Heh. Fool.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:06 pm

I just can't take a group who calls themselves the Banditos very seriously. Makes me think of the Frito bandito. I'm sure the Frito bandito will never be resurrected, too many would see that as racist...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Well, I guess it kinda was...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Always thought that was Speedy Gonzales

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:13 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:23 pm

Ms. Leslie Neal-Boyan, the dean of the nursing school at the University of Massachusetts, sent an email to her colleagues at the nursing school recently, condemning “acts of violence against people of color.”

The email went on to say “Recent events recall a tragic history of racism and bias that continue to thrive in this country. I despair for our future as a nation if we do not stand up against violence against anyone. BLACK LIVES MATTER.”

So wait, you might be thinking, what’s the issue? Why did she get fired?

Because after writing “BLACK LIVES MATTER,” Leslie then committed a heinous crime by stating, “but also, EVERYONE’S LIFE MATTERS.”

Even still, the email continued, saying “No one should have to live in fear that they will be targeted for how they look or what they believe." Except, of course, if you believe that everyone’s life matters.

Leslie concluded by asking the students to "care for everyone regardless of race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, ability or gender preference."

But it didn’t matter, the damage was done. Three words. Everyone’s. Life. Matters.

It only took one student to say that she was upset by Leslie’s comment… and poof, Leslie was fired.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:22 pm

The university responded with this statement:
"Leslie Neal-Boylan's employment at UMass Lowell ended on June 19, after she was informed she would no longer serve as dean of the Solomont School of Nursing. She had been in that role for 10 months. Although a tenured full faculty member, she declined to join the nursing faculty. As with all such employment decisions, it was made in the best interests of the university and its students. Although we are not able to discuss specifics of a personnel matter, it would be incorrect to assume any statement by Dr. Neal-Boylan was the cause of that decision."

Idk. The university said it wasn't anything she said. Why would they lie? If they wanted to take a socially-conscious stand, they would say it was her email, right? It could be that she wasn't getting the job done. 10 months? That's probation time - a trial period.

It's not like she was part of an investigation into possible wrong-doing(s) by the president. Of the university. No hint of retribution that I can see here. She didn't get "Vindmaned", or "Bermaned" - best I can tell.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Shhhh. You're ruining it

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:47 am

Two more Corona related deaths in Greenville...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:33 pm

Trump Tells Viewers to Dump Fox News After Sunday Report on Poll Numbers; Tells Them to Head for OANN or Newsmax
By Rudy TakalaJul 5th, 2020, 5:45 pm

Sorry fellas. Dear Leader has declared Fox off limits. Verboten.

Hope OANN has some hotties.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 am

OAN has some lunatics. That's for sure.

Re hydroxychloroquine

The "study" touted by eCat, Crotch, et al, was cited for lacking peer review, controls, etc...you know...the fucking standards of scientific testing.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:32 am

give me a link - I can't find one anywhere that says the large scale Henry Ford study was cited for anything other than results.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:42 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:06 am

she dresses normally for a crazy person

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

An 8-year-old girl was shot and killed Saturday night in Atlanta near the Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks died last month.

Police identified the child Sunday as Secoriea Turner.

Officers said they responded to a 911 call near University Avenue and I-75/I-85 around 9:50 p.m. The location of the shooting was in a parking lot across the street from the now burned-out Wendy’s, which has been occupied by demonstrators since Brooks’ death at the hands of an Atlanta police officer.

Police said Turner was riding in a car with her mother and her mother’s friend when they exited the interstate at University Avenue. The driver tried to turn into the parking lot at 1238 Pryor Road when he was confronted by an “group of armed individuals” who had blocked the entrance.

“At some point, someone in that group opened fire on the vehicle, striking it multiple times and striking the child who was inside. The driver then drove to Atlanta Medical Center for help,” police said in a statement.

Police said the 911 caller told them they were heading to Atlanta Medical Center with the victim. The child died at the hospital.

On Sunday night, Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms blasted protesters who had turned violent.

“You cant blame this on a police officer. You can’t say this about criminal justice reform,” Bottoms said. “This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an 8-year-old baby in the car for what?!?

“Enough is enough,” Bottoms continued. “If you want people to take us seriously and you don’t want us to lose this movement, we can’t lose each other.”
-----------------------------------

I guess I was ahead of the curve. I didn't take them seriously from the start.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:17 am

and here's another bright note about New York from the daily mail

How Covid-19, BLM protests and a liberal mayor are turning the city into a no-go zone as murders skyrocket, shops are looted and 500,000 middle-class residents flee

The number of shooting victims has gone up 51 per cent to 616 this year in NYC
In June, there were 250 shootings compared to 97 in the same month in 2019
Many blame New York’s mayor, Bill de Blasio, who has slashed police funding
New York state has suffered the highest coronavirus death toll in America

This is lawless New York – a city that was once America’s glittering crown jewel but which risks descending into mob rule.

