Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:46 pm

The irony is that 10ac (and, apparently, eCat) are of the party of people who to a large degree still adamantly refuse to take the vaccine even though it's been proven safe and effective and is recommended by the vast majority of legitimate health care professionals and scientists. But yet somehow Kamala saying she wouldn't take a vaccine solely on the recommendation of certified idiot clown Trump is somehow some kind of "gotcha" message board meme. Interesting. Further irony is that the vast majority of people who now refuse to take the vaccine would rush out to take it immediately if certified idiot clown Trump said to do it. So, who's the fool here? I think we all know...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:53 pm

How is a question a lie? But letting thousands of untested and unvaccinated cross the southern border ….
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:54 pm

I’m vaccinated.
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:43 am

"How is a question a lie?"

When it's a rhetorical question followed up by a link that you felt (wrongly, as it turns out) "proved" the allegation that you were indeed making with your so-called question. And now you flail further down the slippery slope of your own making by asking another insincere question ("how is a question a lie?") when you know very well what's going on here. But I will give you credit for not being on the total QAnon spectrum of Trumpublican supporters (golf clap for that, I guess) and having enough sense to get vaccinated. Certainly given your advanced age and no doubt host of aggravating conditions (obesity, life-long smoker, heavy drinker, pre-diabetic (if not full blown diabetic), high blood pressure, the gout, the artha-ritis, the host of other physical and mental handicaps, oddities and aberrations, etc, etc), that was the wise thing to do. And of course you have a discerning palate when it comes to sardines. So you can't be all bad...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:31 am

A group of Dems from Texas didn't believe in the "science" either...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/18/politics ... index.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:00 am

what you are missing is Kamala's messaging was pre-vaccine.

She is saying that if the president of the United States said the vaccine was safe, effective and readily available, she wouldn't take it because he recommended it.

So when Democrats are pointing to the mass of people who distrust a vaccine, they have their own Vice President, who went on a nationally televised debate tell millions of people , she ain't taking no fucking vaccine that a president says we should take.

And now you have their President telling people to take it.

You can say what you want about Trump, but its about the office, not the person at this point - and the vice president shot herself in the foot. When Biden is saying Facebook is killing thousands, he better look over his shoulder to his V.P.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 am

this is the hard hitting news we've all come to expect from Australia

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:42 am

"She is saying that if the president of the United States said the vaccine was safe, effective and readily available, she wouldn't take it because he recommended it."

No, she was saying she wouldn't take a vaccine that Trump recommended without scientific verification. Neither would any other sane person. Ironically, however, that would mean about 74 million people would be flocking to get it based solely on Trump's recommendation, if he had actually recommended that people get it (like he himself did). So no, it was not about "the president," it was totally and solely about Trump. She was basically saying he's an idiot and that she would never trust anything he said. Smart woman...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am

it was irresponsible and it undermined the vaccine.

you know it

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:39 am

She wasn't Vice President when she said it and it was more irresponsible for Trump to downplay the whole thing as a bug that will go away like IB went away.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:54 am

eCat wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:39 pm I would assume they are still trying to avoid the health care system from being overwhelmed, and in addition , allow a variant to emerge that is vaccine resistant.

I think its very possible that when fall arrives in early October we see a prolonged spike and state officials pressured by the Federal government to go back to a variation of lock down.

I read yesterday that Michigan is in the process of stripping emergency powers from their governor preventing her (or anyone else in Michigan) from being able to issue a lockdown order in the future.
The GOP is attempting to do that here.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:16 am

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am it was irresponsible and it undermined the vaccine.

you know it
I not only totally reject it, I applaud Kamala for what she said. She didn't "undermine the vaccine" at all, she was just pointing out (again, like any sane, rational person already thought and knew) that she wasn't going to solely trust Trump's word on the vaccine, or anything else. Again, smart woman. On the flip side, what do you think is "undermining the vaccine" now? You've just decided that Fauci is evil (or something), never mind that he's spent his entire life studying infectious diseases, but for some reason all the Trumptards don't trust him or the scores of other medical experts and scientists, so we're never going to get rid of covid (like we did with polio, measles, mumps, etc, etc). But yeah, blame it on Kamala.

FWIW, I'm not sure that covid could be eradicated in the same manner as polio, etc., but that's no reason not to take it. So, what do you think is the reason that so many people, mostly Trump supporters, so adamantly refuse to get it? IMO, they somehow think it's a way of "owning the libs." That's great, their deaths are owning the libs. I love it...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am

Thin the herd

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:57 am

I agree. Too many on Medicare as it is.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:06 pm

But Kamala!!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Now I know why eCat fears the vaccine (bottom right red box):

https://www.openvaers.com/covid-data

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Can you get it twice?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:56 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:16 am
eCat wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:24 am it was irresponsible and it undermined the vaccine.

you know it
I not only totally reject it, I applaud Kamala for what she said. She didn't "undermine the vaccine" at all, she was just pointing out (again, like any sane, rational person already thought and knew) that she wasn't going to solely trust Trump's word on the vaccine, or anything else. Again, smart woman. On the flip side, what do you think is "undermining the vaccine" now? You've just decided that Fauci is evil (or something), never mind that he's spent his entire life studying infectious diseases, but for some reason all the Trumptards don't trust him or the scores of other medical experts and scientists, so we're never going to get rid of covid (like we did with polio, measles, mumps, etc, etc). But yeah, blame it on Kamala.

FWIW, I'm not sure that covid could be eradicated in the same manner as polio, etc., but that's no reason not to take it. So, what do you think is the reason that so many people, mostly Trump supporters, so adamantly refuse to get it? IMO, they somehow think it's a way of "owning the libs." That's great, their deaths are owning the libs. I love it...
there is a shitload of people out there that can't get past that the big pharma has immunity from prosecution on the vaccine therefore implying they rushed it and haven't fully tested it, they don't understand why they have to get a vaccine for a virus for any healthy adult under the age of 65 has a .001 mortality rate - especially when there is treatment like hydro , ivermectin and a steroid regimen, and the vaccines have some side effects.

I don't get it - I have been vaccinated, I didn't hesitate to take it, but its not hard to argue that we could have rolled out the vaccines in a more effective manner of public awareness, and Kamala Harris didn't need to say shit about refusing to take a vaccine on national television. You're a moron if you applaud her for planting the seed to a nationwide audience about coming up with your own justification for refusing a vaccine. Your hatred for Trump is clouding common sense.

Now these people are asking, and rightly so, if I got the vaccine, then why do I have to wear a mask again? To protect me from the unvaccinated?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:05 pm

I commend e for keeping up a losing battle.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Yes, the losing battle of trying to explain reasonable things to retarded people.