Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:57 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:57 am "Its ok to believe the 2020 election had some serious irregularities that have to be investigated. But some of the stuff people are clinging to as beyond a shadow of a doubt proof is crazy."

To the people who know better, the people who believe the former don't look that much different from the people you describe in the latter...
yea, but those people are morons
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:49 pm

I wanted to see the explosion

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Too easy...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:54 pm

congress wants to ban credit scores

I worked my ass off for decades being disciplined, careful, and responsible to earn my 824 score. And now after all the time I put in, they are talking about scrapping it? Why? I guess our current scoring system that has been in place exactly as it is for the last 32 years is just too.... racist
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:30 pm

It's not a question of being OK with it or not, if it happened, it happened. But it didn't happen. And you and your ilk are definitely not OK with that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:08 pm

What's wrong with banning credit scores? I'm game.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Theres no way Mike Hughes actually thought the world was flat. IMO he used flat earthers to fund his crazy engineering project.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:15 am

Well, whatever he thought, he was wrong...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:49 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 pm Wearing a mask in order to protect others isn’t the same as discrimination practiced by law enforcement. There is a difference.
That's correct. There is a difference.

But mandating someone who already HAD covid-19 to wear a mask (particularly if that person was also vaccinated) is a bit much. They are not a carrier and could not catch or spread the disease. Furthermore, if that infected and vaccinated person comes into contact with someone who has active covid, they are loaded with antibodies. So.... they will be fine.
In a shocking development, IB is woefully wrong on a multitude of issues.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:46 am

"But mandating someone who already HAD covid-19 to wear a mask (particularly if that person was also vaccinated) is a bit much."

Our grandpappies went to Europe to save the free world in the 1940's, but asking you to wear a mask is "a bit much?" What a bunch of mewling pussies we've become. The Republican party should change their name to the Karen party...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:56 am

We've?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:06 am

It's a societal change that has allowed some (many) to mewl over nothing and thereby consider themselves freedom fighters...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:11 am

Rand Paul Files Disclosure 16 Months Late Showing Wife Invested In Remdesivir Maker

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) disclosed Wednesday that his wife bought stock in Gilead Sciences, which makes an antiviral drug used to treat COVID-19, just weeks before the full threat of the coronavirus pandemic came to public light.

Paul filed paperwork to show that his wife, Kelley Paul, invested in Gilead in February 2020, according to The Washington Post. The pharmaceutical company makes remdesivir, an antiviral drug given to former President Donald Trump when he was sick with COVID-19 in October.

Paul is a member of the Senate health committee, which began receiving briefings on COVID-19 in January 2020, the month before his wife’s investment.

Paul filed the disclosure 16 months after the deadline mandated by the Stock Act, which requires lawmakers to report such details within 45 days to curb trading on information not available to the public.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rand-pau ... 140311503c

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:27 am

Bitch

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:41 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:43 am

LOL!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am
DooKSucks wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 pm Wearing a mask in order to protect others isn’t the same as discrimination practiced by law enforcement. There is a difference.

But mandating someone who already HAD covid-19 to wear a mask (particularly if that person was also vaccinated) is a bit much. They are not a carrier and could not catch or spread the disease. Furthermore, if that infected and vaccinated person comes into contact with someone who has active covid, they are loaded with antibodies. So.... they will be fine.
So you've said. But in the world of science, medicine, and reality, if a person had covid-19, they are as likely to have covid-19 AGAIN as someone who had measles once, and then getting it AGAIN. How many people do any of you know who have had chicken pox twice? Mumps twice? I know of none.

I have been told by people that it is possible to get Covid-19, twice. I have had people tell me that. Of course, they have no proof when they say it (don't have two positive tests documented), they just believe it. I don't believe it. I don't think they are lying. I think they are just mistaken.

People who never had covid that are getting vaccinated, they are still getting covid (but their numbers and symptoms are greatly reduced.) Telling them to wear masks makes sense. Those who already HAD covid, mandating that they were masks, well that is just to make everyone around them feel nicer. That's all. There isn't really any public health benefit to that. People who had it, they are not going to get it again, will not spread it.

Now if your argument to mandate everyone wear masks (even those who already had covid) is because people are just no-good lying-liars, well that is a different issue. I might even go along with that. But then Fauci needs to say that US citizens are all a bunch of lying liars who would lie about saying they already had covid just so they don't have to wear a mask.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am

So you've said. But in the world of science, medicine, and reality, if a person had covid-19, they are as likely to have covid-19 AGAIN as someone who had measles once, and then getting it AGAIN. How many people do any of you know who have had chicken pox twice? Mumps twice? I know of none.

