Damn - what do the docs think happened?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm

I'm not sure why the economy not roaring back is relevant at all.

had we continued down the path we were on, not only would the economy get worse, but our supply chain would have been seriously threatened.

In hindsight what we are doing now with mandates for social distancing and masks would have been more effective than the quarantine

I think people who are concerned about the numbers believe that the quarantine was intended to eradicate the virus when it meant to slow it down to give us time to prepare, establish protocols and get our medical facilities prepared for widespread infection over a longer period of time.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:29 pm

bluetick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 pm Donald Trump said last week’s jobs report, which showed an uptick in June, proves the economy is “roaring back.”

Rubbish. The Labor Department gathered the data during the week of June 12, when America was reporting 25,000 new cases of COVID-19 per day. By the time the report was issued last week, that figure was 55,000.

The economy isn’t roaring back. Just over half of working-age Americans have jobs now, the lowest ratio in over 70 years. What’s roaring back is COVID-19. Until it’s tamed, the economy doesn’t stand a chance. The surge in cases isn’t because America is doing more tests for the virus, as Mr. Trump contends. Cases are rising even where testing is declining. In Wisconsin, cases soared 28% over the last two weeks of June as the number of tests decreased by 14%. Hospitals in Texas, Florida and Arizona are filling up with COVID-19 patients. Deaths are expected to resume their gruesome ascent.

The surge is occurring because America reopened before COVID-19 was contained.

Mr. Trump was so intent on having a good economy by Election Day that he resisted doing what was necessary to contain the virus. He left everything to governors and local officials, then warned that the “cure” of closing the economy was “worse than the disease.” Mr. Trump even called on citizens to “liberate” their states from public health restrictions.

Yet he still has no national plan for testing, contact tracing and isolating people with infections. Mr. Trump won’t even ask Americans to wear masks. Last week, Democrats accused him of sitting on nearly $14 billion in funds for testing and contact tracing that Congress appropriated in April.

It would be one thing if every other rich nation in the world botched it as badly as has America. But even Italy — not always known for the effectiveness of its leaders or the pliability of its citizens — has contained the virus and is reopening without a resurgence.

There was never a conflict between containing COVID-19 and getting the economy back on track. The first was always a prerequisite to the second. By doing nothing to contain the virus, Mr. Trump has not only caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths but has put the economy into a stall.

-The Baltimore Sun 7/7/2020

The states who over quarantined are in the worst shape financially.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm

bluetick wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 pm Donald Trump said last week’s jobs report, which showed an uptick in June, proves the economy is “roaring back.”

Rubbish. The Labor Department gathered the data during the week of June 12, when America was reporting 25,000 new cases of COVID-19 per day. By the time the report was issued last week, that figure was 55,000.

The economy isn’t roaring back. Just over half of working-age Americans have jobs now, the lowest ratio in over 70 years. What’s roaring back is COVID-19. Until it’s tamed, the economy doesn’t stand a chance. The surge in cases isn’t because America is doing more tests for the virus, as Mr. Trump contends. Cases are rising even where testing is declining. In Wisconsin, cases soared 28% over the last two weeks of June as the number of tests decreased by 14%. Hospitals in Texas, Florida and Arizona are filling up with COVID-19 patients. Deaths are expected to resume their gruesome ascent.

Mr. Trump was so intent on having a good economy by Election Day that he resisted doing what was necessary to contain the virus. He left everything to governors and local officials, then warned that the “cure” of closing the economy was “worse than the disease.” Mr. Trump even called on citizens to “liberate” their states from public health restrictions.

Yet he still has no national plan for testing, contact tracing and isolating people with infections. Mr. Trump won’t even ask Americans to wear masks. Last week, Democrats accused him of sitting on nearly $14 billion in funds for testing and contact tracing that Congress appropriated in April.

It would be one thing if every other rich nation in the world botched it as badly as has America. But even Italy — not always known for the effectiveness of its leaders or the pliability of its citizens — has contained the virus and is reopening without a resurgence.

There was never a conflict between containing COVID-19 and getting the economy back on track. The first was always a prerequisite to the second. By doing nothing to contain the virus, Mr. Trump has not only caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths but has put the economy into a stall.

-The Baltimore Sun 7/7/2020

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 pm

crotch wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 am Bethel, Ohio bikers take stand for America.....

https://twitter.com/i/events/1280298781318115328
LOL!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:43 am I really, really want this covid bullshit to be over

a vaccine is far off, but an effective treatment so its not lethal or requires hospitalization could be days away if they find the right people.

