It's my IB theme song

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Tree » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:33 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 am
Tree wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:26 pm
The paradox is obvious, people want the government to intervene but at the same time wouldn't trust someone like Trump to manage it
Adam Smith wrote that the gubment has to do what needs to be done and no one else can or will do. As we're seeing now that's a lot and it's getting pretty urgent. Most people miss sight of the fact that both parties are highly corrupt and aren't interested in actually fixing what needs fixed. That doesn't mean you run off and start listening to retarded libertarian propaganda that Reagan made famous and say government is the problem so let's just let existentially crippling wealth disparities grow even bigger.
Corrupt? Possible. Political? Entirely.

At the moment tree, our government is PURELY political. And what I mean by that is, our government simply REFUSES to enforce its own immigration laws because the people in charge of enforcement, they just don't like those laws because of their politics. But the people in charge can't make the laws go away because the PEOPLE of the country demand that the laws stay on the books. So the executives in government who were elected to enforce laws they don't like, they just fucking ignore them (both the laws AND the US citizens that want them enforced.) And they appoint people into those enforcement roles and specifically command them to NOT do their jobs.

I don't see anything "libertarian" here tree. All I see, is politics.

If you are angry about crippling wealth disparities, it doesn't help that Jose, Manuel, and Enrique, cannibalize Jamal's and Tyrone's earning power by competing with them for entry level work requiring well formed labor.
While I agree with you on immigration I'm not sure why you went straight to that since it's not a 1st page issue on the list of things that are causing the biggest problems in our country. Also, Jamal and Tyrone? WTF?

The libertarianism comes in with the idiots who think government is by its very nature the real problem and we just need to deregulate everything and downsize govt and markets, who some of these folks worship like a religion, will fix everything. It's a very standard GOP view across the board.
Last edited by Tree on Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:42 pm

IB is a racist. That's why.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:42 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:33 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 am
Tree wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Adam Smith wrote that the gubment has to do what needs to be done and no one else can or will do. As we're seeing now that's a lot and it's getting pretty urgent. Most people miss sight of the fact that both parties are highly corrupt and aren't interested in actually fixing what needs fixed. That doesn't mean you run off and start listening to retarded libertarian propaganda that Reagan made famous and say government is the problem so let's just let existentially crippling wealth disparities grow even bigger.
Corrupt? Possible. Political? Entirely.

At the moment tree, our government is PURELY political. And what I mean by that is, our government simply REFUSES to enforce its own immigration laws because the people in charge of enforcement, they just don't like those laws because of their politics. But the people in charge can't make the laws go away because the PEOPLE of the country demand that the laws stay on the books. So the executives in government who were elected to enforce laws they don't like, they just fucking ignore them (both the laws AND the US citizens that want them enforced.) And they appoint people into those enforcement roles and specifically command them to NOT do their jobs.

I don't see anything "libertarian" here tree. All I see, is politics.

If you are angry about crippling wealth disparities, it doesn't help that Jose, Manuel, and Enrique, cannibalize Jamal's and Tyrone's earning power by competing with them for entry level work requiring well formed labor.
While I agree with you on immigration I'm not sure why you went straight to that since it's not a 1st page issue on the list of things that are causing the biggest problems in our country. Also, Jamal and Tyrone? WTF?
Immigration most certainly and absolutely IS a 1st page issue on the list of things that are causing the biggest problems in our country. US citizens Jamal and Tyrone, they shouldn't have to compete with illegal aliens Jose, Pedro, and Manuel when a building contractor is building out a suburb. They should be able to go down to the construction site, appear with their birth certificate and social security card (or better yet, a passport) and walk right into the office and demand $25 to $30 an hour to start. And what I mean by that is that the men in the office should be so DESPERATE as to be forced to give them what they want. And that should still be the case if both Tyrone and Jamal are convicted felons on parole. They should STILL be able to get work. Labor should always be in the drivers seat for hard, well formed, work (and not just today because we are in a very tight labor market but that will quickly end.)

But that is not our world and it hasn't been our world since the mid 1960s. Labor is screwed tree. They are screwed because democrats claim that there is no such thing as an "illegal immigrant" (only an undocumented worker) and illegal aliens Jose, Pedro, and Manuel are willing to work for $13.75 an hour. And they live in a shack, 8 men to a room. And they send the money (all of it) back to their 3rd world village where no one there, does anything. This does NOT help the US economy and it RUINS the more marginal of US citizens.

And Tyrone and Jamal are fucked because even if they agree to $13.75 an hour (which they wont get) they will fail their drug test. So is it any wonder they would rather sell drugs than build houses? Or work in a warehouse (Amazon pay $15.75 an hour.) Or do anything that is well formed?

If there was NO SUPPLY of criminal labor coming up from the South, then the most marginal US citizen in the most meager of conditions would be in a much stronger bargaining position. That is what I want. I think that is what you want too.
Tree wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:33 pmThe libertarianism comes in with the idiots who think government is by its very nature the real problem and we just need to deregulate everything and downsize govt and markets, who some of these folks worship like a religion, will fix everything. It's a very standard GOP view across the board.
Its not standard GOP across the board. Standard GOP across the board is to have laws (just a few) and damn well enforce ALL OF THEM. But make sure these are needed laws.

