Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 pm

"I'm as serious as a heart attack right now."

Too easy...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:02 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:17 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:09 pm The Flintstones? The fucking Flintstones?!!
I don't know any morbidly obese ditch diggers with an IQ of (say) 93 who with nothing to offer but hard work, have a lifelong marriage to a helpmeet who has given him children and has NOT given him a divorce. That doesn't happen anymore rat. He'll probably never be able to even afford a house but if he did, Wilma will go see DS and take it from him.

The fucking Flintstones.

Instead, lifelong Manhattan "renter" Dr Ross Gellar gets 3 divorces because wife #1 (the mother of his first child) wants to munch carpet, wife #2 (Imported from England) is never happy with anyone, and wife #3 (mother of his second child who's baby name was so popular due to that show it was the number one child name in America for 3 years) got drunk and only cares about fashion.
You're using Friends as a reference? Jesus
Has there been a more influential program on television in the last (say?) 20 years that has had such an overwhelming impact of American culture (certainly white culture) than Friends? Name it.

Friends would make no sense today. Everyone stares at their screens. You don't go to a coffee shop to talk. You go to the coffee shop to sit there and stare at a screen. And even still, do you know how much Netflix had to spend to show all 10 seasons of it (as re-runs) for the short duration that they had the rights? It was supremely expensive and yet incredibly successful. The Millennials (who not only have never been on dates, they don't even know what genders they are) loved it.

And that is sad. That was a very sad show. Very depressing. These are no friends of mine. The alpha male of the group (Dr Ross Gellar) did everything the way he was supposed to and because of 3 divorces he never wanted, his life is in ruins. That is comedy?

It would be better DS, if you took the time to think about the questions I have asked of you and answer them honestly and not like a sanctimonious, disingenuous, asshole. I never said you were dumb. You are very smart. And your opinion is welcome and valid. I just don't think you are man enough to answer my questions.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm

Everybody I know is happy...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Dude lives in lala land.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:51 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:22 pm Everybody I know is happy...
That makes one of us.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:02 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:38 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:17 pm

I don't know any morbidly obese ditch diggers with an IQ of (say) 93 who with nothing to offer but hard work, have a lifelong marriage to a helpmeet who has given him children and has NOT given him a divorce. That doesn't happen anymore rat. He'll probably never be able to even afford a house but if he did, Wilma will go see DS and take it from him.

The fucking Flintstones.

Instead, lifelong Manhattan "renter" Dr Ross Gellar gets 3 divorces because wife #1 (the mother of his first child) wants to munch carpet, wife #2 (Imported from England) is never happy with anyone, and wife #3 (mother of his second child who's baby name was so popular due to that show it was the number one child name in America for 3 years) got drunk and only cares about fashion.
You're using Friends as a reference? Jesus
Has there been a more influential program on television in the last (say?) 20 years that has had such an overwhelming impact of American culture (certainly white culture) than Friends? Name it.

Friends would make no sense today. Everyone stares at their screens. You don't go to a coffee shop to talk. You go to the coffee shop to sit there and stare at a screen. And even still, do you know how much Netflix had to spend to show all 10 seasons of it (as re-runs) for the short duration that they had the rights? It was supremely expensive and yet incredibly successful. The Millennials (who not only have never been on dates, they don't even know what genders they are) loved it.

And that is sad. That was a very sad show. Very depressing. These are no friends of mine. The alpha male of the group (Dr Ross Gellar) did everything the way he was supposed to and because of 3 divorces he never wanted, his life is in ruins. That is comedy?

It would be better DS, if you took the time to think about the questions I have asked of you and answer them honestly and not like a sanctimonious, disingenuous, asshole. I never said you were dumb. You are very smart. And your opinion is welcome and valid. I just don't think you are man enough to answer my questions.
I don’t answer to ignorance. I only mock it.

You and the big-eared, phone-on-his-belt dolt my mother married last year would fit right in together, and that isn’t a compliment.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Friends went off of the air nearly 20 years ago iirc, and I’m sure something has been more influential during said time.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Shameless

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:57 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:23 pm Friends went off of the air nearly 20 years ago iirc, and I’m sure something has been more influential during said time.
If you discount the enormous cult following for Sci-Fi's new and re-imagined Battlestar Galactica and The Walking Dead (two VERY successful shows with incredible writing and acting), there were two more MAINSTREAM programs in the last 20 years that an argument could be made that they were "better" than Friends; The West Wing and (of course) Grey's Anatomy. Problem with both of those programs is that 99% of society can not identify with what it is like to be a model-hot, great looking, medical doctor, with an IQ of 135 (pretty much everyone on that show) NOR can 99% of society empathize on what it must be like to work with a staff full of hateful, sad, assholes, convinced that half of the country want to seem them dead, assholes who think they are all smarter than everyone else on the planet (pretty much everyone on the OTHER show.) Everyone knows what it is like in a Starbucks. We all have a starving actor friend like Joey. We all have a neurotic friend like Monica (maybe not quite as good a cook.) We can identify with those characters. In fact, we identified with them so well, "Emma" (not Izzy, not Jo, not Meredith, not Claudia Jean, not Donna, not Abby, and not Zoey) was the most popular baby name in America for girls for (like) three years because that was Rachael's baby. In that sense, the two "better" shows have not had the cultural influence. In fact, one year after the West Wing went on the air, Dubya beat Gore for the Presidency much to Sorkin's shock. He spent a whole year of brilliant writing and directing trying to convince the whole world that Republicans were all a bunch of racist morons. So, no, not nearly as influential DS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:03 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pm I don’t answer to ignorance. I only mock it.
There is no ignorance here with me. I can carry on a conversation with you in pretty much any field. I do my research before I type.

