Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:43 am

eCat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:09 am I have no idea whether the virus was created in a lab.

There are very credible sources within our government that say it has

The problem is our government will lie to us in order to protect their interests - not our interest, their interest, so you can't trust anything coming from them.

Then throw in countries out there flooding the internet with bad information and networks like MSNBC, CNN and FOX that just fill the airwaves with unsolicited editorials about whatever agenda they have.

I personally believe the best approach is to not trust any government or media entity and create regulations/laws that limit both of them heavily.
It wasn't created in a lab. If I had to guess, the truth -- as it often is -- is somewhere in the middle. My hypothesis is the Chinese were conducting dangerous lab experiments without the proper procedures, personnel and safety equipment. The virus seeped out, infected a worker who spread it in the market or an animal through someone from the lab, and then it was game on.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Anything is possible, but the earth is just one big petri dish as far as viruses are concerned. It seems way more plausible that it developed in the natural world, it's just b/c of China's fucked up eating practices that it jumped to humans. So yeah, they're still to blame, but I don't think it was deliberate. Then again, with how hard it has hit the UK especially, it could've been engineered to specifically affect the prevalent genetic makeup of the British (and therefor also the US to a large degree) as revenge for the opium wars and all the other colonialist shit England did to China over the centuries. Those Chinese play the long game...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm

It actually came to the US via England

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:30 pm

guy I'm friends with and have worked with for 20 years just got arrested for pretending to be a teenager and soliciting nude pictures from an 8th grader

people are fucking crazy

I've had this guy over to my house and met my family
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:57 pm

Missoula, Montana’s second-most populous county and one of its most heavily Democratic, opted in to the universal vote-by-mail regime.

In response, in October 2020, several county residents with experience targeting election integrity issues formed a group to ensure the legitimacy of the 2020 vote. The members contended that Missoula County had shown anomalies in elections past.

In November, the group approached state Rep. Brad Tschida, a Republican, to formally take up the issue. Tschida hired a lawyer involved in the group, Quentin Rhoades, to represent him in corresponding with Missoula County Elections Administrator Bradley Seaman, a Democratic appointee and a longtime supporter of progressive causes.

Seaman’s office complied with Tschida’s request for access to all of the county’s ballot envelopes, and on Jan. 4 a team of volunteers, overseen by Rhoades, conducted an audit with the assistance of the Missoula County Elections Office.

The audit consisted of both a count and review of all ballot envelopes and comparing that to the number of officially recorded votes during the Nov. 3, 2020, general election.

Its conclusions were troubling: 4,592 out of the 72,491 mail-in ballots lacked envelopes—6.33% of all votes. Without an officially printed envelope with registration information, a voter’s signature, and a postmark indicating whether it was cast on time, election officials cannot verify that a ballot is legitimate. It is against the law to count such votes.

What’s more, according to auditors, county employees claimed that during the post-election audit, some of the envelopes may have been double-counted, possibly indicating an even higher number of missing envelopes.

Auditors also tested a smaller, random sub-sample of 15,455 mail-in envelopes for other defects. Of these, 55 lacked postmark dates and 53 never had their signatures checked—for a total of 0.7% of all ballots in the sample. No envelope had more than one irregularity.

Extrapolating from the sub-sample, that would make more than 5,000 of Missoula County’s votes—roughly 7%—with unexplained irregularities.

Still another issue arose during the audit that aroused auditors’ suspicions: Dozens of ballot envelopes bore strikingly similar, distinctive handwriting styles in the signatures, suggesting that one or several persons may have filled out and submitted multiple ballots, an act of fraud.

One auditor asserted that of 28 envelopes reviewed from the same address, a nursing home, all 28 signatures looked “exactly the same” stylistically.

Another auditor reported that among the envelopes she reviewed, two very unique signatures appeared dozens of times, describing one such signature as starting out flat, moving to a peak, and tapering out, and another as consisting of numerous circles—a “bubble signature.”

Auditors were unable to conduct a more comprehensive count because, they say, Missoula County elections officials refused to permit them to take pictures of the signatures, and envelopes were not shared across the different tabulation tables at the audit, so reviewers could not cross-compare ballot samples.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:08 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:51 am So you trust the government to create regulations/laws to limit themselves? Good luck with that. Anyway, republican state legislatures are too busy creating regulations and law to limit voting (and making it illegal to pass out food and water to voters who have to stand in line for hours) to be worried about laws to limit their own power...
The GA law made it illegal for political organizations to distribute food and water in relation to the law that you can't solicit within a certain distance from the polling place. The people who work the polls can provide food and water.

Kind of proves eCat's point about how people get their information.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:09 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:30 pm guy I'm friends with and have worked with for 20 years just got arrested for pretending to be a teenager and soliciting nude pictures from an 8th grader

people are fucking crazy

I've had this guy over to my house and met my family
I didn't know you and Rat worked together.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:43 pm

I work with his wife

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm It actually came to the US via England
That's what I'm talking bout...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:23 pm

"guy I'm friends with and have worked with for 20 years just got arrested for pretending to be a teenager and soliciting nude pictures from an 8th grader"

At first I thought you meant pretending to be a teenager in person...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:27 pm

"The GA law made it illegal for political organizations to distribute food and water in relation to the law that you can't solicit within a certain distance from the polling place"

So passing out water to people in line is soliciting?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:32 pm

"The GA law made it illegal for political organizations to distribute food and water in relation to the law that you can't solicit within a certain distance from the polling place. The people who work the polls can provide food and water.

