eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:53 pm

twisted......
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Blind

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Retarded

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:46 pm

Speaking of retarded...

Students want to remove George Washington statue...
...from the University of Washington...
....in the state of Washington.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/02/u ... on-statue/

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:38 am

Well you can't remove the whole state...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:48 am

you're up at 4:30am on a Sunday?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:12 am

Fell asleep on the couch last night and woke up around 3:30, I can't go back to sleep that late. Plus I woke up at 10 yesterday morning, first time I've slept past 8 in many years, so I've gotten my share of sleep already this weekend...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 am

I wish you would sleep forever

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am

And so it begins...

Supreme Court rejects Trump tax return appeal

The U.S. Supreme Court declined Monday to block a New York grand jury from getting President Donald Trump's personal and corporate tax returns, a decisive defeat in his prolonged legal battle to keep his tax records out of the hands of investigators.

The ruling does not mean the returns will become public any time soon, and they might never be publicly released. Under state law, materials turned over to a grand jury must be kept secret. But Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance can now require Trump's accountants to turn over the records that the president has steadfastly refused to surrender to prosecutors or Congress.

Vance is seeking tax returns covering eight years for a grand jury investigation of hush money payments and other financial transactions. The investigation began after it was disclosed that former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about her claim that she had an affair with Trump, an allegation the former president has denied.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... s-n1258498

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:16 am

Waiting for the "Another witch hunt" response from e.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 am

I'm sure the court will find that the payments to Stormy Daniels to be necessary business consulting services.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:23 pm

but at least some of the worlds top scientists got it wrong in their estimates from the Imperial College report that was released and which our country , along with many others based their Covid-19 response against back in late February. At one point Fauci was citing their numbers along with Trump

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-one-model ... s-covid-19

Shortly after that Cuomo was being praised and mentioned as a Presidential candidate attacking Trump while hiding nursing home deaths.

alot to be said for taking experts at face value in this day and age.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:00 pm

So we should just take the word of a hilljack from Kentucky who fixes up stolen Toyotas?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:28 am

good article sent to me. I think this section represents how many people feel that had questions about the election. I suspect it will result in the reaction the author received....
an excerpt.....

Let me begin by repeating something I said to Sullivan: I do not actively disbelieve in the outcome of the 2020 election. I do not assert that the election was stolen. I also do not believe the election was totally fair, “belief” being an affirmative mental state. I say only that I don’t know; I haven’t been convinced either way. One side tried to convince me and failed (at least so far). The other side has made no such attempt but instead mostly shouts in my face that I must believe. The latter effort, in addition to being aggravating and insulting, has been less effective.

The 2020 election came down to a narrower margin than the 2016 contest: fewer than 43,000 rather than 77,000 votes in just three states. In 2016, nothing fishy in Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin—the states on which 2016 turned—was detected. Certainly nothing like:

Counting shutdowns in five states, in which one candidate was ahead, only to lose after the counting resumed;
“Found” tranches of ballots going overwhelmingly—sometimes exclusively—to one candidate, the eventual “winner”;
Sworn affidavits alleging the backdating of ballots;
Historically low rejection rates—as in, orders of magnitude lower—of mail-in ballots, suggesting that many obviously invalid ballots were accepted as genuine;
Mail-in and absentee ballots appearing without creases, raising the question of how they got into the envelopes required for their being mailed in;
Thousands upon thousands of ballots all marked for one presidential candidate without a single choice marked for any down-ballot candidate.
The absolute refusal to conduct signature audits—indeed, the discarding of many envelopes which alone make such audits possible—i.e., of the kind of recounts which are performed not merely to get the math right but to evaluate the validity of ballots;
Other statistical and historical anomalies too numerous to mention here.

All of which, and much more, did occur in 2020. Any one of these things would have caused Hillary Clinton to march into court in 2016 with an army of lawyers larger than the force Hannibal brought to Cannae.

Sullivan dismissed all of this because “Trump tried in court and lost.” End of story. He alleged with a straight face that Trump put on a serious effort run by serious election experts. To put it mildly, that’s not the way it looked to me. In any case, quick dismissals by partisan or even impartial courts do not amount to “proof” that nothing was amiss, much less do they constitute a thorough vetting of what really happened. They might be “evidence”—but only of the fact that those particular courts wanted nothing to do with the election. Judges’ dismissals are certainly not dispositive evidence that there was no fraud.

Yet if, as it seemed to me, it’s so important to Sullivan that I personally believe that everything that happened was on the up-and-up, he might try using his platform to call for, and get, serious local, state, and federal investigations of all of the above anomalies and others not mentioned. Those investigations would then have to be reported fairly and credibly by a media that actually wants to disseminate the truth and not cover for state and local corruption or for the Biden Administration.

Of course, none of that is going to happen. The present ruling power has no interest in investigating, much less challenging, what they insist must be the only narrative: Biden won, full stop; there were no irregularities and anyone who says otherwise is a threat to Our Democracy™.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:19 am

The only reason anybody thinks there was any election fraud (using that term to encompass every alleged instance of shenanigans listed above) is b/c Trump said there was, without a shred of evidence. Period. The only instances of actual election fraud that have been proven have been a few people trying to vote for Trump with their dead mother's mail-in ballot. I'd be willing to bet that there was more fraud committed by people trying to get in fraudulent votes for Trump than Biden, but in any case, it was so few on either side, just like with every election, that it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome and at any rate, they probably canceled each other out almost exactly. There is always going to be an extremely small number of fraudulent votes, there's no way that you can have over 100 million distinct data points (in this case, individual votes) without some errors, but it's an infinitesimally small number compared to the overall total and in no way ever has anything to do with the outcome of the election, certainly not in over a century (I won't claim that back in the days of Boss Tweed or whoever that some shit like that didn't happen at the local level, but certainly not in a national presidential election). This is all just an expression of butt-hurtness by Trump voters who are mad that he lost. Can't wait to hear the excuses when he goes to prison...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:44 am

Exactly

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:00 am

hedge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:19 am The only reason anybody thinks there was any election fraud is because of Trump
that isn't true

yes there are many people that hung on his every word

but that doesn't represent the total number. People have valid concerns about how this election was handled using the pandemic as an excuse. 50m people didn't take the president at his word, they looked at what happened at face value and said this needs further investigation.

and you pretty much validated the point of the article

You must believe what we believe and we aren't interested in pursuing this.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 am

50 million? Really?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:18 am

Whenever the first shred of real evidence is produced, I'll pay attention and evaluate it. That hasn't happened yet. Until it does, I'm perfectly comfortable with regarding these claims as pure speculation, a.k.a., bullshit. The fact that Trump himself is the biggest, loudest purveyor of these claims (and was already floating them months before the election even took place) makes me even more comfortable in that decision...