Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:29 pm

funny because to the 50's and boomers, Joe Rogan is too liberal

Jordan Peterson is another story

What 's really frustrating is that 29 year old doesn't think anything about her indoctrination of kids into her liberal view points. She honestly thinks she is being neutral, or worse, is obligated to teach kids her ideology, which was mostly likely indoctrinated to her when she attended her private liberal arts college
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm

A lot of what they're talking about is not really even about ideology. Its about ignorance triumphing over education, and the complete inadequacy of the teachers to deal with it and solve the problem. Flat earth, is a tinfoil nutso conspiracy theory, not a political ideology. The problem was that the teacher was incapable of educating the child and the child was running roughshod over her because she wasnt educated enough to fight back with critical thinking (she just knows earth is globe, but has no fucking clue how to educate a kid why). This article was sad, because it was filled with teachers that cant educate and blamed the kids for it.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:48 pm

The Whitman sisters looked pretty scary last night.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:16 pm

aTm wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 pm A lot of what they're talking about is not really even about ideology. Its about ignorance triumphing over education, and the complete inadequacy of the teachers to deal with it and solve the problem. Flat earth, is a tinfoil nutso conspiracy theory, not a political ideology. The problem was that the teacher was incapable of educating the child and the child was running roughshod over her because she wasnt educated enough to fight back with critical thinking (she just knows earth is globe, but has no fucking clue how to educate a kid why). This article was sad, because it was filled with teachers that cant educate and blamed the kids for it.
that's probably true, but its hard to argue that public schools and universities aren't a liberal indoctrination of kids.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:05 pm

"Those people leaving these mass of cities won't make the connection that it was liberal policies that drove them to leave and they are just going to try to turn wherever they end up into a liberal nightmare as well."

Yeah, Manhattan has been a nightmare for decades. That's why they have Van Gogh exhibits there that people like aTm flock to when they visit. See that painting he posted? Starry Nightmare...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 am

it has nothing to do with art ,sports or food that attract tourist

its about them electing officials that end up creating policies that make the place unlivable for the day to day residents - from taxes, the homeless, zoning, rent - and they move into other areas of the country - cheaper, much less regulated, and most likely more conservative - and start voting for these same type of officials that was the for cause them to move out to begin with.

Its been a major issue with Portland and Seattle residents moving into Idaho and the surrounding areas for decades.

The migration from Los Angeles to Arizona/Texas is pretty well documented as well.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:30 am

Pfft.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 am

"Its been a major issue with Portland and Seattle residents moving into Idaho and the surrounding areas for decades.

The migration from Los Angeles to Arizona/Texas is pretty well documented as well."

I think it's been way overstated. Sure, people move from here to there for a variety of reasons, often the ones you cited. But plenty of people are still moving into all those areas you mentioned. Maybe there has been a slight excess outflow in recent years (not "decades") but it's hardly the stampede you and Fox News pretend it is. And FWIW, the vast majority of people don't move at all. People tend to stay put. I can't remember the exact number, but the number of people who move anywhere (into or out of LA/Seattle/New York/wherever) is just a tiny fraction of the overall population.

Now of course with covid we might be entering a new phase of migration, but until this year, people generally tended to stay put. I mean, look at Crotch. Yeah, he might've moved over to the neighboring holler, but that's hardly what I'd call a mass migration. And his paw-paw or his paw-paw's paw-paw was probably from there to start with, so it's really more of a homecoming in that situation. Final point: You sure didn't waste much time skeedaddling out of Possum Gulch (or whatever that town Mecca used to cite) and into the big ol liberal limelight of Cincinnati. You were certainly not alone in that exodus...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 am

https://www.movebuddha.com/blog/moving- ... tatistics/

"According to new Census data, nearly 31 million people moved in the United States in 2019. That’s 9.8% of all Americans moving every year.

Around 3 million Americans make an interstate move every year.

While 9.8% of all Americans moving may seem like a lot, it’s actually the lowest number of moves since the Census Bureau started tracking moving data in 1948.

Overall, though, moving rates are on the decline. Today, about half as many people move each year as they did in the 1960s."