Kind of proves eCat's point about how people get their information."

What it really proves is that you get your "information" from Fox News, specifically, in this case, from republican hack Josh Holmes, who was interviewed by Chris Wallace on his most recent program (and rightly pushed back on Holmes's claim that the new law was only aimed at "political organizations"), whose take on the situation you appear to have swallowed verbatim (certainly you repeated it verbatim, like a good little sheep):

"On "Fox News Sunday," host Chris Wallace and a Republican strategist argued about the particulars of Georgia’s new law banning certain food and water giveaways to voters in line.

"Why on earth, if Americans are willing to wait in hours to vote, would you make it a crime for people to come and give them a bottle of water?" Wallace asked.

Josh Holmes, a former chief of staff to Sen. Mitch McConnell, later came on and circled back to respond to Wallace’s assertion. Holmes said that Democrats have misrepresented that provision of a new Georgia law.

"I've heard it a couple times on this program, that the idea that they've criminalized giving people bottles of water. They have not," said Holmes, founder of a consulting firm. "What is in the statute, what is absolutely clear, is that they're preventing political organizations from giving people in line things: meals, water, what have you. Water is and should be provided at the polls for people who are standing in line."

So that's where you got your "information" from, obviously. But you were lied to. Here's the real information:

"But the language in the law doesn’t ban only political entities from handing out water.

Keith Williams, general counsel to Republican House Speaker David Ralston, told PolitiFact: "Any individual other than a worker at a polling place is prohibited from handing out water, etc., within 150 feet of a polling place or within 25 feet of the line."

Election law experts reached similar conclusions.

"I read the solicitation provision and the prohibition on food and water at the polls to be separate prohibitions in the law," said Richard Hasen, a University of California Irvine election law professor. "It is not limited to those who are soliciting votes."

Justin Levitt, a Loyola Marymount University law school professor, told PolitiFact: "I read, and I believe courts would read, SB 202 to prohibit anyone from giving food or water to any voter in line."

Why did you lie, sardis?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ways-vote/

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 pm

Our ruling

Holmes (and sardis) said a Georgia law has not "criminalized giving people bottles of water." It pertains to political organizations.

SB 202 makes it a crime for people — and not just people from political organizations — to hand out food or bottles of water within 150 feet of a polling place or 25 feet of any voter standing in line.

The only kernel of truth is that the law has a sentence which allows poll workers to make available "self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote." But just because poll workers can make self-service water available, doesn’t mean they are required to come up with a way to make water accessible to voters in every line at every polling site. Also, people could hand out water or food to voters outside the 150-foot and 25-foot boundaries.

We rate this statement Mostly False.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Idiots. Next they'll try and stop the negros from voting. Abrams must have really gotten under those rednecks skins.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:19 pm

If you read the act rather than rely on the bias media, which politifact is one, you will read that it allows water from poll workers.

Again, eCat is proven right again.

https://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/59827

1867 SECTION 33.
1868 Said chapter is further amended by revising subsections (a) and (e) of Code
1869 Section 21-2-414, relating to restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling
1870 within the vicinity of a polling place, cellular phone use prohibited, prohibition of candidates
1871 from entering certain polling places, and penalty, as follows:
1872 "(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any
1873 person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give,
1874 or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and
1875 drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any
1876 person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables
1877 or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
1880 (1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established; (2) Within any polling place; or
(3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
1882 These restrictions shall not apply to conduct occurring in private offices or areas which
1883 cannot be seen or heard by such electors."
1884 "(e) This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing
1885 materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors
1886 or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely
1887 for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from
1888 making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in
1889 line to vote."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:16 pm

"If you read the act rather than rely on the bias media, which politifact is one, you will read that it allows water from poll workers."

I already read that and understood it. Apparently you did not (either read nor understand). You claimed (since you had heard it on Fox News) that the Georgia law only made it illegal for "political organizations" to pass out water to voters who have been forced to stand in line for hours and hours b/c of republican voter suppression tactics. You were wrong. Or else you lied. Either way, your claim was false. But that won't stop you from spewing it as truth. Don't worry, no one is surprised by this...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:51 am

sardis wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:08 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:51 am So you trust the government to create regulations/laws to limit themselves? Good luck with that. Anyway, republican state legislatures are too busy creating regulations and law to limit voting (and making it illegal to pass out food and water to voters who have to stand in line for hours) to be worried about laws to limit their own power...
The GA law made it illegal for political organizations to distribute food and water in relation to the law that you can't solicit within a certain distance from the polling place. The people who work the polls can provide food and water.

Kind of proves eCat's point about how people get their information.
I'm sure Billy Joe, Earl and Shirlene are going to ensure that persons of color are well fed and hydrated. Georgia's long and storied history of peaceful race relations makes me certain of this.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:18 am

How bout your boy Matt Gaetz? He's a real winner...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:29 am

We live in a country now where they are talking about requiring a vaccine ID for people where you have a 99% survival rate but they argue you don't need to show ID to vote.

That when in rare occasions white people are killed by a gunman, they want to enact gun laws while ignoring the black people who die at the hands of guns every day, yet those same people call other people racist.

Interesting times.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:36 am

Racist