Libertarians are just a bunch fucking nerds. That is the problem. They are cowardly nerds. A libertarian would rather try to appear cool and say you can smoke pot and the government has no business telling out children they can't out of FEAR of being "cast out" by liberals if they think that government has any place regulating drugs. They are just cowards and nerds.

Could you even imagine a world without government sanctioned marriage? How do you enforce alimony payments without the government involved with marriage? How do you prevent polygamy and polyamory without government sanctioned marriage? How do you prevent men from marrying 12 year old girls without government laws around marriage?

You can't have a United States of America without laws around marriage. Its impossible. And because divorce laws are all powerful and marriages can be revoked instantly (and we have assholes who will burn in hell from profiting from such divorce laws like DookSucks) the African-American community no longer has marriage. Black men simply have no reason to get married. They've stopped asking. With a 75% bastardy rate among African-Americans, is it any wonder why there is so much inequality out there in the United States?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Told ya

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 pm

Its not standard GOP across the board. Standard GOP across the board is to have laws (just a few) and damn well enforce ALL OF THEM. But make sure these are needed laws.
No actually it isn't, assuming you're talking about DC politicians. And the GOP is every bit as bad on immigration as the DNC. Both cater to corporate first, which makes money on cheap labor.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Mar-A-Lago

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Tree wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:34 pm
No actually it isn't, assuming you're talking about DC politicians. And the GOP is every bit as bad on immigration as the DNC. Both cater to corporate first, which makes money on cheap labor.
GOP <= 2015 yes

GOP >= 2021 no

POTUS Trump changed the whole GOP platform on immigration.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 am

Worked out well for him huh?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:18 am

"GOP <= 2015 yes

GOP >= 2021 no"

You mean GQP. But even then, you'd be wrong. Again...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 am

maybe I am just wary of stuff like this , but this reads like the beginning of a disaster movie

--------------------------

Jeff Bezos may have been beaten to space by rival Richard Branson, but the billionaire American businessman is poised to make history next week aboard what would be the world's first unpiloted suborbital flight with an all-civilian crew.

Bezos, the former CEO of Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), is due to be part of a four-person crew for a planned 11-minute ride to the edge of space on Tuesday inside his company Blue Origin's New Shepard spacecraft, another milestone in the nascent and potentially lucrative space tourism sector.

He is set to be joined by his brother and private equity executive Mark Bezos, trailblazing octogenarian woman aviator Wally Funk and an as-yet-unidentified person who paid $28 million for a spot aboard the spacecraft, scheduled to launch from a West Texas site.

New Shepard is a 60-foot-tall (18.3-meters-tall) and fully autonomous rocket-and-capsule combo that cannot be piloted from inside the spacecraft. The crew is set to include only civilians and none of Blue Origin's employees or staff astronauts, three people familiar with the company's plans told Reuters.

Blue Origin's astronauts include NASA space shuttle veteran Nicholas Patrick.

-----

and then on top of that, the rocket looks like a dildo
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 am

eCat wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 am maybe I am just wary of stuff like this , but this reads like the beginning of a disaster movie

Jeff Bezos may have been beaten to space by rival Richard Branson, but the billionaire American businessman is poised to make history next week aboard what would be the world's first unpiloted suborbital flight with an all-civilian crew.

Bezos, the former CEO of Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), is due to be part of a four-person crew for a planned 11-minute ride to the edge of space on Tuesday inside his company Blue Origin's New Shepard spacecraft, another milestone in the nascent and potentially lucrative space tourism sector.

He is set to be joined by his brother and private equity executive Mark Bezos, trailblazing octogenarian woman aviator Wally Funk and an as-yet-unidentified person who paid $28 million for a spot aboard the spacecraft, scheduled to launch from a West Texas site.

New Shepard is a 60-foot-tall (18.3-meters-tall) and fully autonomous rocket-and-capsule combo that cannot be piloted from inside the spacecraft. The crew is set to include only civilians and none of Blue Origin's employees or staff astronauts, three people familiar with the company's plans told Reuters.

-----

yes there a lot of bad things that could happen here.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:01 am

I hope it Challengers

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:16 pm

I don't want the occupants to die, but if something fell off on re-entry, here's to hoping it hits IB.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 am
eCat wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:02 am maybe I am just wary of stuff like this , but this reads like the beginning of a disaster movie

-----

yes there a lot of bad things that could happen here.
For the love of god, can you just quote the pertinent part of the post that you want to respond to (in this case, "maybe I am just wary of stuff like this, but this reads like the beginning of a disaster movie") and quit reposting fucking novels just so you can add your worthless little quip??

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:47 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:50 pm For the love of god, can you just quote the pertinent part of the post that you want to respond to
ok

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:59 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:18 am You mean GQP. But even then, you'd be wrong. Again...
well hedge,

we teach Critical Race Theory to 4th graders, but not this

is Candice Owens lying or maybe she's just wrong? Again....

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 pm

I'd rather IB not post at all. I hate racists

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Candace Owens is a cunt. If she married Ben Shapiro, it would be a marriage of a pussy and a cunt...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:29 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:05 pm I'd rather IB not post at all. I hate racists
well rat, I love Candice Owens, and she's black, so as far as racism goes YMMV.