I have been told by people that it is possible to get Covid-19, twice. I have had people tell me that. Of course, they have no proof when they say it (don't have two positive tests documented), they just believe it. I don't believe it. I don't think they are lying. I think they are just mistaken.

People who never had covid that are getting vaccinated, they are still getting covid (but their numbers and symptoms are greatly reduced.) Telling them to wear masks makes sense. Those who already HAD covid, mandating that they were masks, well that is just to make everyone around them feel nicer. That's all. There isn't really any public health benefit to that. People who had it, they are not going to get it again, will not spread it.

Now if your argument to mandate everyone wear masks (even those who already had covid) is because people are just no-good lying-liars, well that is a different issue. I might even go along with that. But then Fauci needs to say that US citizens are all a bunch of lying liars who would lie about saying they already had covid just so they don't have to wear a mask.
Not all viruses and antibodies are the same, dipshit.

I know three people who have had covid twice. None of those three received the vaccination. Admittedly, that's anecdotal. Still, studies are showing the same thing: the vaccine antibodies are superior to the antibodies the virus produces.

I know two people who have had "brekthrough" infections post vaccination. Both cases were mild. Again, anecdotal, but I think it's representative of the studies out there.

I think it's selfish to refuse to wear a mask based on what we know / don't know. It shows one is more concerned about his / her own self and not others.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:57 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm So you've said. But in the world of science, medicine, and reality, if a person had covid-19, they are as likely to have covid-19 AGAIN as someone who had measles once, and then getting it AGAIN. How many people do any of you know who have had chicken pox twice? Mumps twice? I know of none.

Not all viruses and antibodies are the same, dipshit.
Doesn't make me wrong.
DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pmI know three people who have had covid twice. None of those three received the vaccination.

I don't care if they were vaccinated or not from a re-occurance standpoint. That is irrelevant. I know of a few people who got vaccinated (who can prove to me they were vaccinated) who got covid after the fact. So the vaccines are not full proof (obviously.) But the vaccines do an excellent job of greatly reducing the symptoms and danger a person encounters when they get covid. I am no anti-vaxxer. I am pro-vaccine.

What I care about is science. What I care about is proof. You have proof that these three people had it TWICE? These three people, did they each show you two different positive covid tests with span of time in-between such that they recover fully from one case only to get it AGAIN? Or did they just tell you that and you believed them? Because people have been telling me that too, of course, I've never seen any proof to their claims. So I'm not buying it. Maybe they got covid once and maybe they got the flu and felt like shit once? That seems more believable.
DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pmAdmittedly, that's anecdotal. Still, studies are showing the same thing: the vaccine antibodies are superior to the antibodies the virus produces.
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://anncoulter.com/2021/07/28/the-vaccine-karensxx/
Ann Coulter on Cleveland Clinic wrote:Then in June, the Cleveland Clinic produced a gigantic, perfectly controlled study finding that people who’d already had COVID received no benefit from vaccination.

The clinic had tested its 52,238 employees throughout 2020. At one point or another, 2,579 tested positive. By mid-December, 46% of the recovered COVID patients had taken the vaccine, but more than half (54%) had not.

Five months later, none of the previously infected had been re-infected — including the 1,359 who did not take the vaccine. (Among clinic employees who were vaccinated, but not previously infected, 15 got COVID.)

The authors concluded: “Our study … provid[es] direct evidence that vaccination does not add protection to those who were previously infected.”
That is a health care provider in Ohio with 50,000+ employees, many of which are exposed to covid-19 every single day. The ones who got it, NONE got it again, NONE. As in ZERO. The people who got covid, never got it again. They are a health care company, and I am going to trust them on this a hell of a lot more than I would ever trust you OR the three people you "know" who got covid twice.

You are not lying DS. You are just, wrong counsellor. So don't get your feelings hurt or your panties in a twist.
DooKSucks wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pmI know two people who have had "brekthrough" infections post vaccination. Both cases were mild. Again, anecdotal, but I think it's representative of the studies out there.

I think it's selfish to refuse to wear a mask based on what we know / don't know. It shows one is more concerned about his / her own self and not others.
I might even agree with you. But if someone already had covid-19 (and at the moment, that is 37,200,000+ US citizens) then, they don't need to wear a mask. They are immune. So that's that.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Jesus Christ! Get the fucking shot. It's not a fucking miracle shot. Do you get a flu shot? I do sometimes. Doesn't mean I won't catch the flu. It's happened to me a few times. But it was a hell of a lot easier going through than those years I caught it and didn't inject myself with trackers. Think of these as updates. Loons. Get the fucking shot. And no, i did not read the ib shit posted above me. Fuck that nut.