Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am

That is, unless you keep a pile of caaaaiiiisssshhhh at ye house...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:01 am

I get it. What I don't get is how having the number at $600 (and not $10,000) will cut down on tax fraud. Which should be the only reason why Yellen should want to do anything in the role that she is in.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am

Also, any kind of legislation like this, its just going to drive people to use cryptocurrency all the more.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:52 am

lets hope they don't have to fly Southwest to get there....

Gov. Janet Mills shot down a Tuesday call from top Republicans to pass a testing alternative to her vaccine mandate for health care workers after a Lewiston hospital moved to temporarily reduce admissions further.

Central Maine Medical Center posted on Monday that it was suspending pediatric, heart attack and trauma admissions. It came after the hospital gave a grim contingency plan to lawmakers on Friday that included cutting intensive care unit beds by 50 percent if it loses all workers who remain unvaccinated when the mandate goes into effect this month.

It is the first Maine hospital seeing wide-ranging effects on its operations with Mills’ mandate set to be enforced late this month and President Joe Biden’s administration implementing a superseding one. Neither has a testing alternative, which the Lewiston hospital and some lawmakers want. Mills ruled it out on Tuesday, though a top legislative Democrat did not.

Central Maine Medical Center cited “unprecedented healthcare workforce shortages” in a Tuesday statement. A COVID-19 pandemic workforce shortage has led to 500 job openings across the hospital’s parent group, which has said it could lose up to 200 workers of 3,000 in total unless they decide to get vaccinated within a few days.

For now, patients who arrive at the Lewiston hospital’s emergency room will be screened and stabilized before possibly being transferred to another hospital. The trauma diversion status would be reviewed every 24 hours, while the halting of pediatric care will continue until further notice. Heart attack patients were admitted again on Tuesday. It will also be closing its neonatal intensive care unit at the end of the month due to resignations of key workers.

The challenges have led to the hospital’s officials to call on Mills to provide testing options. Steve Littleston, the president and CEO of Central Maine Healthcare, told the Portland Press Herald that would reduce 90 percent of the system’s expected departures due to the mandate.

Republicans have joined in, with Senate Minority Leader Jeff Timberlake, R-Turner, and House Minority Leader Kathleen Dillingham, R-Oxford, writing in a Tuesday letter to Democratic leaders that the Legislature should return for a special session to discuss amending the mandate, saying “it is not hyperbole to suggest Mainers will die” if that does not happen.

The Democratic governor shot back in a statement later, calling that remark “repugnant, dishonest, and an insult to every Maine person who has lost their life to COVID-19.” She said her policy “will keep both health care workers and their patients alive” and noted that the upcoming federal policy — which will supersede the state mandate — has no exception.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:52 am lets hope they don't have to fly Southwest to get there....

Gov. Janet Mills shot down a Tuesday call from top Republicans to pass a testing alternative to her vaccine mandate for health care workers after a Lewiston hospital moved to temporarily reduce admissions further.

Central Maine Medical Center posted on Monday that it was suspending pediatric, heart attack and trauma admissions. It came after the hospital gave a grim contingency plan to lawmakers on Friday that included cutting intensive care unit beds by 50 percent if it loses all workers who remain unvaccinated when the mandate goes into effect this month.

It is the first Maine hospital seeing wide-ranging effects on its operations with Mills’ mandate set to be enforced late this month and President Joe Biden’s administration implementing a superseding one. Neither has a testing alternative, which the Lewiston hospital and some lawmakers want. Mills ruled it out on Tuesday, though a top legislative Democrat did not.

Central Maine Medical Center cited “unprecedented healthcare workforce shortages” in a Tuesday statement. A COVID-19 pandemic workforce shortage has led to 500 job openings across the hospital’s parent group, which has said it could lose up to 200 workers of 3,000 in total unless they decide to get vaccinated within a few days.

For now, patients who arrive at the Lewiston hospital’s emergency room will be screened and stabilized before possibly being transferred to another hospital. The trauma diversion status would be reviewed every 24 hours, while the halting of pediatric care will continue until further notice. Heart attack patients were admitted again on Tuesday. It will also be closing its neonatal intensive care unit at the end of the month due to resignations of key workers.

The challenges have led to the hospital’s officials to call on Mills to provide testing options. Steve Littleston, the president and CEO of Central Maine Healthcare, told the Portland Press Herald that would reduce 90 percent of the system’s expected departures due to the mandate.

Republicans have joined in, with Senate Minority Leader Jeff Timberlake, R-Turner, and House Minority Leader Kathleen Dillingham, R-Oxford, writing in a Tuesday letter to Democratic leaders that the Legislature should return for a special session to discuss amending the mandate, saying “it is not hyperbole to suggest Mainers will die” if that does not happen.

The Democratic governor shot back in a statement later, calling that remark “repugnant, dishonest, and an insult to every Maine person who has lost their life to COVID-19.” She said her policy “will keep both health care workers and their patients alive” and noted that the upcoming federal policy — which will supersede the state mandate — has no exception.
hospital admins wrote:We don't have enough labor to keep the hospital open because the workers refuse to vaccinate. They would rather quit their jobs then take the vaccine. We can not help everyone that need help, its impossible. No labor. So math says people who will not be treated will die. Math says we have to submit to the staff or people die.
lefitst authoritarian living in ignorance of reality wrote:Fuck math. Math is racist. A policy is a policy. And it will be enforced. The end.
You know, I've seen small companies go out of business simply because all the workers quit (usually because they could make more money elsewhere.) Never once did the management at those companies stipulate that math didn't matter (which is what this governor just did.) They knew that without labor, they were doomed.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Did you idiots even read the link I posted about the $600? Buncha morons.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm Did you idiots even read the link I posted about the $600? Buncha morons.
I read the USA Today link. I am not a moron. I was just asking how this change over existing policy would help stop tax fraud. Your link didn't do a wonderful job answering that question.

