Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:09 pm

If Fauci says you can't gather for Christmas, you'll obey...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm

I've got the fambly coming up this year pulling a cousin Eddie me. They are going to park that big ass fuggin RV in my front yard, put ruts in it , bringing the sis-n-law that locked me out of the house to get laid last time I was there.

I should be more Archie Bunker than George Bailey
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 pm

The Govt. Just shut down Facebook

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:24 pm

20211004_152333.jpg
20211004_152333.jpg (74.66 KiB) Viewed 435 times
Mark Zuckerberg

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:09 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:27 pm The Govt. Just shut down Facebook
Marsha Marsha Marsha!

I was expecting the pretty Davis girl from facebook to response to Senator Blackburn's data with the old "I was told there would be no math" girl response.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Zuckerberg wrote:We. Don't. Crash. Ever.
Well.....

www.facebook.com
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm

Likely culprit…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm

I'm sure the two Winklevii are laughing their asses off right now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Still wish you were dead

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Why can't I find any democrats going after facebook in the last week?

How many lobbyist dollars has Zuckerberg given the democrats on their re-election campaigns since they went after him in 2020?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 pm

There are confirmed reports that facebook employees have been locked out of their buildings. They can't even use their key cards to get in. Something really big happened. Don't know yet quite what it is.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:30 pm

Okay the democrats are going after them as well. here is the whole Q&A

I tend to think this may be the main reason why the site is down and they locked their employees out of their buildings as of a few hours ago

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:59 pm

all of Facebook's DNS records are gone. ALL of them. Apparently even using an IP address won't work.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:09 pm

New Zealand finally announced the end (read: failure) of their "zero community spread" COVID policy, and that they are going to have to finally slowly open up. So basically the epidemic is just going to be starting there right now, after a year and a half of destroying their economy and tourism in hopes that everything would all eventually just go away. Only a hundredth of a percent of their population has been exposed to the virus, and unbelievably, it seems that right now only 40% of their population is vaccinated? They need to be at like 80-90% vaccinated for this to have been a viable strategy (ie keep the virus out until everyone is super prepared) and they are only at 40%? Right now people seem to be cheering their prime minister's "heroic" stand against the virus and how they they "won" considering they only have had 27 deaths so far. I think those people are in for a rude awakening.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:15 pm

okay as of 6 minutes ago, facebook is back on line. I don't know about instagram

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm I'm sure the two Winklevii are laughing their asses off right now.
Why? B/c he's only worth $120 billion and they are worth about 1/20th of that (combined)? Yeah, that's hilarious...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm

Dave23 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:22 pm Image

Likely culprit…
heh

you know he sold myspace for a fortune before facebook took over the world
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:16 pm

To Justin. He made a nice 50 mill. Justin did.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:43 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm I'm sure the two Winklevii are laughing their asses off right now.
Why? B/c he's only worth $120 billion and they are worth about 1/20th of that (combined)? Yeah, that's hilarious...
They got $600 million from Zuckerberg in a settlement. That is their "payment" for giving him the idea for facebook. If they could have created facebook, they would have. But they couldn't. That is why they told Zuckerberg their idea in the first place. The Winklevii never wrote a line of code in their lives. They are not technical. They pulled a 3.95 GPA at Harvard but it was NOT in STEM. (Anyone can Ace economics, just read books and memorize bullshit that the professor thinks is important.)

It doesn't matter hedge. If you are worth $1 billion (and the Winklevii are worth way more than that) or worth $120 billion, it doesn't make any difference. The extra $119 billion will not have any meaningful impact on your lifestyle past the first billion, of that we can both agree. At the moment, the Winklevii are making a fortune with crypto-currency trading. They are doing just fine. But yes, I am sure they were laughing today because I am sure they still hold a grudge.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:40 am

$6b v $120b is a fuck ton of difference. $120b gives you enough to money to fuck with a lot of different markets and major entities without putting forth all or most of your assets, and that’s a powerful ability.

Both amounts are ungodly large, but there is a vast amount of difference.

WRT to your assertion regarding anyone having the ability to get a 3.95 in economics at a university like Harvard, you are only showing how ignorant you are and how limited your world view is.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.