Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am

eCat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 am hell the EU was created in part to leverage influence in the global economy.
Yes and no. The EU started as a coal and steel community / common market with six continental nations with France and West Germany as the main participants. Churchill pushed for European (in the continental sense) unity after WWII as an effort to create a unifying system that made Europe so intertwined -- but mostly France and Germany -- that another war could be prevented. Everything grew from there.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:30 am

I was exposed and had to wait at home Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I received my test results yesterday evening. I was negative.

It took nearly five hours to get a test Monday.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:40 pm

Dammit

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:06 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am
eCat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:33 am hell the EU was created in part to leverage influence in the global economy.
Yes and no. The EU started as a coal and steel community / common market with six continental nations with France and West Germany as the main participants. Churchill pushed for European (in the continental sense) unity after WWII as an effort to create a unifying system that made Europe so intertwined -- but mostly France and Germany -- that another war could be prevented. Everything grew from there.
Some would say that it was basically all already written down for them in the idea of the Europaische Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft from 1942...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Oh yeah, good ol Europaische Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:36 pm

8.4 million new gun sales in March, April, May and June. 40% to new gun owners.

People aren't buying those guns because they are afraid of the police.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:33 pm

They are after of Antifa.

BAHAHAHA!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:11 pm

"People aren't buying those guns because they are afraid of the police."

Yeah, but they're definitely afraid of something. Fucking pussies...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm

Trumpettes

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:12 am

aTm wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:06 pm
DooKSucks wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am
Some would say that it was basically all already written down for them in the idea of the Europaische Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft from 1942...
Thanks, Mr UKIP. Are you going to go jack off to Boris and Nigel Farage now?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:25 am

For the amount of guns both sides have neither side has used them much considering the amount of confrontations and rioting. Most shootings are a result of other crimes committed when the police aren’t there, not for the uprising itself or for the defense of uprisings. You always hear “we’re sitting on a powder keg because we are so partisan and there are so many guns in this country.” but is it really? I doubt the vast majority of gun owners has the guts to even shoot an intruder.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:36 am

Yep, like I said, pussies that think owning a gun makes them "tough." If you ain't gonna use it (and most aren't), it might as well be a baseball bat...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:37 am

Man, this one is brutal...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:47 am

That's an awesome comeback to his ridiculous 911 add.

Trump is done. He knows it. Can't wait to watch him lose it even more. He's a fucking psycho

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:11 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:29 am

sardis wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:25 am For the amount of guns both sides have neither side has used them much considering the amount of confrontations and rioting. Most shootings are a result of other crimes committed when the police aren’t there, not for the uprising itself or for the defense of uprisings. You always hear “we’re sitting on a powder keg because we are so partisan and there are so many guns in this country.” but is it really? I doubt the vast majority of gun owners has the guts to even shoot an intruder.
these people aren't buying these guns for bravado, they aren't camouflaging up and joining their local militia, they are buying guns in direct response to a specific threat - perceived and/or real.

I think there are a couple of reasons why there hasn't been more shootings 1. The vast majority of these clashes are in major urban cities which have very tight gun laws to begin with and the Antifa people are picking their spots. When you have a city like Seattle with people living on top of people, and a local government that is all to willing to hand over 6 city blocks and abandon a police precinct, then its safe to say the populace isn't going to arm up and go in after them if the police won't. There is a built in tolerance to this sort of thing that doesn't exist in the midwest or south. Seattle has a problem with homeless people shitting on the streets, so you think someone living in that environment is going to get worked up over rioters breaking windows? You also have over zealous sympathetic prosecutors that will go after "vigiliantes" who attack people "exercising their first amendment rights". Antifa also knows that as rock throwers, the police aren't going to break out the guns and shoot people. So its all a calculated move on their part.

So what you end up with is a few store owners armed up protecting their own interests but knowing the limits. They aren't going to shoot someone over a broken window, but they would shoot into a group intent on looting or burning down their livelihood - and Antifa/BLM/Random lowlife doesn't burn and loot shops with armed gunowners.

2. an extension of that, and what drove those gun sales was the media and twitter driving the "we're coming to your neighborhood" narrative. Now you want to talk about pussies, why didn't Antifa go into the suburbs like they claimed they would? because they are rock throwing morons who knows their ass would get shot in the suburbs of Trump country. You just added 3.5m new gun owners who have never had any experience using a gun and are scared to death of some masked idiot screaming about marxism and setting their home on fire. Don't kid yourself, they will shoot , acting on fear instead of reason - my concern would be that we're going to get some teenagers shot because some new gunowner is trigger happy and won't differentiate between a kid acting like a kid and antifa trying to stir up trouble.

I can't speak for someone living in a city like Seattle, but in the suburbs or rural America, if someone is kicking in a door, much less a group of people, if the homeowner has a gun, they are going to use it. They are encouraged to do so, hell, they are expected to do so. There is no shortage of local sheriffs in this country telling people to arm up and shoot any bastard that tries to harm them.

Castle doctrine is pretty clear cut when you have a piece of land with a home on it, and not an apartment /brownstone in a shared living space.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:08 am

Antifa. That still cracks me up.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:37 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Antifa. Still cracks me up.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:23 pm

bluetick wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:31 am Our county school system has already announced that parents have the option of sending their kids to school or continue with online learning when classes begin next month. And we fare better than most in TN cases-wise.
Our town just announced the same policy...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm