Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:30 am

This article shows how mentally screwed up liberals are. She admits she’s hypocritical, yet pats herself on the back because she’s a proponent of public schools, and doing what’s best for her child by sending her to private school….

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... ar-AAO78i6

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:56 am

"I've been asked to interview with a company that would require I move to Austin."

What would it take to uproot you from Cinci?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:58 am

I agree with her on this part

"Stop reinforcing the idea that America’s poor must run to the benevolent rich for help, because the affluent child at the next desk isn’t your public education savior."

I have always been against school vouchers because I believe that an engaged local school is foundational to a better community. Shipping the kids with potential out to a school district doesn't help their community, and puts them at a disadvantage on multiple levels against their well funded, acclimated and local schoolmates.

I don't know the answer to creating a local school that is engaged in a community that is impoverished and has many single parent households, but shipping the kids off is not it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:01 am

hedge wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:56 am "I've been asked to interview with a company that would require I move to Austin."

What would it take to uproot you from Cinci?
Even though I have been here 20 years, Cinci was the place to raise my kids and establish myself.

But now that I am essentially an empty nester, I don't want to be here if a better option comes along. It was something I have been discussing with my wife for awhile, but with the pandemic leading to remote work, and the availability of high speed internet thru Starlink, its opened up a big part of the country that wasn't there to me before.

Austin wouldn't be my first choice, or 5, or 10th, but it has potential.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:06 am

But that's where the caaaaaiiiiiissshhh is...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:21 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:36 am

when they call it Dewormer story instead of Ivermectin it tells you all you need to know the slant

from the National Library of Medicine

In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases since six decades prior, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases. Since March 2020, when IVM was first used against a new global scourge, COVID-19, more than 20 randomized clinical trials (RCTs) have tracked such inpatient and outpatient treatments. Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls. During mass IVM treatments in Peru, excess deaths fell by a mean of 74% over 30 days in its ten states with the most extensive treatments. Reductions in deaths correlated with the extent of IVM distributions in all 25 states with p < 0.002. Sharp reductions in morbidity using IVM were also observed in two animal models, of SARS-CoV-2 and a related betacoronavirus. The indicated biological mechanism of IVM, competitive binding with SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, is likely non-epitope specific, possibly yielding full efficacy against emerging viral mutant strains.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:57 am

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:58 am I agree with her on this part

"Stop reinforcing the idea that America’s poor must run to the benevolent rich for help, because the affluent child at the next desk isn’t your public education savior."

I have always been against school vouchers because I believe that an engaged local school is foundational to a better community. Shipping the kids with potential out to a school district doesn't help their community, and puts them at a disadvantage on multiple levels against their well funded, acclimated and local schoolmates.

I don't know the answer to creating a local school that is engaged in a community that is impoverished and has many single parent households, but shipping the kids off is not it.
Education in the United States is a joke. Why? Politics at the federal level.

Democrats are hellbent on making sure the DOE exists. There should be no department of education. It only exists to serve the needs of the teachers (never the students.) They are SELLING that they serve the needs of the students but in reality, its a jobs program. Its a jobs program that makes sure that democrats get the nation's teachers are reliable voters.

When people become primary and secondary teachers BECAUSE
  • they can party for 4 years at university because teaching credentials do not require a bachelor's degree in STEM
  • they like having authority at such a young age
  • they like their summers off
  • they like long Christmas vacations
  • they like coaching sports (more authority)
  • they like running plays, chess teams, and academic clubs (even more authority)
  • they like going on fancy field trips for free as chaperones (my daughter saw our nation's capital in 8th grade, only cost me $2200 for quad accomidations for 4 days which is ridiculous and she'll be going to South Africa in May of 2022, I WISH that only cost me $2200)
  • they don't know how to do anything in the business world but
  • they do want tenure and seniority and pension to make sure they get paychecks and healthcare coverage for life
is it any wonder that we are spending $17,000 per pupil in Washington DC and the majority of the high school graduates that DO graduate are still functionally illiterate? If you try and do something about it (Michelle Rhee tried) you are cast out and humiliated and tormented for all your true effort until you are removed because of politics. Because this is the world we live in here in the United States, education is joke. I talk to parents all the time who tell me (privately) that they simply do not regard the teachers at the public school that their children are assigned to as anything more than day care providers. That is how little respect is given. Is it any wonder why so many married parents have given up and are teaching at home or (if they can afford it) sending their kids to private school where results are truly realized?

Our current educational system, the way the Department of Education has it set up (6 to 6.5 hours a day, 180 days a year, with tracking, and standardized testing) only really works if and ONLY if almost all the children in the school are sired in wedlock and mom and dad are still married (working as a team to lean on junior to do his homework AND support the teacher) AND our economy financially rewards conscientiousness over IQ, then we can go with what we have. But those parameters do not exist anymore, certainly not a nation with a 41% bastardy rate trying to be successful in the information age of a globalized world. These things require IQ (you pick up new things much faster) and marriage (parents working as a team in the home, which doubles their output to buttress education.) The world has changed, but education in the United States hasn't. Its rigid. And the DOE is there (working for the teachers) to make sure it stays nice and rigid.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:02 pm

I blame DS for this crisis

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:03 pm

He's not helping that's for damn sure.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:15 pm

He's evil

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:17 pm

He is not. His CAREER is evil.

If you are going to bait me like the masturbater that you are, get it right.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:21 pm

this is why I have a hard time thinking about living West of the Mississippi

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:34 pm

DS would be better off providing abortions. Just think of all the child support he could save his future clients.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:17 pm

I shouldn't have thrown out all of those old wire hangers last week.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:18 pm

Just hit the dry cleaners

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:47 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:17 pm I shouldn't have thrown out all of those old wire hangers last week.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:17 pm

The school board in Sacramento just let this teacher go. They had to. They didn't want to, they were "caught" by the parents who watched this via Project Veritas.

There has been a couple board meetings where the parents just laid into the board. Its pretty obvious to me that the board didn't want to even have those meetings, just sit there and be lectured? LOL! A couple of the parents wanted to ask the board members questions but they refused to answer them. They wont answer them. Not terminating this teacher years ago, they have no defense for that.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:40 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:35 am

now even easier for women in Texas - they can go to Mexico!

I can't even buy a gun in Mexico.