Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:19 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:24 am The Democrat and Republican parties as we used to know them no longer exist, although that hasn't really been realized yet. The Democrat party is increasingly the party of a politically connected, college educated elite, and their policies derive from and are aligned with similar interests worldwide in most other western countries. The Republican party is now a nationalist party. The Republican party will come to dominate in the short term, at least assuming representative democracy remains as is, because IMO hard times and some sort of global conflict is coming soon.
I think that's fairly accurate, but I think you failed to mention the urban element of the Democratic Party. They're not switching to the GOP anytime soon.

I also think that the GOP is going to be in crisis mode by 2035 or so if it follows its current path. Too many of their supporters are dying and will die within the next 10-15 years.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:33 am
aTm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 am You can go on twitter and see fucking Bill Kristol depressed about the outcome in Virginia and claiming that he is having a hard time finding "silver linings." Neoconservatives are Democrats, the parties are no longer the same. We're likely to see in the next decade colors on election maps that would be unthinkable in the 2010s.
the party is going in the direction I suspected it would.

Trump is going to see his power base erode as the GOP now realizes they can win elections with moderates. Virginia was voting against Biden, not for Youngkin, and I believe that had Trump been heavily involved in canvasing Virginia for Youngkin like Biden (and by extension Obama) was for McAulliffe, the voting % would have been reversed.

I think that is a positive for the GOP. They can run a bold and aggressive candidate that can carry alot of Trump's ideas but not invoke Trump or the crassness and unpredictable nature of his presidency. His legacy of developing a platform for Conversatives has value and they can bank on that.

Now yes, at the end of the day, they are still shitty politicians but Biden has attempted to cater to the progressives so much while residing over some very scary trends on food supplies, energy costs and global stability that a conservative should have a much easier path now that a post Trump playbook has been established
That's fair in many regards, but I do think that suburbanites and college-educated types will want more moderate approaches from both parties.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am Now I am going to take the other side, the leftist side. Assume that in New Jersey its NOT voter fraud. Assume its just incompetence.

What are the odds that poll workers in Republican voting districts of NJ are just much more responsible and competent and (as such) they get their results in immediately because they are just better human beings than Democrats? Or should I say, maybe its just the Peter Principle and poll workers in majority democrat voting districts are just dumb and irresponsible and incompetent and the ballots they are now "finding" were cast legally and lawfully because the people working those stations are a bunch of fucking idiots with IQs hovering around retard level?

Incompetence sounds a hell of a lot better than fraud, doesn't it rat? But which is it rat? Is it incompetence or fraud? Its one or the other rat.
You are a fucking idiot.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:29 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:32 am Willy Wonka wants his oompa loompa back

LAWRENCE COUNTY, Tenn. – The Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department in Tennessee has arrested a 33-year-old Amish man for possession of marijuana after authorities said they found a large amount of the drug at the man’s home.

On November 1, Lawrence County TN Sheriff’s Deputies said that a search warrant was executed at the home of Chris Appleby, located on Densen Road in the northern area of Lawrence County.

During their search, deputies reportedly found around 25 pounds of suspected marijuana, located in two separate buildings on the property.

Several guns and cash were also found on the property.

Amish kids love weed, and those kids from the more "liberal" sects will trick out their carriages with battery powered lights and music systems.

Dad had some Amish friends he met during his many trips to the Pennsylvania Amish country (he only went to the Ohio Amish country once or twice, and I drove him for one of those trips). Hell, when I was a kid I went with him one time to visit one of his friends for the day and played with the 11 kids. Fuckers could play some damn baseball.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:46 pm

Well done state of Virginia
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:47 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am Now I am going to take the other side, the leftist side. Assume that in New Jersey its NOT voter fraud. Assume its just incompetence.

What are the odds that poll workers in Republican voting districts of NJ are just much more responsible and competent and (as such) they get their results in immediately because they are just better human beings than Democrats? Or should I say, maybe its just the Peter Principle and poll workers in majority democrat voting districts are just dumb and irresponsible and incompetent and the ballots they are now "finding" were cast legally and lawfully because the people working those stations are a bunch of fucking idiots with IQs hovering around retard level?

