Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:02 am

Senator Blackburn is glamming it up here lately. She must be on the prowl.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 am

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:40 am $6b v $120b is a fuck ton of difference. $120b gives you enough to money to fuck with a lot of different markets and major entities without putting forth all or most of your assets, and that’s a powerful ability.

Both amounts are ungodly large, but there is a vast amount of difference.
That is correct, but there is no real difference in lifestyle. That is all I was saying. I'm not talking about fucking with markets and major entities. Both amounts allow you to buy islands if you want. Both amounts allow you to buy jet aircraft if you want. Both amounts allow you to buy 150+ passenger yachts is you want. Both amounts allow you to buy a damn skyscraper in NYC if you want. The Winklevii have enough money to buy an NFL franchise.
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:40 amWRT to your assertion regarding anyone having the ability to get a 3.95 in economics at a university like Harvard, you are only showing how ignorant you are and how limited your world view is.
Acing liberal arts degrees is not hard. Get the damn text book, study it, memorize it, and regurgitate it for the PhD professor that most likely has far less in life than he feels he is entitled. You'll get the A. You'll have a much easier time getting the A if you can dupe the professor into thinking that you share his political beliefs. You are NOT solving calculus or differential equations. You aren't in the physics lab trying to make proofs. You are not in the computer lab for 50+ hours a week writing code. Liberal arts majors do not have to produce anything of value to makes Dean's List. You don't have to "do" to get the A, you just need to "parrot" what the professor wants to hear.

Kind of like your job DS. You just show up in the court room and tell the judge what he wants to hear and you get the divorce for your client and you'll get some court ordered alimony and child support settlement. You don't have to work hard at that. Just follow the bullet point steps. You don't have to build or create anything. And to get more money, all you have to do is sell yourself like a street walking whore to unhappy cunts who want their husband's money but want to fuck the tatooedharleyridingunemployedrockbanddrummer. Wash-rinse-repeat.

Now don't get me wrong, I was happy the Winklevii got what they got from Zuck. Fuck him. He stole from them and he needed to pay. And pay he did! So fair's fair. But still, all the Winklevii had was an idea. They didn't actually go out and create anything. The twins have no ability to do that. And even now, with all the work they are doing with crypto, if I got a "full node" and showed them any portion of the bitcoin blockchain, I don't think that 3.95 GPA in Economics from Harvard would give them the ability to understand it. But they can sure "talk about it" to anyone who wants to listen. I could write code to utilize it. They couldn't.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:19 am

sardis wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:02 am Senator Blackburn is glamming it up here lately. She must be on the prowl.
The facebook questions that facebook will never directly answer, they kind of write themselves. She has a good staff and they can put together a nice line of questioning. Plus, she cares.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 am

The "work" they're doing in crypto??
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:57 am

hedge wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 am The "work" they're doing in crypto??
I guess they went and spun up some kind of crypto consulting company but mostly the "work" they are doing, its all just talk. Kind of like their contribution to facebook, just talk.

It would be better if the twins could break down the block chain and explain things from the technical side because the more people understand it, the easier it will be for them to sell what they are doing. But I am not sure that even they understand it.

But they can sure, talk. I still think they need Toastmasters, way too many "uuummms" Tyler.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:01 pm

From the peak on Sept 17, new reported cases of Covid 19 have dropped in half in Ohio , but the numbers are still higher than pre-vaccine days of early February.

Another 2 weeks of this trend and we should be back to acceptable levels for normal activities. As long as there is no variant that overwhelms us in the future, I think Ohio can see light at the end of the tunnel.

If you put the data in a spreadsheet and push it out based on the current trend, it looks like things will be under control around Oct 27
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:39 pm

Then the good folks of Ohio can get back to their normal lives of meth and narcotics addiction. Thank you jesus...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:03 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:39 pm Then the good folks of Ohio can get back to their normal lives of meth and narcotics addiction. Thank you jesus...
Did covid ever really make them stop?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Yes, all narcotics and meth use has ceased since covid...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:21 pm

Yes, of course it did

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:18 am

These people in the media are fucking insane. They chased my Senator into the bathroom to shame her with immigration questions. Kirsten can't even take a piss without being harassed.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:21 am

School boards push CRT education in their schools

Parents confront them about it, they initially deny it, then admit it, then when challenged as to why they have made the decisions to teach this, they ask the FBI to investigate the parents of the children they are teaching as domestic terrorists. Now I'm sure the parents said some wild shit as parents at school board meetings are prone to do. This isn't new. Its been happening for decades, from banning Harper, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck to LBGTQ issues.

the real concerning part is the FBI says they will do a cursory look.

so lets recap - elected officials introduce a highly subjective course of study , parents object and elected officials ask to have parents investigated as domestic terrorists.

I remember when being liberal meant you had a much higher tolerance for free speech. Now it appears some of them would prefer to use the government to squelch free speech to support their indoctrination policies as representatives of the public they serve.

And our FBI , in their drive to put their focus on white Americans being a threat to democracy, is all to happy to act on their request instead of chastising them for abusing their positions. These aren't Nazi flag waving proud boys, these are responsible parents of children across the United States who strongly object to biased educational material.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:24 am

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:18 am These people in the media are fucking insane. They chased my Senator into the bathroom to shame her with immigration questions. Kirsten can't even take a piss without being harassed.
How do you know she wasn't taking a shit?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:26 am

"so lets recap - elected officials introduce a highly subjective course of study , parents object and elected officials ask to have parents investigated as domestic terrorists."

That's child's play compared to the decades when J. Edgar Hoover was running the FBI. Of course, he was keeping files on hippies, rock stars, comics who said "fuck" on stage, hippies, anti-war types and other "subversive" elements, so conservatives didn't mind too much as long as the right people were being targeted. Well, I say "didn't mind so much," what I actually meant was "were delighted"...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:27 am

I won't argue that, but it doesn't make it anywhere close to being right or responsible to the public they serve

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:28 am

I edited my post..

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:30 am

Payback's a bitch, ain't it?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am

I'm actually just kidding, the FBI isn't looking into shit on these people...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:32 am

the world has changed alot since then. People that were "conservative" back then - hollywood elites and such were all in favor of smear campaigns to label people as communists.

Now its the opposite, the liberals of today are all in favor of smear campaigns to label middle class Americans as domestic terrorists which is another way of saying "white sumpremacists who will not be afforded due process"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 am

hedge wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:31 am I'm actually just kidding, the FBI isn't looking into shit on these people...
I chose my wording carefully on it. They are not investigating however they are interacting with local law enforcement

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Monday ordered federal law enforcement authorities to huddle with local leaders in the coming weeks to address what the nation’s top prosecutor called a recent “disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” against educators and school board members.

The Justice Department will also unveil a series of additional measures in the coming days to “address the rise in criminal conduct directed toward school personnel,” Garland wrote in a memorandum to federal prosecutors and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The department said they're expected to include a training program and a new federal task force stacked with representatives from the department's criminal, civil rights and national security divisions.

“Threats against public servants are not only illegal, they run counter to our nation's core values,” Garland wrote. “Those who dedicate their time and energy to ensuring that our children receive a proper education in a safe environment deserve to be able to do their work without fear for their safety.

that last statement tells you all you need to know about their position on CRT, regardless of parents concerns