Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu May 27, 2021 4:12 pm

these stories never get old to me
------------------

An Atlanta mayoral candidate who voted to defund millions of dollars from the local police department’s budget reportedly had his car stolen by a group of young thieves this week.

City Council Member Antonio Brown had just gotten out of his white Mercedes coupe to speak to fellow community leader Ben Norman in northwest Atlanta’s Dixie Hills community Wednesday when he spotted four or five kids — the youngest only 6 or 7, WAGA-TV reported.

The children were walking around a store — and within seconds were inside Brown’s car, he said.

“One kid was in the driver’s seat,” Brown told the outlet. “Ben attempted to open the door to get him out of the car. He fought with Ben. I then engaged and tried to get him out of the car. The three other kids were trying to figure out how to get in the car or stay out of the car. He started to hit on the gas. Ben let go.”

“As he started to speed up, and I knew that if I had not let go, I knew I probably could have killed myself because he was going so fast, I would have started to tumble,” he added. “And I would have hurt him.”

Brown said he filed a report with the Atlanta Police Department.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 27, 2021 4:20 pm

Why? Should there be a cop on every corner?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 27, 2021 4:21 pm

"We know 100% that the virus didn't have to be a pandemic. The experiences of countries like South Korea and New Zealand prove that. The challenge for the future is taking steps to ensure that we don't repeat the public health catastrophe. The next virus might not come from China. Its origins might not be foreseeable. Maybe some psychopath like Putin decides to unleash an engineered virus to f with the world. It's the spread of the virus that matters, not its origin."

I am always interested in this. What would we do? Politicians act out of self interest. Is it in their self interest to invoke a nationwide lock down? to halt all international travel? Certainly there is zero interest from the left on having our borders under control. As much as everyone likes to blame Trump, I also remember everyone holding Cuomo up as the leader who was capable of handling the pandemic.....how did that turn out?

I think the only reality is you can stockpile supplies in an effort to best guess the next unknown catastrophe but its highly unlikely a nation will ever be prepared for the unforeseen, and a nation in bi partisan gridlock will not move quickly to adapt. Perhaps the best course of action is to let each state ultimately determine how they want to prepare for and handle it. I could easily see a situation where a low population state like South Dakota doesn't allow anyone from outside the state entry, mandatory 21 day quarantines in tent cities and other isolation approaches based on the lessons learned from this pandemic. But New York, Florida, California? They'll just be ravaged, they have neither the will or the ability to limit the social interaction or economic hit for a major catastrophe.

It wasn't Trump that mishandled the pandemic response - it was bi-partisan politics.

New Zealand is remote, South Korea lives in a constant state of preparation from an invasion or attack from North Korea. Their approaches to handling the pandemic was not based on intentional preparation, but their way of life
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu May 27, 2021 6:27 pm

eCat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:05 pm
hedge wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm A buddy of mine used to work for SAS, I think data mining is their bread and butter...
I wanted to work for SAS at one time around 2000, had an interview lined up but I opted to go work for a company in Austin instead and never followed thru
The daughter of the founder of SAS is married to a fraternity brother of mine. Nice girl. Her pop has done pretty well for himself...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 27, 2021 7:25 pm

It wasn't Trump. Um. OK.

Anyway what we can do is replace all the pandemic research facilities that were in place to stop things like this until Trump shut them down. Yeah. Trump had nothing to do with the 500k dead. That's a hoax that will disappear right?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 27, 2021 7:52 pm

Here's some good old spank material for IB.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 27, 2021 10:07 pm

"It wasn't Trump that mishandled the pandemic response - it was bi-partisan politics."

Yeah, the idea of "the buck stops here" certainly died (among many other things) the day Trump was sworn in. The office of the presidency became a joke b/c of Trump...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 27, 2021 10:11 pm

“I don't take responsibility at all"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 28, 2021 8:24 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:25 pm It wasn't Trump. Um. OK.

Anyway what we can do is replace all the pandemic research facilities that were in place to stop things like this until Trump shut them down. Yeah. Trump had nothing to do with the 500k dead. That's a hoax that will disappear right?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -programs/

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri May 28, 2021 8:33 am

hedge wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:07 pm "It wasn't Trump that mishandled the pandemic response - it was bi-partisan politics."

Yeah, the idea of "the buck stops here" certainly died (among many other things) the day Trump was sworn in. The office of the presidency became a joke b/c of Trump...
tell me what Trump could have done to address Cuomo's decision making process? or any Govenors. Was Newsom going to listen to Trump - he now faces a voter recall. What about Whitmer? She just had to publicly apologize for violating her own state's Covid 19 protocols.

Cuomo was given a platform every day on national news to defy Trump and to put in place his decisions

as a result he killed the most vulnerable to the virus with his leadership decisions.

I'm not going to say Trump handled the pandemic better than anyone else, but the reality is no leader was prepared to deal with this, and everyone - and that is without hyperbole, in a leadership position made bad decisions.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 28, 2021 8:42 am

Was Mario calling it a hoax? A democratic ploy? That soon, poof, it will vanish?

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 28, 2021 10:04 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:42 am Was Mario calling it a hoax? A democratic ploy? That soon, poof, it will vanish?
You didn't answer even ONE of eCat's questions. Not surprising, you don't answer my questions either. Instead, you simply counter with questions of your own, questions that were scripted by the DNC. You have TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome. There is no point having any kind of conversation with you about Donald Trump because your mind is in a vapor lock.

Trump "got" to you. That is why you suffer from TDS. You are not capable of rational thought, NOR are you capable of lucid, intelligent conversation with political opponents, and you wont be capable of it until you forgo the TDS.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 28, 2021 10:06 am

Trump got to a lot of people. That's why he lost. They turned out in record numbers to sink his ship. At least Carter and Nixon are off the hook though. There's a new worst President in American history now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 am

And you didn't answer mine either.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 am

Can't we all just get along?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 28, 2021 10:40 am

No. I hate Trumpettes

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 28, 2021 11:12 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 am And you didn't answer mine either.
You don't ask me any questions. You just tell me that you wish I was dead. But I don't see that I should be answering any of your questions since you will not be answering any of mine.

Here is Tom Cotton talking to a recent wannabe Biden appointment about whether or not this appointment will investigate the President's son for weapon's violations.

He didn't answer any questions either. That is the way it is with you people. None of you are accountable for anything.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri May 28, 2021 11:13 am

hedge wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 am Can't we all just get along?
I want to get along. Rat doesn't. He wants me dead. He wishes I would stop breathing. I have never wished him harm. Can't say that about him now can we?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri May 28, 2021 11:34 am

Go make me a sandwich