Incompetence sounds a hell of a lot better than fraud, doesn't it rat? But which is it rat? Is it incompetence or fraud? Its one or the other rat.
You are a fucking idiot.
Maybe. But your pride, that will be the end of you.

You need to change.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 pm

If you listen to that Glenn Youngkin youtube all the way to the end, you will hear Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" playing. That is the song that the Clinton's used in November of 1992 when Bill was elected POTUS. I am very happy that Glenn has taken that song back from the Clinton's and used it at the end of his victory speech.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm
eCat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:21 am moralizing is telling people they are wrong based on your standards. Instead of achieving political good, the democratic party is now more focused on discussing why the GOP, specifically white Americans are guilty of a multitude of woke sins. Their morals are absolute so anyone who does not share their views are wrong, and with that belief they feel justified in shutting down dissent, creating legislation or worse, invoke the justice branch of government to enforce their morality. The latest example of this is parents being labeled as domestic terrorists for demanding that school boards stop including various progressive agendas in their school curriculum.
Like I said. Voicing an opinion.

And what is woke? Seriously?
Seriously? Here is more "woke."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Somebody kill him.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:41 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 pm If you listen to that Glenn Youngkin youtube all the way to the end, you will hear Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" playing. That is the song that the Clinton's used in November of 1992 when Bill was elected POTUS. I am very happy that Glenn has taken that song back from the Clinton's and used it at the end of his victory speech.
I am sure the members of Fleetwood Mac would hate you and would wish that you never liked their music.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:43 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:47 pm

You are a fucking idiot.

You need to change.
No, you are just a self-important rube and incel who sits in a basement lying about having a family while attempting to be some sort of intellectual. You are pathetic, and everyone sees through the bullshit you post on here.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:06 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:43 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:47 pm

You are a fucking idiot.

You need to change.
No, you are just a self-important rube and incel who sits in a basement lying about having a family while attempting to be some sort of intellectual. You are pathetic, and everyone sees through the bullshit you post on here.
I never claimed to be an "intellectual." I'm not intellectual enough to know what that word means. Just rhetoric to me.

I do have a family and I live in Arizona which means I do not have a basement. We don't have basements in Arizona. I am not bullshitting you. But I don't care if you believe me or not.

You still need to change.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:10 pm

Why do you lie IB?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:34 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:10 pm Why do you lie IB?
I can't afford to live like that. 99.9% of the houses here are built on slab. You want to have an Arizona "luxury estate" and spend $150,000 to dig a hole in the ground (when the ground is so very hard to dig into) just for a basement, go right ahead. But I can't do that. Neither can almost all people who live here.

Ours is not a rich state rat. People here are generally lower-middle-class or below it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:25 pm

"We don't have basements in Arizona. I am not bullshitting you."

Why do you lie?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:25 pm "We don't have basements in Arizona. I am not bullshitting you."

Why do you lie?
We don't have basements.

The 0.1% of Arizona residents have basements. The 0.1% is not part of the "we." The 0.1% is "they." "We" don't have them. I don't lie.

Now maybe in Ohio half (or even most) of the houses have basements. But that is not Arizona. Its not Nevada really either. They have basements in Northern Utah.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:29 pm

But why did you lie? There are basements in Arizona?

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:45 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 pm If you listen to that Glenn Youngkin youtube all the way to the end, you will hear Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" playing. That is the song that the Clinton's used in November of 1992 when Bill was elected POTUS. I am very happy that Glenn has taken that song back from the Clinton's and used it at the end of his victory speech.
It was old when Clinton used it in the early 90's, now it's ancient. What's he going to use for his next campaign, Pat Boone?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 pm

2631039-AMAs-40th-Anniversary-Pat-Boone-617-4091_465_729_int.jpg
2631039-AMAs-40th-Anniversary-Pat-Boone-617-4091_465_729_int.jpg (183.32 KiB) Viewed 502 times