hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

"Its just words."

Words defeated somebody in here but I can't remember who...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am
Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am Dude. We tuned him out years ago. He's just a cute chubby home boy with a lot of cousins with connections
I just can't imagine how shitty a person's life must be to be so obsessed with someone they never met (and will never meet) just because the words typed by the person who you will never meet, annoys you. Its just words. He's supposed to be an attorney. He has good insight to add to the Goat Pen but everything becomes political with the boy. And that ruins it. He is so immature.

His connections? I guess they are the ones who got him his big law job and gave him his life. His immaturity, I can't imagine he was able to succeed on his own merit. There is just too much hurt and sorry there. I feel sorry for him.
Attorneys and Doctors are assholes. Never wrong. Once you understand that they are more fun to play with. Don't take it so personal. Have fun with it. I do. Man up.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 am
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am
Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am Dude. We tuned him out years ago. He's just a cute chubby home boy with a lot of cousins with connections
I just can't imagine how shitty a person's life must be to be so obsessed with someone they never met (and will never meet) just because the words typed by the person who you will never meet, annoys you. Its just words. He's supposed to be an attorney. He has good insight to add to the Goat Pen but everything becomes political with the boy. And that ruins it. He is so immature.

His connections? I guess they are the ones who got him his big law job and gave him his life. His immaturity, I can't imagine he was able to succeed on his own merit. There is just too much hurt and sorry there. I feel sorry for him.
Attorneys and Doctors are assholes. Never wrong. Once you understand that they are more fun to play with. Don't take it so personal. Have fun with it. I do. Man up.
Will do rat, will do.

Manning up. :)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm

not a big Rubio guy but this was good

--------------------

Last week, Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred folded under the pressure of outright lies from President Joe Biden and the establishment media regarding the new voting laws in Georgia. As a result, he decided that the MLB would move both the 2021 All-Star Game and the 2021 MLB Draft out of Atlanta.

Unfortunately for Manfred, this decision is incredibly hypocritical. Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida wrote a letter to Manfred on Monday in which the senator identified some of the contradictory positions that Manfred holds.

“I write to ask you whether you intend to maintain your membership at Augusta National Golf Club,” Rubio said. “As you are well aware, the exclusive members-only club is located in the State of Georgia.”

Augusta National Golf Club, located in Augusta, Georgia, is one of the most famous and exclusive golf courses in the world. It annually hosts The Masters Tournament, one of the four major golf championships, which will take place this week.

Since it is an invite-only private club, Augusta National represents one of the most coveted memberships in the sport of golf. However, if Manfred is going to live up to the standard that he himself created, he will need to give up this highly prestigious membership.

“Last week, you ‘decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year’s All-Star Game’ from Atlanta because of Georgia’s revised election law,” Rubio wrote in the letter.

“It is a decision that will have a bigger impact on countless small and minority owned businesses in and around Atlanta, than the new election law ever will. And one that reeks of hypocrisy.”

Rubio pointed out that Manfred’s membership at Augusta National is not the only hypocritical position the commissioner holds.

He allows the MLB to do business with countries who do not hold elections at all, which is much less democratic than requiring an ID at a polling place.

“Will Major League Baseball now end its engagement with nations that do not hold elections at all like China and Cuba?” Rubio asked.

“Will you end your lucrative financial relationship with Tencent, a company with deep ties to the Communist Party and actively helps the Chinese Government hunt down and silence political dissidents?”

Like many others, Rubio suspected that he already knew Manfred’s answers to these questions. While Manfred is happy to virtue-signal to the woke left by moving the All-Star Game, Rubio felt he would be much less likely to take stands against injustices if they hurt his wallet.

“I am, of course, under no expectation any of this will happen,” Rubio said.

“Taking the All-Star game out of Georgia is an easy way to signal virtues without significant financial fallout. But speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party would involve a significant loss of revenue and being closed out of a lucrative market.”

Even in its everyday transactions, the MLB contradicts its stance that requiring an ID to vote is somehow racist. According to Fox News, the MLB requires that fans present a photo ID in order to pick up tickets at will call.

Is the MLB actively discriminating against minorities at the entrances to their ballparks, or is Rob Manfred a cowardly liar? The answer is clear to Rubio.

Additionally, the MLB’s choice to host the All-Star Game in a state that has stricter voting laws than those passed in Georgia further adds to Manfred’s hypocritical choices.

“Critics are scratching their heads over Major League Baseball’s decision to yank its All-Star Game from Georgia and move it to Colorado — where voting laws are actually more restrictive than those in the Peach State which prompted the boycott,” the New York Post reported.

The Post added that in Colorado, a photo ID is required for in-person and first-time absentee voters, and campaign operatives cannot provide food or drinks to potential voters at polling places.

These requirements are very similar to two of the supposedly offensive and suppressive provisions in the new Georgia bill, but Manfred seems to have ignored that fact.