31 million was more than I thought, but that's still less than 10% of the population. In other words, over 90% of people stay put every year. But you also notice that only 3 million move to a different state. That's less than 1% of the population that moves to a different state. Again, the vast majority of moves is more like Possum Gulch to Cincinnati, or Wilson to Raleigh, or Butcher's Holler to Baker's Holler, or, say, Lower East Side to Lower West Side, or Queens to Brooklyn, etc, i.e., just moving to a different house or apartment in the same city. Again, hardly what I think of as a mass exodus. And the last two items shows that people are moving far less than they did in the 1960's. But to hear anybody on Fox News tell it, people are "fleeing" by the tens of millions out of the major urban areas. Like most everything else you hear on Fox News, that's just not true. I would guess that b/c of covid NYC will see more of a outflow than usual, but again, that's b/c of covid, not b/c of supposedly decades of liberal local government. Most places with higher taxes also have higher wages. There's always a reason people go to those places that is equally valid as why they leave...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:13 am

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 am "Its been a major issue with Portland and Seattle residents moving into Idaho and the surrounding areas for decades.

The migration from Los Angeles to Arizona/Texas is pretty well documented as well."

I think it's been way overstated. Sure, people move from here to there for a variety of reasons, often the ones you cited. But plenty of people are still moving into all those areas you mentioned. Maybe there has been a slight excess outflow in recent years (not "decades") but it's hardly the stampede you and Fox News pretend it is. And FWIW, the vast majority of people don't move at all. People tend to stay put. I can't remember the exact number, but the number of people who move anywhere (into or out of LA/Seattle/New York/wherever) is just a tiny fraction of the overall population.

Now of course with covid we might be entering a new phase of migration, but until this year, people generally tended to stay put. I mean, look at Crotch. Yeah, he might've moved over to the neighboring holler, but that's hardly what I'd call a mass migration. And his paw-paw or his paw-paw's paw-paw was probably from there to start with, so it's really more of a homecoming in that situation. Final point: You sure didn't waste much time skeedaddling out of Possum Gulch (or whatever that town Mecca used to cite) and into the big ol liberal limelight of Cincinnati. You were certainly not alone in that exodus...
Net domestic migration to California has been negative for about one decade. More people leave California than move there from other states. California is still growing through foreign immigration.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 am

"More people leave California than move there from other states."

Not disputing that, but I think the net difference is much smaller than Fox News would have you believe...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:34 am

Looks like in 2018, California had a net domestic migration loss of 190K people. From 2015-2017 it was a third less than that. With a population of close to 40 million, that's less than 0.5%. Hardly a number I'd be freaking out about. I also saw this item: "A 2017 Bee analysis found that people leaving California tended to be relatively poor, and many lacked college degrees. Higher up the income spectrum, slightly more people were coming than going." So they are actually gaining on higher income folks and losing poorer folks. Sounds like a good trade-off...

https://www.sacbee.com/news/databases/a ... 10698.html

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:54 pm

...........maybe Hedge would like to take a jab at explaining this

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:57 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:50 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:34 am Looks like in 2018, California had a net domestic migration loss of 190K people. From 2015-2017 it was a third less than that. With a population of close to 40 million, that's less than 0.5%. Hardly a number I'd be freaking out about. I also saw this item: "A 2017 Bee analysis found that people leaving California tended to be relatively poor, and many lacked college degrees. Higher up the income spectrum, slightly more people were coming than going." So they are actually gaining on higher income folks and losing poorer folks. Sounds like a good trade-off...

https://www.sacbee.com/news/databases/a ... 10698.html
you'd fit right in with the GOP elite

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:07 pm

I absolutely believe am HR representative from Goodyear put this slide together - they just didn't bother to tell Senior management they were doing it

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... r-allowed/

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:38 pm

It is kinda funny that all the republicans the DNC lined up to speak are all war hawks.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:20 am

Sorta feel sorry for crotch. Just a bit.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:54 am

sardis wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:38 pm It is kinda funny that all the republicans the DNC lined up to speak are all war hawks.
It's a big tent...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:37 am

I thought this was a joke, but alas, it's not...