Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:15 pm

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:47 pm

But he lives in Maricopa County. That's Phoenix ya know.

Fifer
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Fifer » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 pm

The company I retired from has told it's employees vaccinate and prove it by October 1 or be terminated. My son works for a major regional hospital, same thing October 1 deadline. If you refuse to vaccinate and get sick, well fuck you. I don't give two shits if you die.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:16 pm

Amen brother

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:28 pm

Fifer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 pm The company I retired from has told it's employees vaccinate and prove it by October 1 or be terminated. My son works for a major regional hospital, same thing October 1 deadline. If you refuse to vaccinate and get sick, well fuck you. I don't give two shits if you die.
There have been hundreds of thousands of Americans who have died from Covid.

I will readily admit that any medication has risks, but show me who has died from the covid vaccine.

Even if hundreds have died, that’s far more acceptable than hundreds of thousands. It’s sad but true.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm

Fifer wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:14 pm The company I retired from has told it's employees vaccinate and prove it by October 1 or be terminated. My son works for a major regional hospital, same thing October 1 deadline. If you refuse to vaccinate and get sick, well fuck you. I don't give two shits if you die.
I agree with Fifer on something.

Well, the meteor should be hitting earth any moment now…

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:56 pm

Hello?

Did anyone else feel that?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:59 am

hedge wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:15 pm
You can go by a poll or by actual statistics. The reporter could easily access it, too, but it didn't fit his narrative so do polls until you get the outcome you like.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:11 am

I think with the high number of breakthrough cases, people are not considering a few major factors, especially with the Pfizer vaccine losing its effectiveness.

Who were the first to get the vaccine? The most at risk population. So its logical to assume at this point that as the vaccine's effectiveness decreases and noteworthy deaths of those vaccinated increases, the same rules apply now that applied at the start of this - the most at risk people are the ones being effected.

I suspect that if you look at cases, you'll see a breakdown of those in the hospital that aren't vaccinated are mostly people under the age of 45 who took a calculated risk, and those that are in the hospital vaccinated are elderly or have pre-existing conditions and unfortunately are seeing the vaccine, particularly Pfizer wane in its ability to protect them.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:33 am

Novavax is ultimately going to be the most effective vaccine, but Pfizer, Moderna and J&J have colluded with the FDA to slow roll them. But they can't stop them. Most of the rest of the world is already starting to get Novavax vaccine, it's just a matter of time...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:45 am

what is interesting with Sardis' chart is that we are just a few percentage points away from the original number touted by Fauci and company to reach the goal of herd immunity.

yet its pretty clear we are nowhere near that with variants; I'm not sure herd immunity is even possible.

Its hard to push against those who aren't getting vaccinated when our government refuses to get serious about closing our border.

The lambda variant originated in South America and is in Houston. Its not difficult to follow the path and to predict how it arrived in this country.

It is realistic to keep it out? I don't know but the idea that American citizens are being chastised for not getting vaccinated while immigrants stream across the border while infected with a vaccine resistant strain seems not just irresponsible to me as well as just as callous in regards to human life as some project on those here unvaccinated.

Now I recognize is a very small percentage of illegals, but all it takes is 1.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:49 am

"You can go by a poll or by actual statistics. The reporter could easily access it, too, but it didn't fit his narrative so do polls until you get the outcome you like."

Funny, I didn't see any breakdown of dem/repub or Biden/Trump voters in the article you linked...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:56 am

sardis wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:59 am
You can go by a poll or by actual statistics. The reporter could easily access it, too, but it didn't fit his narrative so do polls until you get the outcome you like.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -data.html
DC01D819-5E21-4E62-A257-5B75D3DF1FA3.jpeg
DC01D819-5E21-4E62-A257-5B75D3DF1FA3.jpeg (139.79 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... emographic
6C877F9D-51C5-4F66-8B7D-E790D9238C03.jpeg
6C877F9D-51C5-4F66-8B7D-E790D9238C03.jpeg (153.6 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
The official statistics are wildly inaccurate due to the CDC’s own admission. So, the right wingers beating their chest based on those numbers can stfu.

If the NBC poll was conducted within the bounds of acceptable polling practices, I think the poll is telling. It shows that white republicans, especially Trumpers, are the ones who are refusing to admit to receiving (and likely have not received) the vaccine.

