eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:44 pm

also in a you guys support fucking morons moment

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan plans to sign a new city budget that includes an 18% cut to the city's police department funding, according to a statement issued by her office Tuesday.

A vote by the Seattle City Council approved the budget Monday 8-1, with Councilmember Kshama Sawant voting against. She had pushed for the full 50% cut to the police budget that protesters had demanded over the summer following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

The budget comes after months of clashes between police and demonstrators that included the takeover of a precinct in the city's Capitol Hill neighborhood. Since then, scores of officers have resigned, and the former chief of the department retired amid proposals to defund the Seattle Police Department.

"I applaud the City Council for taking a more deliberate and measured approach to the 2021 Seattle Police Department budget than occurred this summer which led to the resignation of former SPD Chief Carmen Best," Durkan said in a written statement issued by her office.

flash forward to today

Seattle’s police union is lambasting the city's mayor for granting up to $25,000 hiring bonuses for police officers as part of a last-ditch attempt to amend staffing shortages brought on by the defund the police movement and exacerbated by the COVID-19 vaccine mandate before she leaves office next year.

Mayor Jenny Durkan, who is not seeking a second term, issued an executive order Friday creating an immediate incentive program for the hiring of 911 dispatchers and police officers, citing a "civil emergency" as staffing shortages have worsened with the onset of the vaccine mandate.

The order allows the Seattle Police Department to offer police officer candidates a hiring incentive of up to $25,000, depending on experience and training level, to be paid after beginning employment. New recruits may be given up to a $10,000 incentive, half of which will be paid in the first appropriate paycheck and the second half to come upon the completion of a probation period.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:16 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:44 pm flash forward to today

Seattle’s police union is lambasting the city's mayor for granting up to $25,000 hiring bonuses for police officers as part of a last-ditch attempt to amend staffing shortages brought on by the defund the police movement and exacerbated by the COVID-19 vaccine mandate before she leaves office next year.

Mayor Jenny Durkan, who is not seeking a second term, issued an executive order Friday creating an immediate incentive program for the hiring of 911 dispatchers and police officers, citing a "civil emergency" as staffing shortages have worsened with the onset of the vaccine mandate.

The order allows the Seattle Police Department to offer police officer candidates a hiring incentive of up to $25,000, depending on experience and training level, to be paid after beginning employment. New recruits may be given up to a $10,000 incentive, half of which will be paid in the first appropriate paycheck and the second half to come upon the completion of a probation period.
The action to defund the police was an entirely irrational and emotional reaction to a bad cop murdering an asshole perp. Problem is, the people who reacted irrational and emotional were elected into positions of power and authority. And now they have to very quietly backtrack or (if they can't do that) then they have to be a lame duck the way Durkan is to get anything meaningful, done.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:27 pm

Spent a weekend in Seattle back in June, and comparing that to the weekend I spent there back in 2002, its a complete shithole

Cinci has the opposite story
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:52 pm

CVS is too "woke" to be upset at homeless people in San Francisco stealing from them so they can eat. The CEO is only pissed at shoplifters if they are engaging in "organized retail crime." Apparently, "organized retail crime" is when you steal something for the purpose of selling it to other people. That is not tolerated. Stealing to eat, is.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:15 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:00 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:52 am I don't know any Floridians that worships DeSantis. They can't stand him. No way a Governor from Florida becomes President today. Look at Florida. It's a fucking mess.
My folks live in Florida, and they love him. All their neighbors love him.

I don't know who you know. But all the Floridians I know, they love him. Sure they fucking hate him in Miami. And I don't think they care for him too much in Tampa or Talahassee. But the rest of the state? Everywhere where someone lives in a trailer home or a retirement community or the Villages, they love him.
Screenshot_20211102-141342_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20211102-141342_Messenger.jpg (72.84 KiB) Viewed 854 times

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:24 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:15 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:00 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:52 am I don't know any Floridians that worships DeSantis. They can't stand him. No way a Governor from Florida becomes President today. Look at Florida. It's a fucking mess.
My folks live in Florida, and they love him. All their neighbors love him.

I don't know who you know. But all the Floridians I know, they love him. Sure they fucking hate him in Miami. And I don't think they care for him too much in Tampa or Talahassee. But the rest of the state? Everywhere where someone lives in a trailer home or a retirement community or the Villages, they love him.
Screenshot_20211102-141342_Messenger.jpg

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:26 am When is the last time a party was able to run another candidate on the ticket over the party's previous candidate who was already President? Has that ever happened?
William Howard Taft over Theodore Roosevelt in 1912, you ignorant fuck
Last edited by DooKSucks on Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Cincy Boy!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:07 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:26 am When is the last time a party was able to run another candidate on the ticket over the party's previous candidate who was already President? Has that ever happened?
William Howard Taft over Theodore Roosevelt in 1912, you ignorant fuck
So we are going to have to go back 112 years from the next POTUS election. (nods) Fair enough.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm

It's Jerry!

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:26 pm

That's puddin head from World Crossing.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Opinion piece in Newsweek

How Fauci got it wrong....

Schools are major transmission points for influenza, but not for COVID. While children do get infected, their risk for COVID death is minuscule, lower than their already low risk of dying from the flu. Throughout the 2020 spring wave, Sweden kept daycare and schools open for all its 1.8 million children ages 1 to 15, with no masks, testing or social distancing. The result? Zero COVID deaths among children and a COVID risk to teachers lower than the average of other professions. In fall 2020, most European countries followed suit, with similar results. Considering the devastating effects of school closures on children, Dr. Fauci's advocacy for school closures may be the single biggest mistake of his career.

As an immunologist, Dr. Fauci failed to properly consider and weigh the disastrous effects lockdowns would have on cancer detection and treatment, cardiovascular disease outcomes, diabetes care, childhood vaccination rates, mental health and opioid overdoses, to name a few. Americans will live with—and die from—this collateral damage for many years to come.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-fauci-fool ... 16d549420b

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:51 pm

Man, you're obsessed with Fauci...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:50 pm

No shit.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:19 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:51 pm Man, you're obsessed with Fauci...
I'll take that as an admission that you know Fauci screwed this country over

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:31 pm

The Virginia count has been stuck at 95% for over an hour…Sound familiar? I bet all of a sudden McAulife will get enough votes overnight to win

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 pm

sardis wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:31 pm The Virginia count has been stuck at 95% for over an hour…Sound familiar? I bet all of a sudden McAulife will get enough votes overnight to win
If he does maybe we should, I don't know, storm the Capitol?? :?
Butt juice

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 am

I've been watching CNN, they were saying its improbable that McAuliffe can find 85K votes with the counties and % that are left.

People would lose their shit if McAulliffe suddenly took a positive turn

CNN is also saying the election is about progressives continually moralizing to everyone and the suburbs are telling them to go fuck themselves and take their lectures with them

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:57 am

Youngkin's win tonight I think goes a long way from taking away Trumps relevance to run in 2024.

DeSantis has to be pretty happy tonight.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:32 am

eCat wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:57 am Youngkin's win tonight I think goes a long way from taking away Trumps relevance to run in 2024.

DeSantis has to be pretty happy tonight.
Youngkin didn't really win. I think McAuliffe lost.

Terry, in the future, don't tell parents that they have no right to say what their kids get to learn while they are in school. You lose all the time when you say shit like that. I am just amazed that the braindead vote brought it within 85,000. He should have lost Virginia by 485,000.