Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Can't you outsource that shit? Seems like you could get somebody in India to do it for a fraction of that salary...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 2:25 pm

eCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:56 pm current work situation - we have 37 open positions for software architects , all jobs that pay at least $110K a year

and we can't fill them. We just landed another contract where we'll be adding an additional 8 people to that headcount need in a 2 months.
  • on site or remote? if on site, where?
  • php, unix, or.Net? mongo or sql server?
  • MVC OR MVVM and Angular?
  • scrum/agile or waterfall or dev ops?
  • hourly as contractors or salary as Full Time Employee
hedge,

people outsource as much as they can to India. But that doesn't work as much anymore for a variety of reasons, not the least of which the people who are trying to save money by outsourcing are not technical and can't manage from 11 timezones away
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed May 26, 2021 2:29 pm

We are 12 people down from where we should be. But its been that way for years now.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 pm

sardis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:29 pm We are 12 people down from where we should be. But its been that way for years now.
everyone is down with techies. everyone. but this is what happens in the information age when IQ is the only thing that matters and all the managers and directors and vice presidents with all their fantastic academic credentials they earned at Ivy League universities that their parents paid for (or got them criminally like Aunt Becky did for Olivia Jade) still do not give them enough IQ to actually know how to do ANYTHING TECHNICAL and they are bitching and moaning about how they can't find anyone and they run to Washington DC and lobby all our congress critters for more and MORE H1B immigration from India,..... OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 2:59 pm

You keep lowering the bar

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:09 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:59 pm You keep lowering the bar
I didn't go to an Ivy League university. But I DO see those people (many of them not technical) trying to create and invent lots of different development protocols that put more and MORE responsibility on the developers. That is why dev ops is so popular now. But they do it in a way to try and give them information that they don't already have. And all it does is just make the people with high IQ (software developers and architechs) more valuable then they already are.

The way the academic managers get around that is with globalism. They are globalist first, US citizens second. And what they want to do is import HIGH IQ from India via H1B. And have them do everything, be kind of like indentured servants to the company store here in the US, their IQ being fully "exploited" by the Ivy Leaguers for bottom possible dollar. That is why there are so many bullshit staffing companies out there, trying to drag in as many Indians as Washington will allow them. These people who work sales at these companies, they are just whores really, but they know they aren't technical. They just want the staffing commission.

That is what is happening now. That is policy in Washington even if Nancy Pelosi and AOC lack the intelligence themselves to fully describe it. They are just ordered to vote for it.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 pm

SILENCE!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 pm

We outsource and do hire contractors. I'm on a weekly contractor call trying to find people.

But these are customer facing jobs where you're likely to be onsite with the customer several weeks a year.

The jobs are mostly east of Texas, our architects mostly work out of their homes or one of the offices we have around the United States and work with the customers. They need to be familiar with our software.

I am starting a training program in a few weeks for 21 guys right out of college to train them on our software which is focused on the manufacturing domain - cad, plm, simulation, low code solution, cloud

We're paying them $74K to start, not knowing anything and training them on our dime.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:14 pm

eCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:11 pm We outsource and do hire contractors. I'm on a weekly contractor call trying to find people.

But these are customer facing jobs where you're likely to be onsite with the customer several weeks a year.
Web development?

ETL development?

Console apps?

Win Forms?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm

see above
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm

I now know why IT is such an ignorant dipshit who is so sure of himself and his asinine views and conspiracy theories...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm

eCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pmsee above
East Texas? $74,000 for a 22 year old college hire who may not have even touched business language technologies in Houston, Texarkana (and especially Nacogdoches) is pretty good. Very nice eCat. I hope the kids "stick around" and not "bolt" the minute they can increase their salary by $10K on the open market.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm I now know why IT is such an ignorant dipshit who is so sure of himself and his asinine views and conspiracy theories...
No conspiracy theory here counsellor. You are FUCKED without IT people sir. You went to law school. Write me a SQL Server table that tracks client billing at your firm. Go. I can do that in 5 minutes. It would take you months. That is why people LIKE YOU run to Washington DC, hat in hand like a beggar, to lobby dumb broad congresswomen (like AOC and Pelosi) to BEG THEM to import more of India because you are fucked. :)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:22 pm

"I didn't go to an Ivy League university."

You don't say...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 5:16 pm

I'm wondering if he really wven made it through high school

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Wed May 26, 2021 5:17 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm I now know why IT is such an ignorant dipshit who is so sure of himself and his asinine views and conspiracy theories...
No conspiracy theory here counsellor. You are FUCKED without IT people sir. You went to law school. Write me a SQL Server table that tracks client billing at your firm. Go. I can do that in 5 minutes. It would take you months. That is why people LIKE YOU run to Washington DC, hat in hand like a beggar, to lobby dumb broad congresswomen (like AOC and Pelosi) to BEG THEM to import more of India because you are fucked. :)
I’m the idiot, yet your job is the one that is easily outsourced...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 5:20 pm

Must be a heck of a job to be able to quote Trump on a message board all day and night.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 5:21 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:17 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm
I’m the idiot, yet your job is the one that is easily outsourced...
You are not an idiot. But your job might be replaced by digitization and automation, depending on what type of law you practice.

www.Legalzoom.com

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:39 pm

I'll defer to the civil engineers and the industrial engineers on this site, but how does a 12 story "tower" on the Florida coast collapse like that if there are steel girders supporting each floor? When the Twin Towers came down, it was ONLY because the heat of the burning jet fuel was so fucking hot that it actually bent/warped the steel in the girders of the buildings. When that happened, the steel was no longer weight bearing. At that exact instant (where the steel could bear no weight) the building collapsed. There was no fire here in Florida. I don't understand how the building can collapse like that unless there were no steel girders. Can you actually build a 12 story tower with nothing other than cement and rebar?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:39 pm Can you actually build a 12 story tower with nothing other than cement and rebar?
Yes. The first one was built in 1903.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingalls_Building
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.