When looking at all of this together, it shows the racist rhetoric spouted by Hannity, Ingraham, OAN, Carlson, Newsmax and their lemming followers like that bigot IB is bullshit. They’re blaming one half of blacks for the vaccine shortage when nearly half of white republicans (a group far larger than the black population) are the ones refusing to get vaccines.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:27 am

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:56 amWhen looking at all of this together, it shows the racist rhetoric spouted by Hannity, Ingraham, OAN, Carlson, Newsmax and their lemming followers like that bigot IB is bullshit. They’re blaming one half of blacks for the vaccine shortage when nearly half of white republicans (a group far larger than the black population) are the ones refusing to get vaccines.
I don't see anyone here blaming anyone for anything.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:45 am

first the FBI can't find any organized conspiracy for Jan 6, now the DOJ won't answer on the record if they are following their own policies in going after one of Alex Jones' guys. We really need to clean out these organizations and put in fresh people who actually took a civics class in school

--------------------------------------------------------------
Attorney General Merrick Garland’s move last month to limit Justice Department probes of journalists is facing an early test from an unlikely source: a federal judge overseeing a criminal case against a talk-show host on Infowars, a right-wing website known for touting discredited conspiracy theories.

In an order made public Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui said prosecutors refused to answer on the record whether they had complied with the department’s updated media policy when seeking a warrant to arrest the talk-show host, Owen Shroyer, for his alleged involvement in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“The events of January 6th were an attack on the foundation of our democracy,” the judge wrote. “But this does not relieve the Department of Justice from following its own guidelines, written to preserve the very same democracy.”
Prosecutors had provided enough evidence to warrant Mr. Shroyer’s being put on criminal trial, Judge Faruqui wrote, but they wouldn’t lay out their reasons for determining that Mr. Shroyer wasn’t a member of the news media.
“The Department of Justice appears to believe that it is the sole enforcer of its regulations,” the judge concluded. “That leaves the court to wonder who watches the watchmen.”

the article goes on to quote a DOJ official saying that the Judge has alot of nerve to be questioning how they enforce their policies - which speaks volumes to me.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:00 am

eCat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:45 am first the FBI can't find any organized conspiracy for Jan 6, now the DOJ won't answer on the record if they are following their own policies in going after one of Alex Jones' guys. We really need to clean out these organizations and put in fresh people who actually took a civics class in school

--------------------------------------------------------------
Attorney General Merrick Garland’s move last month to limit Justice Department probes of journalists is facing an early test from an unlikely source: a federal judge overseeing a criminal case against a talk-show host on Infowars, a right-wing website known for touting discredited conspiracy theories.

In an order made public Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui said prosecutors refused to answer on the record whether they had complied with the department’s updated media policy when seeking a warrant to arrest the talk-show host, Owen Shroyer, for his alleged involvement in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“The events of January 6th were an attack on the foundation of our democracy,” the judge wrote. “But this does not relieve the Department of Justice from following its own guidelines, written to preserve the very same democracy.”
Prosecutors had provided enough evidence to warrant Mr. Shroyer’s being put on criminal trial, Judge Faruqui wrote, but they wouldn’t lay out their reasons for determining that Mr. Shroyer wasn’t a member of the news media.
“The Department of Justice appears to believe that it is the sole enforcer of its regulations,” the judge concluded. “That leaves the court to wonder who watches the watchmen.”

the article goes on to quote a DOJ official saying that the Judge has alot of nerve to be questioning how they enforce their policies - which speaks volumes to me.
I didn't used to think that the Strzok's of the FBI world were all that common, but sometimes I wonder just how many other federal cops think with their dick?

Still can't find any youtubes with Lisa Page speaking.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:57 pm

its about anti-bodies, not the vaccine

------------------

The New Civil Liberties Alliance is pleased to announce today that George Mason University (GMU) has granted a medical exemption from its mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy to NCLA client Todd Zywicki, George Mason University Foundation Professor of Law at Antonin Scalia Law School. NCLA is delighted with Prof. Zywicki’s victory for freedom. His brave determination to fight the university’s misguided and scientifically unsound vaccination mandate has garnered nationwide attention. GMU and other universities must stop ignoring science and cease forcing mandatory vaccines on even those with naturally acquired immunity (especially if only approved under a federal Emergency Use Authorization statute).

