Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm

"the water mark stuff is bogus."

OK, I laughed...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:20 pm

It was not a great showing for the dems. As long as the 8 states in the midwest with a population about half of Los Angeles get 16 senators and California only gets 2 (and DC gets none), it's going to be hard for dems to get any real traction in governing. We live under minority rule and I doubt there's any way to change that. Maybe we shouldn't even try, but that's the reality...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Why don't we just abolish states? North Carolina and California and everybody else can just be ruled directly by whatever majority sent to Washington DC..
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:51 pm

Good idea..

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Texas would never go for that, b/c ya'll have that little fiefdom mentality going on. Don't maiss weeth TAAIIIXXX-SISS!! Texans are the worst rednecks in the country, mainly b/c ya'll don't think you're rednecks. Because, well, Taixsis. Damn Texnecks...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm

sardis wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am Biden will squeak by because of PA and NC mail-ins counted after the election. They'll keep coming and coming until Biden wins those states.
As I predicted.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:08 pm

aTm wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:51 pm The Republicans as of right now seem to have basically already won this election. Their Presidential nominee may not win, but it seems his limited coattails have carried what is likely to be the next decade for them because it seems that the votes that would potentially put Biden into the White House are only in a handful of urban precincts. The Republicans already have nominated and confirmed their solid court majority. They are going to keep a slim Senate majority. They will have narrowed down the Democrat House majority to probably somewhere around only 5-10 vote majority which will likely make it almost impossible for Democrats to pass anything that is truly controversial or radical. In this election Republicans have gained governorships and seem to have maintained in state legislatures. This is 2020, so they have essentially won in more statehouses on the eve of census redistricting. Even if Biden wins, IMO, the Democrats lost this election.
No, they haven’t given up on the Senate either. They are cheating to eliminate Tillis in NC and get the GA Senator to under 50% so there’s a runoff.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:23 pm

sardis wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm
sardis wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:09 am Biden will squeak by because of PA and NC mail-ins counted after the election. They'll keep coming and coming until Biden wins those states.
As I predicted.
Biden ain't winning NC, but it'll be very close. A bolder and more accurate prediction in support of your conspiracy theory innuendo would've been Georgia, but you of course went for the obvious. I doubt he'll win that one either but it's going to be razor thin and much closer than NC. He will win PA by a much larger margin than Trump did in 2016, but that was expected...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:39 pm

"They are cheating to eliminate Tillis in NC and get the GA Senator to under 50% so there’s a runoff.

I pray to God it works out...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 am

I'm just gonna sit back untill December and watch cry.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:44 am

I like beer, BBQ and freedom as much as the next guy, but this wasn't the best look for any of them...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 am

Self-proclaimed Trump republican wins seat in North Dakota state house of representatives a month after dying of covid....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ma ... e-n1246393

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:08 am

From twitter - I have no reason to believe this isn't accurate

So Obama doesn't win Georgia in two attempts - wildly popular Obama
Hillary doesn't win Georgia
Joe Biden wins Georgia

Dekalb County votes,
2012 Obama got 104,324
2016 Hillary got 90,473
2020 Biden got 305,197
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:20 am

Individual state legislatures determine the rules for elections. We all get that, right?

The FL legislature got high marks for having mail-in ballots tabulated as they arrived in the days and weeks preceding election day. Ballots received ON election day were a small percentage and were easily counted. FL was effectively done on election day and a winner was declared. The FL legislature is republican. From the AP: In Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, election officials were not allowed to begin processing mailed ballots until on or just before Election Day, after Republican-led state legislatures successfully opposed changing laws to allow earlier preparations like other states.

I high-lighted the part about the republican-majority state legislatures. That also applies for NC, GA, and AZ. If the game is rigged, the repubs allowed it to happen. But if the game is rigged, how do you account for the GOP gains in Congress?

Stop the count here, keep the count going there....all of that could have been avoided months ago. Blame the rule makers, not the voters.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:25 am

For those who have jobs, better put on the headphones for this one. Rat, you can blast it...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 am

hedge wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:39 pm "They are cheating to eliminate Tillis in NC and get the GA Senator to under 50% so there’s a runoff.

I pray to God it works out...
Amen
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:53 am

Faith in elections is gonna be shaken considerably by this, regardless of whether it was fair to say there was fraud or not. The mail in ballots and states changing up for COVID potentially has had huge unforeseen and very grave consequences. By having election day turnout be heavily republican and mail in votes heavily democrat and counting those at different times, the government (state, federal, local collectively) created this mess even if there is no fraud. Americans are used to having an election, having the returns come in late into the night, and having every state have a clear winner and an acceptance speech and a concession speech that night. You cannot have a stable election this way and this cannot be the new normal. You cant have the entire country go to bed thinking there is one winner (I have friends who's wives had literal drunken shit fits on Tuesday night because Biden was going to lose) and wake up the next day and it looks totally different, and then it takes weeks and weeks of sitting around when shit used to get counted all within 24 hours. It looks bad. If we had gone to bed on Tuesday night with Biden leading and woke up with Trump poised to flip multiple states, the country's major cities would have burned on Wednesday. You cant have one side take the lead, and then suddenly have states stop issuing returns, because it looks bad. It looks like youre stopping to see how many ballots you need to make up if you do that. And we had multiple states/counties do this out of nowhere. Why dont we know the winner in Nevada? For fuck's sake why dont we know the winner in Alaska at this point? The problem of course is that with only bilateral #TeamRed vs #TeamBlue system, the side who wins is likely just gonna say, oh, this is fine. And then one day many years from now, we're going to end up with angry mobs of thousands and thousands of people surrounding counting centers during the weeks it takes to count up the votes.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:07 pm

to add to that, this is exactly what many people said would happen

We go to bed with Trump leading and then out of nowhere , truckloads of Biden mail in ballots will appear and Biden will take the lead with the media generating propaganda on why this is perfectly normal.

People were saying that back in August.

so I agree, even if there is no fraud, you can't run an election like this. Hell, the Vegas odds flipped twice in 48 hours.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm

heh...he is going to be the gift that keeps on giving

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:29 pm

oh and here is an added flaw to the system

on election night, its the media that tells us who the president is. The actual validation occurs later.

In the past there was a level of trust in the media to put forward the right information, as opposed to propaganda.

In the past 4 years that trust has been broken with the division in the media and the ongoing attacks between the president and the networks