Hard to believe that with the entire world dealing with this, there isn't a treatment that marginalizes this within hours of administering it.
Try drinking bleach like your Fuhrer recommends

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm

eCat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:17 pm
hedge wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 pmWhat happened?
believe it or not I got amnesia for about 8 hours
Oh I believe it

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Dr. Nostron wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:20 pm Damn - what do the docs think happened?
they concluded I had something called Tertiary Global Amnesia where a combination of stress and physical exertion causes something to disconnect in your brain, thankfully temporarily.

I started working on a car about 11am, and I was really struggling to get the part to fit, so I would crawl under, then get up and go watch a video on youtube, then go to the workshop, then crawl back under - and I did that from 11am to about 3:30, then I put up my tools, took the car off the jack stands , took a shower and then took the car for a test drive. After that my wife asked me if I wanted to take the dogs for a walk and I said yes, I went out to the garage, came back and in and asked her when we got that motorcycle. That was the first clue something was wrong.
I didn't know I had a tattoo, I didn't know why we were wearing masks, I didn't know a project at work had started, I didn't remember working on the car, the test drive or taking the shower.

I was Guy Pierce in Memento. My wife told me I would ask her "what did I do today?" and she would say "You worked on the car" and then I would look at my hands and say "I didn't work on the car, my hands aren't dirty" and she said I did that at least 7 times, with the exact same response every time.

About midnight I look over at her in the emergency room, look down to see I have an IV in my arm, and I ask - why the fuck am I in a hospital? I still had trouble connecting the dots but other than from around 3:00 to then, all my memories returned. It was like I woke up just very groggy. She knew I was getting better because I told the Doc to not waste this IV in my arm and give me some versed.

After sleeping a few hours in a hospital room I woke up , a little unsure of what I would remember but everything was back to normal. I had every test they could run - CT, MRI, Sonagram?, I met with 2 neurologists - they threw it all at me...and they found nothing. I kept my sense of humor though. As they were taking me down to the CT scan, which , you guessed it, I don't remember, I was yelling to my wife in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice "Its not a tumor, not a tumor at all"

They also found a spot on my lung and here I am in the middle of an amnesia crisis and this doctor is going into great detail explaining they found a spot that I have to get checked out. Like I'm going to remember what he said 2 minutes from now

(turns out the spot was nothing - long story but its an infection that 90% of the people that live in the Ohio Valley get and they are asymptomatic other than in some cases your body "mummifies" the fungus and it appears as a spot on your lung)

Anyways, Its been 3 weeks now with no recurrence. So I'm no longer worried about someone finding me wearing nothing but a bathrobe walking down the street. The only thing is from the time I fixed the car until midnight at the hospital is gone, I don't think I'll ever remember any of it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Didn't you're face freeze up too once?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 pm

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... cist-pasts
The list of athletic facilities includes notable football stadiums and basketball arenas, including Kyle Field at Texas A&M, according to the project report. Edwin Jackson Kyle was the son of a captain in the Confederate army, the project report said.
Scintillating stuff. Confederate ties! The son of a confederate captain! Edwin Jackson Kyle wasn't even born yet when the civil war was happening. I like how that and Robert Neyland are the the marquee names mentioned...because many of the rest of them that are actually interesting if you want to get people riled up.

The other racist names actually in the report include....Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Adolph Rupp, Phog Allen, Darrell Royal...etc

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view ... t=pdf-6970
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 pm

The most hilarious "racist" on the list is Pratt & Whitney...uh thats just a corporation.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Good god...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Drain the swamp!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 pm

Grover Norquist and the Ayn Rand Institute got nice chunks of cash to finance their rants against big government...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:10 pm

didn't Nancy Pelosi husband get money too?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm

I assume he's always been an advocate of big government, no hypocrisy there...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:59 pm

So did Robert Di Niro

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:10 pm

We all got money. The government was like the candy float at a parade.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:21 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:05 pm Drain the swamp!

We already covered this....

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10&p=181208&hilit=c ... on#p181209
If you're suggesting that Congressmen and Congresswomen likely voted their own business interests into $50k forgivable loans here and there, while also likely voting some entities related to Donald Trump into qualifying as well, then yes, I'd tell you that our corrupt politicians in Congress probably did exactly that and I dont need to see the list or hear the NYT moan (probably only about Trump) about it either in order to know it.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:22 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm I assume he's always been an advocate of big government, no hypocrisy there...
The difference being that Nancy Pelosi actually had a hand in writing and voting on the law that she benefitted from..but whatever. Unearthing the scum that is our government just doesn't seem to get the clicks or that nice hand in glove fit with the agenda that following around the idiot, asshole celebrity President like you’re reporting for “Entertainment Tonight” instead of “The News” does.