Strangely, despite solid scientific evidence, GMU continues to refuse to recognize that Covid-19 vaccination is medically unnecessary for ALL students, faculty, and staff with naturally acquired immunity demonstrated with antibody testing. At times GMU officials have appeared to deny that such a thing as naturally acquired immunity exists. This refusal is particularly odd, as the efficacy of the very vaccines GMU wishes to mandate are measured against levels of natural immunity acquired by those who have recovered from Covid-19. For this reason, NCLA continues to explore litigation against GMU. We also welcome hearing from others on public-university campuses in Virginia—particularly tenured faculty—who have naturally acquired immunity backed by antibody testing and whose schools are similarly disregarding the scientific facts surrounding naturally acquired immunity.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:25 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:56 am
sardis wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:59 am

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -data.html

DC01D819-5E21-4E62-A257-5B75D3DF1FA3.jpeg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... emographic

6C877F9D-51C5-4F66-8B7D-E790D9238C03.jpeg

The official statistics are wildly inaccurate due to the CDC’s own admission. So, the right wingers beating their chest based on those numbers can stfu.

If the NBC poll was conducted within the bounds of acceptable polling practices, I think the poll is telling. It shows that white republicans, especially Trumpers, are the ones who are refusing to admit to receiving (and likely have not received) the vaccine.

When looking at all of this together, it shows the racist rhetoric spouted by Hannity, Ingraham, OAN, Carlson, Newsmax and their lemming followers like that bigot IB is bullshit. They’re blaming one half of blacks for the vaccine shortage when nearly half of white republicans (a group far larger than the black population) are the ones refusing to get vaccines.
Objection overruled....the court will accept it.

118,049,048 >>>> than the 1,000 or so NBC polled.

We're not blaming blacks were countering the blaming of Trumpians.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Who's great idea was to have a student trip to Afghanistan even without the pullout?

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... s-stranded

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:31 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:57 pm its about anti-bodies, not the vaccine

------------------

The New Civil Liberties Alliance is pleased to announce today that George Mason University (GMU) has granted a medical exemption from its mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy to NCLA client Todd Zywicki, George Mason University Foundation Professor of Law at Antonin Scalia Law School. NCLA is delighted with Prof. Zywicki’s victory for freedom. His brave determination to fight the university’s misguided and scientifically unsound vaccination mandate has garnered nationwide attention. GMU and other universities must stop ignoring science and cease forcing mandatory vaccines on even those with naturally acquired immunity (especially if only approved under a federal Emergency Use Authorization statute).

Strangely, despite solid scientific evidence, GMU continues to refuse to recognize that Covid-19 vaccination is medically unnecessary for ALL students, faculty, and staff with naturally acquired immunity demonstrated with antibody testing. At times GMU officials have appeared to deny that such a thing as naturally acquired immunity exists. This refusal is particularly odd, as the efficacy of the very vaccines GMU wishes to mandate are measured against levels of natural immunity acquired by those who have recovered from Covid-19. For this reason, NCLA continues to explore litigation against GMU. We also welcome hearing from others on public-university campuses in Virginia—particularly tenured faculty—who have naturally acquired immunity backed by antibody testing and whose schools are similarly disregarding the scientific facts surrounding naturally acquired immunity.
This is just scientific people in fear of being #unWoke and #cancelled if they go on the record in support of science. Of COURSE the people who already had Covid-19 (and lived) who are loaded with anti-bodies have more immunity than anyone who didn't already have it, getting a vaccine. Of course that is true. Of course it is redundant for the people with anti-bodies to go and get vaccines.

If as a scientist, your paycheck depends on you being political first, scientist second, its time to re-evaluate your career or (at the very least) re-evaluate how you choose to be compensated in your career. You always need to dealing from a position of strength. Several times in my career I have told bosses/employers to go fuck themselves and I've quit (just walked right off the job) because they wouldn't listen to me after I warned them time-and-again, don't do this. And in each case, my employer was SHOCKED that I would DO such a thing (abandoning them at a time when they said they need me the most.) In two such cases, my "abandonment" meant the eventual termination of my bosses because they couldn't follow my work AND they couldn't hire anyone to replace me in such time that the work I was doing would get done in the amount of time I was doing it. I call that free market justice. Scientists in academia need to feel like they are in a position of power such that they could speak TRUTH TO POWER without being terminated or if they are, they should be confident enough to know that it wouldn't matter, they can be hired by someone else (anyone else) tomorrow. Because their termination often means career #cancellation in academia, then that is probably why so many people are increasing turning their back on higher education. Academia is increasingly forgetting what its purpose is.