cuts and privatization. It's a disaster.

I'm glad he is going to prison. He is a menace to society. If we can't lock him up in an asylum, he needs to be in prison, and you need to be locked up as well.
Is it because of Republican budget cuts OR is it because the left and the right can't even come together to decide on what exactly a mental health condition IS anymore without making it political? Mental health is political, not objective. You can sign up to be voluntarily institutionalized (like Susanna Kaysen was in 1968) but in most circumstances, it was a JUDGE saying you needed to go to a mental hospital and sit in a padded cell (involuntarily) until you are fixed. And the length of that time, could be the rest of your life!!!!!

That is because you may not have committed a crime yet. You are not being punished, but there is a greater possibility of DANGER. And because of that, you don't go to prison. And because of that, a JUDGE is ALL POWERFUL in determining if you are a free person who can live freely among us or if you must be incarcerated. And this is where the politics come into play.

And that is wrong DS. But I think that is why our Prison System expanded so much (and costs so much) but mental institutions are gonzo.

DS, the left and the right can't even agree on the diagnosis information in the DSM-V. Don't you think that is a problem?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Almost 3 years now.

This time.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Jesus. It's only a matter of time now before the CEO of "Pied Piper" is on the stand testifying about his app's compression and Weissman score in the Rittenhouse trial at this point.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:00 pm

watching this trial daily with lawyer's commenting on it has been an education
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:10 pm

I dont really understand how this video they are talking about was allowed in. The prosecution is acting like they dont know where it originally came from (Im guessing it comes from the federal government, HD drone footage?). How did it get into the trial without someone testifying as to where it came from and its authenticity? I was on a jury trial this summer, and it seemed like the defense damn near got a recording of a pretext recorded phone call to the defendant tossed on a technicality by claiming that the victim on the call wasn't the one who physically recorded it and put it on the disk they were trying to admit as the exhibit.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Why do you guys think its taking the jury so long? Obviously it was not unanimous (either way.) So the hold outs are likely still "holding out." I'm wondering if it will be a hung jury?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:22 pm

The jury asked to watch some videos again, which I think is potentially what kind of led to the boil over going on now regarding a motion the defense made requesting a mistrial in which one point was that they weren't given access to one particular video properly. I think most of today they jury might basically be sitting on their thumbs waiting to see videos that they requested to see again.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:33 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:22 pm The jury asked to watch some videos again, which I think is potentially what kind of led to the boil over going on now regarding a motion the defense made requesting a mistrial in which one point was that they weren't given access to one particular video properly. I think most of today they jury might basically be sitting on their thumbs waiting to see videos that they requested to see again.
Okay, thank you.

I was starting to think that maybe with all those "counts" (I think it was like 7 counts) that the jury was back there trying to hammer out: not-guilty of these five things, guilty on these two, something like that. If this goes to next week, then I'll be convinced that there will be at least a count or maybe two with a guilty verdict.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Already is

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Rat I don't think any of us know anything yet.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:43 pm

258328395_5188048831211359_6201395022843844775_n.jpg
258328395_5188048831211359_6201395022843844775_n.jpg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:39 pm Rat I don't think any of us know anything yet.
You never started

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:50 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:10 pm I dont really understand how this video they are talking about was allowed in. The prosecution is acting like they dont know where it originally came from (Im guessing it comes from the federal government, HD drone footage?). How did it get into the trial without someone testifying as to where it came from and its authenticity? I was on a jury trial this summer, and it seemed like the defense damn near got a recording of a pretext recorded phone call to the defendant tossed on a technicality by claiming that the victim on the call wasn't the one who physically recorded it and put it on the disk they were trying to admit as the exhibit.
I hope the judge holds Kraus to his word to ask him under oath

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:58 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 pm Jesus. It's only a matter of time now before the CEO of "Pied Piper" is on the stand testifying about his app's compression and Weissman score in the Rittenhouse trial at this point.
The Pied Piper of Crazy, what???
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.