He's not a dog and pony show. Damn.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Yeah, I really miss the days where our president was on twitter 24/7 tweeting nonstop about his latest butthurt or whatever else inane shit he had on his mind. I mean, it's not like he had anything else better to do, right?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm

This guy applied for 60 jobs and got a call for only one interview...

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... -is-a-myth

In a bit of pushback to the all-around lie that people don't want to work anymore, a Florida man applied for more than 60 entry-level jobs in his area and only heard back from one.

Holz, who has experience in food service and retail, began his experiment by applying for a job at two restaurants that he had seen be pretty vocal about the staff shortages and a supposed laziness among the workforce.

He continued to find jobs tied to owners who publicly complained about a lack of applicants. He said he only received one interview, at which point the business owner attempted to walk back the pay of $10/hour offered in the listing.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:28 pm

Jim Jordan wanted to play a video of a school board meeting.

Nadler wouldn't let him play it. They found out it was a recording of school board members calling the FBI and Justice Department rat line because a parent calmly asked about why his child was being taught Critical Race Theory and the school's covid protocols. Obviously the school board member did NOT want to answer for that so (in vengence) they tried to get the parent investigated as a domestic terrorist for threats of violence. They did that to shut the parent up, that's all. Jordan wanted to show exactly what that parent did and the school board found out about it and mobilized people at the federal level to block the viewing of that video because, well, they don't want the world to see how the board over-reacts.

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:31 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm This guy applied for 60 jobs and got a call for only one interview...

In a bit of pushback to the all-around lie that people don't want to work anymore, a Florida man applied for more than 60 entry-level jobs in his area and only heard back from one.

Holz, who has experience in food service and retail, began his experiment by applying for a job at two restaurants that he had seen be pretty vocal about the staff shortages and a supposed laziness among the workforce.

He continued to find jobs tied to owners who publicly complained about a lack of applicants. He said he only received one interview, at which point the business owner attempted to walk back the pay of $10/hour offered in the listing.
I want to see the spreadsheet and the names of all 60 restaurants he applied to work. Otherwise, just talk.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 pm

I read that story

some of the places were offering full time only to tell him that he'd start out as part time and have to work toward (according to him).

I ate at Wendys yesterday and they were putting job applications in the to go bags with napkins
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:43 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:28 pm Jim Jordan wanted to play a video of a school board meeting.

Nadler wouldn't let him play it. They found out it was a recording of school board members calling the FBI and Justice Department rat line because a parent calmly asked about why his child was being taught Critical Race Theory and the school's covid protocols. Obviously the school board member did NOT want to answer for that so (in vengence) they tried to get the parent investigated as a domestic terrorist for threats of violence. They did that to shut the parent up, that's all. Jordan wanted to show exactly what that parent did and the school board found out about it and mobilized people at the federal level to block the viewing of that video because, well, they don't want the world to see how the board over-reacts.

I was listening to that on the way in. I didn't hear the request to play a recording but I heard Garland admit he made the decision to investigate the parents at the request of the school board and was influenced by the media reporting.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:56 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:43 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:28 pm Jim Jordan wanted to play a video of a school board meeting.

I was listening to that on the way in. I didn't hear the request to play a recording but I heard Garland admit he made the decision to investigate the parents at the request of the school board and was influenced by the media reporting.
And to think, if POTUS Obama had it his way, Garland would be sitting on the Supreme Court right now.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:06 pm

So either there is or there is not a committee rule that states you have to provide 48 hours notice if you plan to show a video, and yet these two are reduced to squabbling "Yes, there is a rule that you must provide 48 hour notice" and the other guy saying "No, there's not." Fucking ridiculous...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 pm I read that story

some of the places were offering full time only to tell him that he'd start out as part time and have to work toward (according to him).

I ate at Wendys yesterday and they were putting job applications in the to go bags with napkins
You see he should show the world the spreadsheet to let them know all 59 places that were just lying about wages or jobs. If the spreadsheet was real and the jobs (at those wages) were not real, why not come clean and embarrass the restaurant owners and managers?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:06 pm So either there is or there is not a committee rule that states you have to provide 48 hours notice if you plan to show a video, and yet these two are reduced to squabbling "Yes, there is a rule that you must provide 48 hour notice" and the other guy saying "No, there's not." Fucking ridiculous...
Its possible that "rule" or "protocol" has been on the books forever but never actually enforced....

...until today. And really why block the video of a school board meeting unless it embarrasses you?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 pm

So Nadler reads it out, and the word "protocol" was used instead of "rule," which Gymbo Jordan tries to get around by saying it's not a "rule." Again, fucking ridiculous...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:19 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:09 pm So Nadler reads it out, and the word "protocol" was used instead of "rule," which Gymbo Jordan tries to get around by saying it's not a "rule." Again, fucking ridiculous...
Yes you are right, ridiculous, either way. I'm sure it is a rule or a protocol, I don't care. And I'm sure its been that way forever. But the DNC lawyers had to scramble last night to dig that rule up to cockblock Jordan from showing a video that both you and I want to see.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:22 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:20 pm This guy applied for 60 jobs and got a call for only one interview...

Yeah, I call bullshit on this.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:35 pm

Can someone please shoot IB?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:46 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:35 pm Can someone please shoot IB?
Is Cincinnati 4th congressional district? Is Gym Jordan YOUR GUY rat?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:49 pm

"Yes you are right, ridiculous, either way. I'm sure it is a rule or a protocol, I don't care. And I'm sure its been that way forever. But the DNC lawyers had to scramble last night to dig that rule up to cockblock Jordan from showing a video that both you and I want to see."

How did they know he was going to play the video if he didn't tell them? And for that matter, why didn't he just follow protocol and announce his intent to show a video 48 hours before the committee meeting?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:49 pm "Yes you are right, ridiculous, either way. I'm sure it is a rule or a protocol, I don't care. And I'm sure its been that way forever. But the DNC lawyers had to scramble last night to dig that rule up to cockblock Jordan from showing a video that both you and I want to see."

How did they know he was going to play the video if he didn't tell them? And for that matter, why didn't he just follow protocol and announce his intent to show a video 48 hours before the committee meeting?
Oh they knew. He had the tv screen all set up in the Senate meeting. The person who objected, she was planted SPECIFICALLY to cockblock Jordan. But everyone knew it was coming.

Why didn't he give them 48 hours notice? He may not have known he needed to do that until someone cockblocked him. Perhaps no one had ever been blocked before by use of that obscure rule.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Jim Jordan can suck your dick.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:18 pm

"Why didn't he give them 48 hours notice? He may not have known he needed to do that until someone cockblocked him."

B/c he's a committee member and it's a longstanding committee rule (or protocol, or whatever). I mean seriously, this ain't rocket science. I know Gymmy Jordan isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but goddamn, this is a glorified treehouse club, can he not even keep up with the few simpleton rules? Of course he can, he just wanted to show his ass and "argue" about the difference b/w "rule" and "protocol." And you love that, that's exactly how you think government should "work". Well, you want it, you got it....