The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 11:24 am

DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:13 am So, conservatives are all about self regulation, personal responsibility, no government interference, private enterprise being supreme, etc until the private entity acts within its rights to ban speech said entity does not feel appropriate
That is not what I said DS and you know it.

I said that if a private entity that you use for speech (one that you didn't even pay to use, I might add) chooses to simply remove your speech from their portal (perhaps because the forum administrator reading what you wrote is a vestal-virgin-millenial fainting at such abusive comments that they didn't think they would ever have to read, anywhere, especially in their "safe space"), then so be it. But maybe it is time to find ANOTHER portal where that wont happen? That is why conservatives who are all about self regulation, personal responsibility, no government interference, private enterprise being supreme are leaving Facebook and Twitter and going to Parler. I don't blame them. But Parler needs to NOT go cheap and NOT use AWS for their portal hosting. They need to host their IP themselves so that Bezos can't simply "turn them off" because of the politics of Parler.

Facebook is only worth a couple hundred billion dollars because so many use it. Networking effects. The people stop using it (or in my case, I never used it) then its value starts to decline. If Bezos and Zuckerberg want to empower their millenials to remove speech based on nothing other than politics, that's fine with me. But the overall collective value of those portals declines the less they are used. So it just hurts them in the wallet the more they regulate themselves.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 11:46 am

I wonder if Jeff Bezos ever gets to the rental car place only to discover that they don't have a car for him?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am

"Thank God for Ronald Reagan's presidency."

This cracked me up.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 12:00 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:46 am I wonder if Jeff Bezos ever gets to the rental car place only to discover that they don't have a car for him?
You can still reserve a 17 passenger extended-Hummer Limo for $1000/day. They will even pick you up at the airport. Billionaires do not have this problem.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed May 26, 2021 12:46 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:13 am So, conservatives are all about self regulation, personal responsibility, no government interference, private enterprise being supreme, etc until the private entity acts within its rights to ban speech said entity does not feel appropriate?
If they have special protection under section 230 you do.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed May 26, 2021 12:54 pm

is DS and Hedge arguing for the right of an Iranian Ayatollah to use a social media platform headquartered out of silicon valley to incite violence against innocent people?

that's what is sounds like to me
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 pm

No, you don't censor anything. This is why you don't. The Wuhan lab theory about where covid originated is currently squashed by social media because they are following "consensus". This article by a liberal journalist shows us why that is detrimental and that "consensus" is not really "consensus"

https://www.slowboring.com/p/the-medias-lab-leak-fiasco

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 2:16 pm

eCat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:54 pm is DS and Hedge arguing for the right of an Iranian Ayatollah to use a social media platform headquartered out of silicon valley to incite violence against innocent people?

that's what is sounds like to me
It looked like somebody was quoting somebody else from 1991 to me. Actually, I'm kinda surprised that was allowed, esp. if Rat can't even post a pic of Pete Rose jacking off. Was it taken down?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 2:28 pm

He wasn't jacking off. Just grabbing.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 2:37 pm

sardis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 pm No, you don't censor anything. This is why you don't. The Wuhan lab theory about where covid originated is currently squashed by social media because they are following "consensus". This article by a liberal journalist shows us why that is detrimental and that "consensus" is not really "consensus"

https://www.slowboring.com/p/the-medias-lab-leak-fiasco
I think what we have to ask ourselves is this, is social media "the news" and "the free press?" Is facebook news? Do you get your news from your connections on social media? Are your friends who put things on facebook or twitter publishers, reporters, and/or editors? And if so, should you be paying for that? If you are not paying for it (and you aren't), then whoever is hosting the site has the authority to remove whatever they want. That is what happens NOW. They can remove it. And sometimes (like the situation with the Wuhan lab in China "theory") if a 27 year old vestal-virgin-millenial-administrator that is too "woke" to tolerate the "RACISM" that someone is inflicting by insinuating that Communist China is working to murder the world via a bio-weapon, they will unknowingly (or even knowingly) delete a FACT.

But, what can you do about that sardis? You didn't pay for that information and the admin at facebook is all powerful.

Well, you go to another platform like Parler. That is what Tom Cotton needed to do. They don't delete that there and let facebook wither and fail.

The Winklevii (Winklevoss twins) are working on a "blockchain" version of Social Media where anyone can open any "portal" into the blockchain from anywhere, but no one, NO ONE (with the exception of the person who CREATED IT) has any 'authority' to REMOVE anything from the said blockchain. Now if that happens, say goodbye to all your existing social media portals. I think the Winklevii are doing this specifically to hurt facebook because they have not forgiven Mark Zuckerberg for fucking them both in the ass back in 2002 by saying he would help with HarvardConnection.com but secretly launching thefacebook.com instead.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 2:49 pm

Congrats. You proved me wrong. You are even dumber that first thought.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:49 pm Congrats. You proved me wrong. You are even dumber that first thought.
how dumb was your first thought? you are smart enough to even have a thought? :)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 3:51 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 pm

"He wasn't jacking off."

You don't know that..

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm

"I think the Winklevii are doing this specifically to hurt facebook because they have not forgiven Mark Zuckerberg for fucking them both in the ass back in 2002 by saying he would help with HarvardConnection.com but secretly launching thefacebook.com instead."

Zuckerberg is going to be one of the richest people on the planet for the rest of his life irregardless of anything the Winklevii do. He's not only going to get the last laugh, he's already gotten it...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 26, 2021 4:03 pm

hedge wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm "I think the Winklevii are doing this specifically to hurt facebook because they have not forgiven Mark Zuckerberg for fucking them both in the ass back in 2002 by saying he would help with HarvardConnection.com but secretly launching thefacebook.com instead."

Zuckerberg is going to be one of the richest people on the planet for the rest of his life irregardless of anything the Winklevii do. He's not only going to get the last laugh, he's already gotten it...
no argument. you are correct sir.

But the Winklevii only got $65,000,000 from their lawsuit vs Zuckerberg. He's worth (what?) $65,000,000,000? $65,000,000 does not hurt Zuckerberg. The Winklevii want to hurt him.

This is billionaires going after billionaires. You and I just stand back and watch. And learn.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 4:25 pm

I've learned a lot from watching you...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 26, 2021 5:18 pm

LSD is a helluva drug

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Thu May 27, 2021 7:22 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu May 27, 2021 10:19 am

sardis wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:22 am This is why you don't ban speech.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/faceb ... d=77931433
I don't think that there is ANYONE here who trusts ANYTHING that ANYONE says about the origins of Covid-19. I'll say this much: I believe it originated in Communist China. I believe that. I believe that is the origination of the majority of the dreadful infectious diseases. If that makes me bigoted against Chinese culture, so be it. But I don't trust anyone that says it originated in Wuhan. I don't trust anyone that says it originated in a Wuhan wet market. I don't trust anyone who says it originated in a lab in China. And I don't trust anyone who says it originated in a lab in Wuhan and it got out of the lab because of terrible containment and lab policies. And I especially do not trust anyone who says it was designed to be a bio weapon intentionally released upon the earth to inflict death upon US citizens.

I don't trust anyone. I don't know what to believe beyond believing that it came from China.

I think its good that Zuckerberg is telling his admin minions to stop deleting posts and references to the Wuhan lab theory. They should not have done that to begin with but its his company. Facebook pays for all the servers and database storage space to store all the pictures and what-not (and you don't have to pay to be a member of facebook) so I guess I don't really care. I am not a facebook user.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Thu May 27, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.