By politicizing America’s pastime, Manfred has exposed himself for the raging hypocrite he is and alienated half of the country. That’s a bold strategy for a league the requires fan participation in order to stay afloat.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Nearly half of new coronavirus infections nationwide are in just five states — a situation that is putting pressure on the federal government to consider changing how it distributes vaccines by sending more doses to hot spots.

New York, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey together reported 44% of the nation’s new COVID-19 infections, or nearly 197,500 new cases, in the latest available seven-day period, according to state health agency data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Total U.S. infections during the same week numbered more than 452,000.

The heavy concentration of new cases in states that account for 22% of the U.S. population has prompted some experts and elected officials to call for President Joe Biden’s administration to ship additional vaccine doses to those places. So far, the White House has shown no signs of shifting from its policy of dividing vaccine doses among states based on population.

Sending extra doses to places where infection numbers are climbing makes sense, said Dr. Elvin H. Geng, a professor in infectious diseases at Washington University. But it’s also complicated. States that are more successfully controlling the virus might see less vaccine as a result.

“You wouldn’t want to make those folks wait because they were doing better,” Geng said. “On the other hand, it only makes sense to send vaccines to where the cases are rising.”

The spike in cases has been especially pronounced in Michigan, where the seven-day average of daily new infections reached 6,719 cases Sunday — more than double what it was two weeks earlier. Only New York reported higher case numbers. And California and Texas, which have vastly larger populations than Michigan, are reporting less than half its number of daily infections.

Though Michigan has seen the highest rate of new infections in the past two weeks, Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has said she does not plan to tighten restrictions. She has blamed the virus surge on pandemic fatigue, which has people moving about more, as well as more contagious variants.

because if she does, people show up with guns in her front yard
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:01 pm

The definition of cancel culture...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:18 pm

I was wondering why we weren't getting any national news coverage of George Floyd's "murder." It appears, we only get national news coverage if the media actually thinks the SJW crowd has a chance at winning the case.

https://anncoulter.com/2021/04/07/minne ... evidencex/
Week One was chock-a-block with weeping bystanders wailing about how they felt watching Chauvin restrain Floyd. This would be tremendous evidence if the charge against Officer Chauvin were “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” But that’s not the charge. That’s not even a crime.

One especially distraught witness, Charles McMillian, an elderly black man, testified to seeing “foam” coming out of Floyd’s mouth.

QUIZ: Is foam coming out of the mouth a sign of:

a) a head wound?

b) strangulation?

c) a drug overdose?

ANSWER: c) a drug overdose.

Apart from that crucial fact, McMillian’s evidence only pertained to “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” Which, again, is not a crime.
oooops
On Tuesday, Lt. Johnny Mercil, the MDP’s use-of-force trainer, and Officer Nicole Mackenzie, the MPD’s medical support coordinator, testified that it would be appropriate not to provide care to a suspect who had just been fighting with officers, or in the presence of a hostile crowd.

Chauvin had both those circumstances.

Trying to do damage control, the prosecutor asked Officer Mackenzie to define a “hostile” crowd. She said, “a growing contingent of people around, if they’re yelling, being even verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Hey — remember those weeping bystanders last week? Their own testimony confirmed that they were “yelling and even being verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Donald Williams, for example, the bouncer and MMA hobbyist, admitted to continuously berating the officers — all of which is on tape — calling Chauvin a “fucking bum,” “bitch” and “a fucking pussy ass bitch.” In one of the tapes, Williams threatens Officer Tou Thao, saying, “I swear I’ll slap the fuck out of both of you!”

And of course, there was the lovely Genevieve screeching, “I have your name tag, bitch!”

Now you know why prime-time cable suddenly went back to covering COVID vaccination schedules this week.
The defense hasn't even started its case yet. All these witnesses were for the prosecution. I'm sorry, why did the city cut the baby momma of George Floyd's children that multi million dollar check?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm

Because they murdered him

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 pm Because they murdered him
Lets see what the jury says

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 pm

someone mentioned today

if you are a cop, and you have to keep a suspect detained but also be able to face potential hostiles in a crowd surrounding you, what do you do? I would think you're going to want to keep your hands free to grab your weapon.

I don't have any faith that a jury will find Chauvin innocent because they know as well as anyone that they will be targeted if they don't find him guilty and their city will burn yet again.

One telling sign is the man who was in the car with Chauvin, and believed to have sold him the drugs (after his girlfiriend testified that they both struggled with opioid addiction and his friend was the guy who sold Chauvin drugs) will be invoking the fifth because there is a real possibility that he'll be charged with 3rd degree murder based on his testimony should he admit drug use by Floyd under oath.

They are going to ask him about Floyd sleeping in the car due to his current state which is all the leeway the attorney is suggesting he will give to support the case. The odd thing is the prosecution wants to call him.

I would think it would be a disaster to put Floyd's drug dealer on the stand and have to dance around he just sold Floyd a lethal amount of drugs and saw Floyd consume them in an effort to avoid arrest.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:46 pm

They killed him. What can't you see?

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 pm

The telling sign is that Chauvin didn't follow his training, continued to kneel on the neck of a man who was begging for his life and ignored the pleas of bystanders that he was killing the guy.