Biden can't write bills to be signed into law. All he can do, is create an executive order. All executive orders terminate at the end of an Administration. (That is why Trump didn't have to maintain DACA.) Now if the IRS wants to change their regulatory policies (and it appears Yellen wants to do that very thing) then the responsibility is with the legislature to understand exactly why she wants transactions at $600 or more documented. And if that is a no-go for congress, then they need to write a bill, have it signed by the President, and create a law to prevent her from doing that. Obviously, NONE OF THAT will happen with this Senate and this President. Biden appointed Yellen so he is going to agree with whatever she says (because she is going to agree with Biden.) So he will not be signing any bills into law to stay her hand.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 pm

244996454_5074288595920717_4708194703047003255_n.jpg
244996454_5074288595920717_4708194703047003255_n.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Immigration is a non issue that’s given to idiots to distract them from thinking about things that actually matter.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:12 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:00 pm Immigration is a non issue that’s given to idiots to distract them from thinking about things that actually matter.
Its not an issue to you. But if you live in Greeley Colorado and you "had" a job in a meat packing plant ("had" being the operative word) and that job once paid $16.95 an hour, but the managers at Greeley could bring in wetbacks to do your job for $11.95/hour (because the Mexican immigrant is willing to live in squalor just to stay in the USA) then it matters. Maybe you only have an IQ of 91 and that meat packing job is the best way for you to earn a living in Greeley? Maybe you have no other options? Maybe your wife just divorced you because you can't keep her in the lifestyle that she was accustomed?

Tree, immigration is everything if you are a limited human being in the United States. If the immigrants who came here were all PhDs in computer science, then yes, immigration would be a non issue. But they aren't and its not. And people LIKE YOU refuse to allow our existing immigration law (which is based solely on family connections, not intelligence, accumulated wealth, or educational background) to be altered in anyway.

So you are just wrong.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm

You realize this is the only way the ponzi scheme of capitalism can function right? Increasing amounts of cheap labor and poor consumers to buy our Art Pope drek. PS I think I just agreed with you. Please file this away for when the insect overlords come.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:58 pm

I thought IBs hole was in Arizona? Those poor fucking meat packers need to suck it up. I don't see people fighting for jobs today.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:49 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm Did you idiots even read the link I posted about the $600? Buncha morons.
I read the USA Today link. I am not a moron. I was just asking how this change over existing policy would help stop tax fraud. Your link didn't do a wonderful job answering that question.

Biden can't write bills to be signed into law. All he can do, is create an executive order. All executive orders terminate at the end of an Administration. (That is why Trump didn't have to maintain DACA.) Now if the IRS wants to change their regulatory policies (and it appears Yellen wants to do that very thing) then the responsibility is with the legislature to understand exactly why she wants transactions at $600 or more documented. And if that is a no-go for congress, then they need to write a bill, have it signed by the President, and create a law to prevent her from doing that. Obviously, NONE OF THAT will happen with this Senate and this President. Biden appointed Yellen so he is going to agree with whatever she says (because she is going to agree with Biden.) So he will not be signing any bills into law to stay her hand.
Yet again, you stupid fuck, you’re wrong. EO’s don’t expire unless there is a sunset clause. The EO’s must be rescinded / revoked / overridden / cancelled.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm You realize this is the only way the ponzi scheme of capitalism can function right? Increasing amounts of cheap labor and poor consumers to buy our Art Pope drek. PS I think I just agreed with you. Please file this away for when the insect overlords come.
How do you know about that weasel art pope? I thought you were/are a New Yorker?

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 pm
Tree wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm You realize this is the only way the ponzi scheme of capitalism can function right? Increasing amounts of cheap labor and poor consumers to buy our Art Pope drek. PS I think I just agreed with you. Please file this away for when the insect overlords come.
How do you know about that weasel art pope? I thought you were/are a New Yorker?
That's a fine question.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:49 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Yet again, you stupid fuck, you’re wrong. EO’s don’t expire unless there is a sunset clause. The EO’s must be rescinded / revoked / overridden / cancelled.
Sunset clause? The EO is rescinded by the next President on his authority. Was there even one EO that Trump wrote that Biden didn't terminate on Jan 20 of this year?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 pm

“All executive orders terminate at the end of an Administration.”

Wrong. There has to be an action ending the order.

What do you not understand, you stupid son of a bitch?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:57 am

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 pm “All executive orders terminate at the end of an Administration.”

Wrong. There has to be an action ending the order.

What do you not understand, you stupid son of a bitch?
The only ending action that is needed to end the order is the next President taking office and instantly ending the order.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order
Presidential executive orders, once issued, remain in force until they are canceled, revoked, adjudicated unlawful, or expire on their terms. At any time, the president may revoke, modify or make exceptions from any executive order, whether the order was made by the current president or a predecessor.
At. Any. Time. The President may revoke. Biden revoked every single EO that Trump issued the moment he took office. You should know, you were masturbating while Biden was "taking that action."

DS, I say this with the most sincerity that I can muster, kindly fuck off.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:52 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:00 am

IB still thinks Trump is coming back. Hilarious