And you can go on thinking that you are mocking me but all you are doing is proving that you are not man enough to answer simple questions. You think I'm out to trick or trap you. This is not a courtroom counsellor and all you are doing is showing everyone else, fear.
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pmYou and the big-eared, phone-on-his-belt dolt my mother married last year would fit right in together, and that isn’t a compliment.
So I remind you of you step-dad huh and you don't like your step-dad? Well that doesn't surprise me. You do seem pretty short tempered and judgmental. Fortunately (for you), you are 37 years old and you don't have to live with this man. You don't have to love him. You don't even have to like him. Your mother picked him so you are either going to have to accept him or not.

I guarantee you, things will be much smoother for you and your mother if you find a way to learn to live with him.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:03 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pm I don’t answer to ignorance. I only mock it.
There is no ignorance here with me. I can carry on a conversation with you in pretty much any field. I do my research before I type.

And you can go on thinking that you are mocking me but all you are doing is proving that you are not man enough to answer simple questions. You think I'm out to trick or trap you. This is not a courtroom counsellor and all you are doing is showing everyone else, fear.
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:19 pmYou and the big-eared, phone-on-his-belt dolt my mother married last year would fit right in together, and that isn’t a compliment.
So I remind you of you step-dad huh and you don't like your step-dad? Well that doesn't surprise me. You do seem pretty short tempered and judgmental. Fortunately (for you), you are 37 years old and you don't have to live with this man. You don't have to love him. You don't even have to like him. Your mother picked him so you are either going to have to accept him or not.

I guarantee you, things will be much smoother for you and your mother if you find a way to learn to live with him.
I could give two shits less on the best of days and even less now. You are a buffoon.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 pm

I could give two shits less on the best of days and even less now. You are a buffoon.
I think you do care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have mentioned him.

I have to hand it to the guy. Here is a man who married a woman who's adult son is a professional home wreck-(whoops, snaps fingers) I mean, family law attorney. That is balls on his part. Its even more courageous if he knew you don't like him. And I can almost guarantee, he knows you don't like him.

I don't think you care for anyone.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 pm

This can't be real. Ok. Who are you really? Prof? Crotch? Bluecat? Newtimer? Spill it.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:50 am

Wish someone would spill your guts on the highway.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:11 am

C

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:46 am

"We all have a starving actor friend like Joey."

We do??

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:52 am

Binary...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 am

GOP investigation finds no Michigan vote fraud, deems many claims ‘ludicrous’

"Our clear finding is that citizens should be confident the results represent the true results of the ballots cast by the people of Michigan," the report concluded. “The committee strongly recommends citizens use a critical eye and ear toward those who have pushed demonstrably false theories for their own personal gain.”

Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, said those who spread misinformation about the 2020 election for personal gain should be investigated. "The claims have become so ludicrous when compared to the actual facts,” he said.

The report, which was released Wednesday, concludes there is no proof of dead voters or “fractional voting,” no evidence of a fraudulent “ballot dump” in Detroit and no proof any Michigan precincts had more than 100 percent voter turnout. (The report follows Bridge Michigan articles that debunked many of the same allegations months ago.)

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -ludicrous

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:21 am

innocentbystander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:28 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 pm

I think you do care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have mentioned him.

I have to hand it to the guy. Here is a man who married a woman who's adult son is a professional home wreck-(whoops, snaps fingers) I mean, family law attorney. That is balls on his part. Its even more courageous if he knew you don't like him. And I can almost guarantee, he knows you don't like him.

I don't think you care for anyone.
I care for plenty of folks, just not dolts like you.

You are correct. He knows I do not like him, and I have told him as much.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:26 am

hedge wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 am GOP investigation finds no Michigan vote fraud, deems many claims ‘ludicrous’

"Our clear finding is that citizens should be confident the results represent the true results of the ballots cast by the people of Michigan," the report concluded. “The committee strongly recommends citizens use a critical eye and ear toward those who have pushed demonstrably false theories for their own personal gain.”

Sen. Ed McBroom, R-Vulcan, said those who spread misinformation about the 2020 election for personal gain should be investigated. "The claims have become so ludicrous when compared to the actual facts,” he said.

The report, which was released Wednesday, concludes there is no proof of dead voters or “fractional voting,” no evidence of a fraudulent “ballot dump” in Detroit and no proof any Michigan precincts had more than 100 percent voter turnout. (The report follows Bridge Michigan articles that debunked many of the same allegations months ago.)

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... -ludicrous
Won't matter. Those idiots like IB will still believe the con.