Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:49 am

Taliban Criticized For Failure To Include Diverse Array Of Extremist Perspectives In Government

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN—Drawing prompt backlash from activists for a complete lack of representation in leadership, the Taliban came under fire Wednesday for failing to include a diverse array of extremist perspectives in their government. “What sort of message is the Taliban sending to young extremists around the globe when they don’t include a single Hindu nationalist or Proud Boy in their cabinet?” said far-right activist Bruce Connors, bemoaning the myopic leadership that had led the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan to entirely exclude KKK Grand Dragons and neo-Nazis from their newly established caliphate. “Where are the Tamil militants? How about some Buddhist extremists from Myanmar? Without a truly diverse range of white supremacists and ethno-nationalists, this government is only going to narrowly serve the interests of jihadists at the expense of millions of other murderous bigots worldwide” Connors added that he found the situation especially disappointing because the Taliban could find so much common ground with organizations like the Aryan Nation.

https://www.theonion.com/taliban-critic ... 1847638456
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:39 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:07 am I don't think that anybody who doesn't get the vaccine should suffer, but I certainly won't feel sorry for them if they die of covid. Of course, they are prolonging the pandemic for everybody else, too, which is why percentages of comparatively tiny populations (like PhD's) is virtually meaningless when comparing them to a population the size of total Trump voters...
How did the MYF take it when you told her that?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm

In the ass

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm

reminds of Blazing Saddles where they were hiring all the criminals

Turbins? We don't need no stinkin Turbins!
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:27 pm

"How did the MYF take it when you told her that?"

She was sanguine. She's in good shape, takes all her vitamins and wears a mask all day, chances are she won't get it and won't have a bad outcome even if she does. But I do think the vaccine gives you extra protection and it's free, so why not? Better than free, they gave me $100 in debit cards when I got mines...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:10 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 pm reminds of Blazing Saddles where they were hiring all the criminals

Turbins? We don't need no stinkin Turbins!
classic movie. It could not be made today, but a classic none-the-less

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm

mandating all employers with 100 or more employees require vaccination

yea,. that's going to go over well

I don't think we have to worry about Biden re-election now
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 pm

Naw. Not a worry. Once we get past the Trump virus things will get better.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:51 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm mandating all employers with 100 or more employees require vaccination

yea,. that's going to go over well

I don't think we have to worry about Biden re-election now
There is not one person who voted for Biden that will NOT vote for Biden next time because of this executive order. We are talking about a man where a woman has filed rape charges against him in the time of #BelieveAllWomen and feminists believe that he did in fact rape her but STILL said, vote for Biden.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:44 am

When were rape charges filed, dipshit?
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:49 am

Why did you lie, IB?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 am

He's really trying to fit in.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 am

DooKSucks wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:44 am When were rape charges filed, dipshit?
Dipshit? No, I don't think so DS. That is being a bit harsh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden ... allegation
In a March 25, 2020, interview with Katie Halper, Reade alleged that Biden had pushed her against a wall, kissed her, put his hand under her skirt, penetrated her with his fingers, and asked, "Do you want to go somewhere else?"[12][35] Reade told National Public Radio (NPR) for an April 19 article, "His hands went underneath my clothing and he was touching me in my private areas and without my consent."[35] Reade told The Intercept her impression was that Biden believed he had consent and was surprised when she rejected him.[36] Reade told The New York Times for an April 12 article that when she pulled away from Biden, he looked puzzled and said, "Come on, man, I heard you liked me." She then said he told her "You're nothing to me, nothing," followed by "You're OK, you're fine."[14] Reade told NPR she could not remember the exact place or date of the incident, stating it was likely a basement of a D.C. Senate office building in the spring of 1993.[35]
So she is publicly saying that he finger fucked her. Charges filed? No. It appears not. Maybe she talked to the DA and they decided not to proceed or maybe she never talked to law enforcement about it? It appears I jumped the gun. But this is a pretty definitive story that Tara is alleging and I'm not a dipshit.

Now having said that, lets say this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/06/opin ... -vote.html
Linda Hirshman wrote:I’ll take one for the team. I believe Ms. Reade, and I’ll vote for Mr. Biden this fall.

I won’t say it will be easy. I have been writing on and agitating for women’s equality since “The Feminine Mystique” came out in 1963. I know how supposedly “liberal” men abused the sexual revolution in every imaginable way. I am unimpressed by their lip service to feminism, their Harvard degrees or their donations to feminist causes.

