The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:03 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:51 pm I think you can blame the Republican party for the idea that attacking the economy is an attack on Liberty but you don't have to look very hard to understand the concern.

Whenever the government gets involved in supporting the economic welfare of the country, it turns into a shitshow of excess.

guaranteed student loans have helped push the price of a college education out of reach for most Americans, fannie mae and freddie mac resulted in backed housing loans that created a housing bubble so large that it collapsed our economy, and medicare/medicaid with no big pharma negotiation and patient "rights" has contributed in large part to the medical industry what guaranteed student loans did to the education sector.

The paradox is obvious, people want the government to intervene but at the same time wouldn't trust someone like Trump to manage it, and they hold on to the short sighted belief that their guy is the answer - and in the unlikely event that their guy isn't a complete grifter, his job is temporary and he'll be replaced by more people who will use the bloated program to enrich themselves and their handlers.

At the end of the day the republicans talk a big game but don't deliver, however their promise is sound.

America thrives in a smaller, less intrusive government. However there is a cost that many people can't seem to grasp. Capitalism has winners and losers. The have nots have decided there should be no Jeff Bezos , Zuckerburg or Gates without understanding they limit themselves along the way.

They'll realize this in some small way when they get hit with a wealth tax on the value of their home and 401K, even though they don't have access to that money.
unfortunately eCat, people are no damn good. I gave up on them a long time ago.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:29 pm

I wish you would give up on yourself

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:26 pm

The paradox is obvious, people want the government to intervene but at the same time wouldn't trust someone like Trump to manage it
Adam Smith wrote that the gubment has to do what needs to be done and no one else can or will do. As we're seeing now that's a lot and it's getting pretty urgent. Most people miss sight of the fact that both parties are highly corrupt and aren't interested in actually fixing what needs fixed. That doesn't mean you run off and start listening to retarded libertarian propaganda that Reagan made famous and say government is the problem so let's just let existentially crippling wealth disparities grow even bigger.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Tree wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:26 pm
The paradox is obvious, people want the government to intervene but at the same time wouldn't trust someone like Trump to manage it
Adam Smith wrote that the gubment has to do what needs to be done and no one else can or will do. As we're seeing now that's a lot and it's getting pretty urgent. Most people miss sight of the fact that both parties are highly corrupt and aren't interested in actually fixing what needs fixed. That doesn't mean you run off and start listening to retarded libertarian propaganda that Reagan made famous and say government is the problem so let's just let existentially crippling wealth disparities grow even bigger.
a corrupt government isn't the solution
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:19 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:59 pm
a corrupt government isn't the solution
Thank you, Detective Sherlock.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 am

Corrupt? Possible. Political? Entirely.

At the moment tree, our government is PURELY political. And what I mean by that is, our government simply REFUSES to enforce its own immigration laws because the people in charge of enforcement, they just don't like those laws because of their politics. But the people in charge can't make the laws go away because the PEOPLE of the country demand that the laws stay on the books. So the executives in government who were elected to enforce laws they don't like, they just fucking ignore them (both the laws AND the US citizens that want them enforced.) And they appoint people into those enforcement roles and specifically command them to NOT do their jobs.

I don't see anything "libertarian" here tree. All I see, is politics.

If you are angry about crippling wealth disparities, it doesn't help that Jose, Manuel, and Enrique, cannibalize Jamal's and Tyrone's earning power by competing with them for entry level work requiring well formed labor.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:39 am

Some repub representative in the Oklahoma state legislature is calling for an audit of the 2020 presidential election. Here's the county map of how the election went in Oklahoma:

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:43 am

I guess he wants to route out that one fraudulent vote for Biden among the hundred or so that were actually cast for him in Oklahoma...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:45 am

"If you are angry about crippling wealth disparities, it doesn't help that Jose, Manuel, and Enrique, cannibalize Jamal's and Tyrone's earning power by competing with them for entry level work requiring well formed labor."

I wish Jamal and Tyrone would cannibalize you...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:20 am

I guess the Whitehouse says if you are a Cuban refugee immigrant, we will send you back...

I’m ok with that. Just apply that o every illegal immigrant.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:50 am

sardis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:20 am I guess the Whitehouse says if you are a Cuban refugee immigrant, we will send you back...

Our cold war with communism ended in 1991. That includes Cuba. We've been in the information age since the Soviet Union declared bankruptcy.

As far as I'm concerned, the only "refugees" from South of our border that should qualify for refugee status, would be anyone from Venezuela. The rest? Meh. Go home. Overthrow your shitball government, install a good one, or beg the United States to "annex you" because you are too incompetent for self-rule.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:52 am

sardis wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:20 am I guess the Whitehouse says if you are a Cuban refugee immigrant, we will send you back...

then you're xenophobic, well, if you are white that is

that's how it works now.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 am

eCat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:52 am

then you're xenophobic, well, if you are white that is

that's how it works now.
how it works now is the xenophobes all wear red hats that say "Make America Great Again." Their skin color is of minor importance if they are wearing the red hat.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:52 am

Yet another racist post from innocentbuttlicker

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:52 am Yet another racist post from innocentbuttlicker
rat, I think maybe even YOU are too incompetent to participate in a government based on self-rule

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:29 am

Prove it. Show me a movie clip.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:35 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:29 am Prove it. Show me a movie clip.
I'm not sure you'll click on it rat, but this one describes your behavior (at least lately)

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:37 pm

DANCE MONKEY!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Is that a command or the name of an actual monkey?