The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: La Salle Explorers

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 11:57 am

hedge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:53 am Why do you travel constantly? Other than the fact that your wife and kids hate you I mean...
We all like to travel for leisure. Its fun. And free.

You didn't answer my question (again.) How much do you travel?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Also, I would think that such a constant traveler as yourself would be on any car rental place's elite platinum status. Hard to believe that you have been fucked by Hertz (and I bet it hurtz - get it? "Hurtz"? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Ahem...) so many times and yet a lowly twice a year guy like me has never been denied. I got a real nice 2021 Ford Expedition just a couple months ago in Denver, fully loaded. They actually asked me if I wanted the 2021 Yukon instead, but since the MIF has an older model Yukon already, I selected the Expedition instead. Did you hear me, boy?? I said "selected." I was given a choice, a selection. You were shown the fucking door, Mr. Elite World Traveler. MANY times (by your own admission). Nothing has made me happier than you admitting that you've been fucked over and over again by the rental companies (and everyone else) and that your travel plans have been ruined and fucked, again and again, and yet you continue to take it. You have made my day...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 12:02 pm

Why is IB correcting everyone?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 12:04 pm

I always rented a green jeep when I went to Denver. I loved fucking with the Mexicans on our sites.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 12:09 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:00 pm Also, I would think that such a constant traveler as yourself would be on any car rental place's elite platinum status. Hard to believe that you have been fucked by Hertz (and I bet it hurtz - get it? "Hurtz"? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Ahem...) so many times and yet a lowly twice a year guy like me has never been denied. I got a real nice 2021 Ford Expedition just a couple months ago in Denver, fully loaded. They actually asked me if I wanted the 2021 Yukon instead, but since the MIF has an older model Yukon already, I selected the Expedition instead. Did you hear me, boy?? I said "selected." I was given a choice, a selection. You were shown the fucking door, Mr. Elite World Traveler. MANY times (by your own admission). Nothing has made me happier than you admitting that you've been fucked over and over again by the rental companies (and everyone else) and that your travel plans have been ruined and fucked, again and again, and yet you continue to take it. You have made my day...
Happy I could make your day.

Well, in the past, if they didn't have a car (and that has happened more with "Fox Rent-a-Car" than with others) then I would just shrug my shoulders and call an Uber. Then I would pick up an Enterprise Rent-a-car at an "off airport" location. They generally always had cars "off" airport.

HAD being the operative word.

That is not what is happening now. Now even the random, smallish, "off airport" Enterprise locations have no cars.

Look, I like you hedge. I know you hate me for whatever reason, but I like you. So I don't want you to get stranded at an airport with no options when the rental cars that you reserved aren't there. I don't want that to happen to anyone here. So we use this portal to help each other and keep each other informed on travel issues. Rental cars (today) that is a big issue.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm

Would you please stop making my eyes bleed with your ridiculous posts?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 pm Would you please stop making my eyes bleed with your ridiculous posts?
We had a deal. Silent treatment. We don't talk to each other, you agreed to that. I honored that. Are you going back on the deal?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 12:42 pm

I didn't agree to shit but I do hope your fingers get chopped off in a horrific accident. You are about the most moronic idiot I have come across here. And there have been many.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:42 pm I didn't agree to shit but I do hope your fingers get chopped off in a horrific accident. You are about the most moronic idiot I have come across here. And there have been many.
There aren't any idiots posting here at the moment.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 2:06 pm

"That is not what is happening now. Now even the random, smallish, "off airport" Enterprise locations have no cars."

That's funny, I was offered to select which $70K SUV I wanted at the Denver airport not more than 2 months ago. Red carpet treatment. Didn't even have a reservation. I guess they know who's big time and who's not...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed May 26, 2021 2:26 pm

So, I just now returned from the car dealer for my oil change. The new car showroom and lot was empty except for a few fleet trucks. I asked if they were moving the dealership to another location and they said, no, we're not getting cars from the manufacturer. They only had used cars to sell. That was a weird sight.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed May 26, 2021 3:35 pm

The local dealers are calling folks who purchased cars within the last year and offering to buy the vehicles back at the amount paid for the vehicle new. Dealers are that desperate for vehicles.

It will be a year or so before this gets corrected, and in two years, you will be able to find some deals because manufacturers will have overcorrected and flood the market.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:38 pm

sardis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:26 pm So, I just now returned from the car dealer for my oil change. The new car showroom and lot was empty except for a few fleet trucks. I asked if they were moving the dealership to another location and they said, no, we're not getting cars from the manufacturer. They only had used cars to sell. That was a weird sight.
Yes. Its weird.

no semi-conductors means no cars. This is what happens you liberal globalists when you rely on Communist China because you are too cheap to pay union wages to manufacture small things in the United States.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Spoken like a true Marxist...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 4:29 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:21 pm Spoken like a true Marxist...
25 years ago, I didn't give a damn that our manufacturing base was being exported to China. I didn't care because it didn't affect me. I didn't care because I just assumed (incorrectly) that all the people who work in manufacturing in the United States could be trained to do other things. That is what both political parties told me back then.

I was wrong.

I was wrong because I failed to appreciate the fact that I was born lucky because I was born smart. In the information age, he who has the most cognitive ability, they make the most money. They are the thinkers and the problem solvers. And because I could do those things I assumed (incorrectly) that all people could do them.

No. No they can't. Some people work in manufacturing because they need well-formed, mundane, work. Its that or nothing. Anyone can work hard. Only smart people can work smart. You can't teach IQ.

And because I care about US citizens more than I care about citizens of other countries, I realize (now) that I was very wrong (then.) I guess you don't give a damn if the US citizen born unlucky (with the 92 IQ) lives or dies because they can't find (and keep) steady employment. Those 37 jobs that eCat has east of Texas, you pretty much have to have an IQ of 110 or above to work them.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 pm

So. You make minimum wage?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 pm So. You make minimum wage?
More than 3 decades ago, I did. I'm old.

I look at all the abandoned factories and manufacturing plants in the blighted, rust belt cities (like Youngstown), plants that could be making semi-conductors, jobs for the locals who weren't able to escape the white ghetto (for whatever reason) and I frown. It makes me sad. I feel bad for these people. Their jobs are in China. And what do they do because they can't punch a clock and they can't leave Youngstown? They go on opioids and meth. They go on disability and welfare. They never marry. They sire bastards. They die of despair. So, yeah, I think its a big deal.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed May 26, 2021 5:37 pm

There are both liberal and conservative globalists. The small number elite globalists in control know they have to get the Sanders left and the Trumpian right to fight with each other even though they agree on the issue of trade protection. They gin up so much hate for each other that they won't come together on worker protection.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 5:42 pm

sardis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:37 pm There are both liberal and conservative globalists. The small number elite globalists in control know they have to get the Sanders left and the Trumpian right to fight with each other even though they agree on the issue of trade protection. They gin up so much hate for each other that they won't come together on worker protection.
About 25% of Bernie Sanders supporters voted for Donald Trump in 2016. I assume that percentage increased beyond 25% in 2020. Trump got way more votes. And why? Because Trump didn't give a shit about the tax rates going UP for wealthy people. He signed a bill that reduced the SALT deduction from INFINATE to $10,000. That was purely a tax increase on rich people in blue states that he couldn't win.

Obviously, any Bernie Sanders supporters who did not vote for Trump in 2016 or 2020, they cast their ballots for Hillary and Joe based solely on feminism and abortion rights. So for them, a hysterical woman having the right to murder her unborn was more important than worker protections.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Good lord