Fuck that guy. Kill him and his whole family. which is how I would handle all violent offenders. You walk into a school and kill 30 people? 30 of your family members will be tortured and killed. Next!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:21 pm someone mentioned today

if you are a cop, and you have to keep a suspect detained but also be able to face potential hostiles in a crowd surrounding you, what do you do? I would think you're going to want to keep your hands free to grab your weapon.

I don't have any faith that a jury will find Chauvin innocent because they know as well as anyone that they will be targeted if they don't find him guilty and their city will burn yet again.

We'll see. I don't think the members of the jury are all that concerned about that. The names of the members of the jury are supposed to be anonymous so, they shouldn't have to worry about retribution from "the community" (and I use that term, very loosely) if they find a man who is NOT guilty, "not guilty." They are supposed to take their civic duty responsibly and if they think the cop killed him (and that would have to be by a hell of a lot more than a preponderance of evidence), then I could see a guilty verdict. But if even half of what Ann Coulter said today is true (and I have no reason to think that it isn't) then this looks awfully like an acquittal to me. So....

...if you are right about the animals going out to burn their own community, the law abiding people of Minneapolis better go buy a gun and keep 911 on speed dial.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:33 pm

I don't know, the prosecution seems to be putting alot of effort into trying to marginalize Floyds drug use, to the extent to say he had a high tolerance to the drugs he ingested.

His girlfriend said he was clean and just started using again 2 weeks before the arrest, which the defense pointed out is a common issue with addicts overdosing.

I think its interesting to note what the jury is hearing versus what the public at large is hearing.

OJ slit the throat of 2 people and walked.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:35 pm

I wouldn't put too much stock into what Ann Coulter says when it comes to this sort of thing.

She is good at reading the pulse of heartland America, not so much in urban settings, however I will say I'm reading more than a few people saying the prosecution isn't making this the slam dunk most thought they would.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Lock the bastard up. Next.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:22 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:18 pm I was wondering why we weren't getting any national news coverage of George Floyd's "murder." It appears, we only get national news coverage if the media actually thinks the SJW crowd has a chance at winning the case.

https://anncoulter.com/2021/04/07/minne ... evidencex/
Week One was chock-a-block with weeping bystanders wailing about how they felt watching Chauvin restrain Floyd. This would be tremendous evidence if the charge against Officer Chauvin were “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” But that’s not the charge. That’s not even a crime.

One especially distraught witness, Charles McMillian, an elderly black man, testified to seeing “foam” coming out of Floyd’s mouth.

QUIZ: Is foam coming out of the mouth a sign of:

a) a head wound?

b) strangulation?

c) a drug overdose?

ANSWER: c) a drug overdose.

Apart from that crucial fact, McMillian’s evidence only pertained to “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” Which, again, is not a crime.
oooops
On Tuesday, Lt. Johnny Mercil, the MDP’s use-of-force trainer, and Officer Nicole Mackenzie, the MPD’s medical support coordinator, testified that it would be appropriate not to provide care to a suspect who had just been fighting with officers, or in the presence of a hostile crowd.

Chauvin had both those circumstances.

Trying to do damage control, the prosecutor asked Officer Mackenzie to define a “hostile” crowd. She said, “a growing contingent of people around, if they’re yelling, being even verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Hey — remember those weeping bystanders last week? Their own testimony confirmed that they were “yelling and even being verbally abusive to those trying to provide scene security.”

Donald Williams, for example, the bouncer and MMA hobbyist, admitted to continuously berating the officers — all of which is on tape — calling Chauvin a “fucking bum,” “bitch” and “a fucking pussy ass bitch.” In one of the tapes, Williams threatens Officer Tou Thao, saying, “I swear I’ll slap the fuck out of both of you!”

And of course, there was the lovely Genevieve screeching, “I have your name tag, bitch!”

Now you know why prime-time cable suddenly went back to covering COVID vaccination schedules this week.
The defense hasn't even started its case yet. All these witnesses were for the prosecution. I'm sorry, why did the city cut the baby momma of George Floyd's children that multi million dollar check?
You and that troll Coulter are both fucking idiots.

Asphyxiation causes foaming, and those officers deserved to be berated.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 pm

Overdose. Heh. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:36 am

eCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:35 pm I wouldn't put too much stock into what Ann Coulter says when it comes to this sort of thing.

She is good at reading the pulse of heartland America, not so much in urban settings, however I will say I'm reading more than a few people saying the prosecution isn't making this the slam dunk most thought they would.
Its not just Ann.

The part about the defense wanting to recall a witness that testified for the prosecution because the testimony given is so damning for the state's case against Chauvin, well, yeah this isn't going very well.

Maybe they will convict? I don't know. I just don't think its likely at this point.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:46 pm Overdose. Heh. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
I am not a lawyer. I don't know how any of this works rat. But I can tell you after listening to THIS witness for the prosecution, I am damn sure that this is NOT the way it works.

Its usually a pretty good idea for the prosecution not to put a witness on the stand that is high.