Murder figures have skyrocketed and a combination of the coronavirus pandemic, Black Lives Matter (BLM) protests and weak political leadership is in danger of achieving what Osama Bin Laden never could: bringing the Big Apple to its knees.

The scenes described above took place last weekend. Chioke Thompson, 23, and his friend Stephanie Perkins, 39, had been gunned down on the steps of Chioke’s Brooklyn home. His schoolteacher mum Sophia wept as she said: ‘Even as he died, he was trying to shield her with his body. It makes no sense. Neither of them did anything wrong.’

With the gunman still on the loose and their families insisting neither victim had any links to drugs or gangs, the pair appear to be the latest grim statistics in a crimewave sweeping the city.

-------------------------

As BLM continues to pressure weak Mayors to defund the police, more black lives will be lost.

for whatever reason, a black life killed by another black life isn't as important as a black life killed by a white one, even though its about a 10:1 ratio (or worse).

And the obvious solution is to decrease the black on black crime within their own community and the net result is police brutality decreases.

They aren't interested in doing that for whatever reason.

This is why all the protesting and rioting isn't going to change jack shit. Within 3 years the pendulum will swing and mayors will be pressured (or voted out due to crime) to fund the police, increase their presence in the black community and demand to see an increase in arrests.

and there will be more George Floyds - and no one will give a flying fuck about all the blacks that will have died since the start of this except their immediate families. The hundreds of blacks that will have died - and that is the real tragedy in all this.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 am

and its not happening in isolation

In all, nine children under 18 have been killed since June 20 as Chicago reels from another wave of gun violence. The last two were killed on Saturday evening. A 14-year-old boy was shot to death on Chicago’s South Side. A seven-year-old girl was struck in the forehead by a bullet when three gunmen opened fire on a July 4 street party on the city’s West Side, police said.

“The Windy City is becoming the Bloody City,” said the Rev. Michael L. Pfleger of Saint Sabina Church, calling it the worst period in the 45 years he has worked on social issues. “I have never seen the despair, hopelessness and anger all mixed together at the level it is right now.”

The violence comes amid a wrenching debate nationwide about policing in the wake of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis at the hands of police. Those who defend the police say that the violence shows they need more support, not less, and that it is people living in high-crime areas who most need effective policing. Critics say the violence shows how police are failing the public, how deeply residents distrust officers and the need for reforms and the transfer of funds to address underlying problems, including unemployment, mental illness and drug use.

At least 336 people have been murdered in Chicago through July 2 of this year, according to the Chicago Police Department, a homicide rate on track to hit the 2016 record of 778 deaths. (New York City, with almost three times the population, had 176 murders as of June 28.)

Chicago had 658 murders in 2017, 567 in 2018 and 492 in 2019, according to Chicago police records.

Ahead of the July 4 weekend, Mayor Lori Lightfoot made an appeal to young men, who she said were responsible for the bulk of the shootings. “Think about the number of children that have been killed just in the last two weeks,” she said at a news conference. “Families that will not recover from this hardship. Mothers’ hearts that are broken, fathers’ hearts that are destroyed, grandparents who are living in mourning.”

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:26 am

As the uptick in violent crime continues in the city of Minneapolis, leaders are talking about how they could calm some of the unrest.

They announced a series of closed-door "emergency meetings" with community members and violence experts, as the city continues to see an uptick in violent crime.

"Tensions are high right now in our city, and unfortunately that results in violence," said Sasha Cotton, director at Minneapolis Office of Violence Prevention.

The increased number of violent crime in Minneapolis is stark. Year-to-date, there have been 27 homicides reported in Minneapolis, compared to the 15 total people killed this time last year - and crime was up 70% in Minneapolis in 2019 to put that in context

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 pm

There were twice as many murders in NYC in 1931 than there were in 2018. From the late 60's thru the mid 90's, there were well over 1000 murders per year, most years closer to 2000 (a couple of years over 2000). In 1990 there were 2245 murders in NYC, after which that number decreased almost every year until 2018 when there were 289 murders in NYC. That's almost a 90% decrease in less than 30 years. Get back to me when we start approaching the numbers that were standard in NYC for decades. Or 1931 for that matter. Not saying it's OK or shouldn't be an issue of concern, but freaking out about general "lawlessness" when the numbers prove that NYC is actually far safer now than it's ever been is just a little disingenuous...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:28 pm

I'm sure the answer as to why crime went down is defunding the police.

And if NYC is so safe as you say, then BLM has little to complain about. It would seem police brutality is highly effective based on your numbers.