In 1998, I was one of a few establishment feminists to argue on behalf of Monica Lewinsky, when the unofficial representative of the movement, Gloria Steinem, threw her under the bus in the pages of The New York Times to protect Bill Clinton. I maintained my position until, two decades and a #MeToo movement later, Ms. Steinem issued a non-apology for the essay. So I hate, hate, hate to say the following.

Suck it up and make the utilitarian bargain.

All major Democratic Party figures have indicated they’re not budging on the presumptive nominee, and the transaction costs of replacing him would be suicidal. Barring some miracle, it’s going to be Mr. Biden.

So what is the greatest good or the greatest harm? Mr. Biden, and the Democrats he may carry with him into government, are likely to do more good for women and the nation than his competition, the worst president in the history of the Republic. Compared with the good Mr. Biden can do, the cost of dismissing Tara Reade — and, worse, weakening the voices of future survivors — is worth it. And don’t call me an amoral realist. Utilitarianism is not a moral abdication; it is a moral stance.

Utilitarianism arose from the Industrial Revolution, a time of terrible economic inequality and abuse. It was intended to make a moral claim for the equality of all creatures who can feel pain and experience pleasure.

Weigh it: Don’t a few extra cents for each worker matter more than the marginal dollar for the boss? Weigh it: Won’t the good for all the Americans who will benefit from replacing Donald Trump with Joe Biden, including the masses of women who will get some crumbs, count for more than the harm done to the victims of abuse?
Linda Hirshman is being honest.

Feminists have been "weighing this" for years DS, decades. They knew it is generally (almost always) the wealthy, liberal, democrat men who use their power/clout to violate women (Jeffrey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, etc) and sometimes feminists look the other way when this happens because politics and the right to abortion means sacrificing women for the greater good (Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, Eliot Spitzer, etc.)

Look, you bust up marriages for a living. I'm not going to convince you of anything. If you can sleep at night at choose that profession, then I've pretty much already given up on you. So I really don't give a damn if what I have say is falling on deaf ears with you. What I am going to say (what I said earlier) is that Joe did not lose a vote. That is because feminists don't give a shit when powerful democrat men abuse women. They don't. They never did. They will continue to vote for them because women are sacrificed for feminism. Feminism is about power NOT equality. And feminists like having a man like Joe in a position of power. The hell with protecting women.

This is one of the many reasons why I like being a conservative and Republican. We can generally be consistent and we truly look out for and protect, women. We are on the side of the angels which makes us better people than you DS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 am

Its insanity to believe that companies are going to fire workers over a vaccine mandate from the government

Now employers can readily take the position that their employees should be required to be vaccinated - Well within their rights but I'm certain there are many companies out there with no intention of telling an employee the terms of their employment is contingent upon taking a vaccine.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:21 am

"It appears I jumped the gun"

As usual

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:25 am

eCat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 am Its insanity to believe that companies are going to fire workers over a vaccine mandate from the government

Now employers can readily take the position that their employees should be required to be vaccinated - Well within their rights but I'm certain there are many companies out there with no intention of telling an employee the terms of their employment is contingent upon taking a vaccine.
If they have government contracts they will. I applaud the move.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am

eCat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 am Its insanity to believe that companies are going to fire workers over a vaccine mandate from the government

This hurts businesses like mine that has over 100 employees. We have about 20% who refuse to get vaccinated and just as soon leave to a smaller firm with less than 100 and not have to deal with the mandate.

I don't know if this administration is purposely trying to bring business down or they are so stupid about the economy out there.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:23 pm

sardis wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:57 am

This hurts businesses like mine that has over 100 employees. We have about 20% who refuse to get vaccinated and just as soon leave to a smaller firm with less than 100 and not have to deal with the mandate.

I don't know if this administration is purposely trying to bring business down or they are so stupid about the economy out there.
He doesn't know what he is saying. He's an old man. He's been in government all his career. He has no idea how to run a business. He just wants authority and to make demands of people without understanding the possible ruin imposed by his demands.

That is what leftists do. When you confront them with the math and the logic of how what they are demanding makes no sense, they get all indignant and start yelling and say "hey we are liberal arts majors! We can't do things. We just give orders. Find the math expert who can make the numbers work! Make THEM do things!" as if that can actually happen.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:47 pm

received_872597083416108.jpeg
received_872597083416108.jpeg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 456 times

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:59 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:21 am "It appears I jumped the gun"

As usual
I wish he'd jumped in front of one...