eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:20 pm

60% of all new COVID-19 cases in Ohio are between the ages of 20-30

I wonder what the average age of a protester is?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm

So this DC statehood plan, assuming they were able to ram this through without amending the Constitution, I can foresee some pretty hilarious chaotic results. They plan to shrink DC down to basically just the National Mall environs. The hilarious part is that presumably that leaves the White House as the only residence in DC. The 23rd amendment gives DC the same number of electoral votes as if it were a state. So imagine an election where Trump wins 270-267 and the winning margin is the fact that his and Melania's two votes are worth 3 full votes in the electoral college. Or in the future imagine an outgoing President swinging an election for his party. Or possibly most hilarious, imagine a President actually losing the DC general election among his family members.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:28 pm

I haven't heard anything about it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Jesus, this country is insane

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:12 pm

Why shouldn't DC have 2 senators?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Because its not a state?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:45 pm

Washington is too small to be a state. I know there are tiny population states already, but those places do administer large areas and in 2020 we should not be creating more of them. I am pro statehood for Puerto Rico, but if Washington DC residents need state level representation then they/we should work toward retrocession to Maryland if anything.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Retrocession? Treason!!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:38 pm

The LA metro area would be the 5th most populous state in America...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:04 am

The Lincoln Project video wrt Trump's inaction regarding Russian bounties on US servicemen in Afghanistan.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 am

I haven't really though much about this but this is the second article in 3 days I have read on mail in voter fraud. The first article was about a postal employee dumping mailers from a candidate she didn't like..................

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal filed voter fraud charges Thursday against two Paterson city officials who allegedly engaged in a mail-in ballot scheme in connection to a special election in May.

Grewal levelled the charges against Paterson City Councilman Michael Jackson, Councilman-Elect Alex Mendez, and two other men after the Postal Inspection Service warned Grewal’s office that hundreds of mail-in ballots were found in a Paterson mailbox, InsiderNJ reported Thursday.

The attorney general’s Office of Public Integrity & Accountability (OPIA) began a probe after the Postal Inspection Service issued the warning. Paterson authorities decided to conduct the May 12 special election through mail-in ballots due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has reportedly killed more than 124,000 people in the U.S.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:27 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm

I see Biden is leading all 6 major states. The same Trump won to win his only term. I told you guys a year ago the Republicans needed to have a backup plan to Trump for this election. You laughed. Look who's laughing now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:22 pm

It's not just the Russians. It's his own people he'd rather sacrifice because he is afraid of being remembered as a one term loser. That's his biggest fear.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:16 pm

So let's see. Crotch ran. Prof was in the trailer behind him. E keeps defecting and sardis has tourettes. Been a fun month.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 pm

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:21 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:45 am "will you feel the same way when RBG dies and is replaced by a conservative and then the 9th Circuit as it becomes more conservative and SCOTUS are in alignment with my interpretation of immigration as opposed to yours?"

I already told you I didn't have any problems with the Supreme Court's ruling on this. Hate to say it, but I really don't care much about immigration issues one way or the other. I'm sure it's something I should be concerned with or at least have some sort of opinion on, but I don't. I did admit that on some issues I have the same type of emotional response that you are displaying on this issue, but they are (and I don't think this is going to come as a shock to you) more along the lines of drugs laws than anything else. I view it as rank hypocrisy that somebody like Scalia, who pretended to be such a strict constitutionalist, would reject any and every marijuana suit for the absolutely stupid reason that he was just an old fart who didn't think drugs were good for people.

I've cited it before, but I actually admire Thomas b/c of his dissent in some marijuana case in which he said (I'm paraphrasing here, but not by much) it would be unthinkable that the Founders could even conceive that the use of marijuana could be made illegal. Call it an uninnumerated right or whatever, but based on that alone, I have thought that I can live with pretty much any decision Thomas makes b/c I trust that he's truly judging by the what he sees as the legal justifications of the case, even though on an emotional and ideological level I would guess that I disagree with him 90% of the time...
Thomas hasn't been much help to my profession....

Scalia on the other hand was a stickler for enforcing the Fourth and Fifth Amendments provided counsel had properly preserved state and federal issues at trial and during the appellate process.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:04 am

Sacha Baron Cohen Infiltrates Far-Right Rally Pretending to Be Racist Country Singer

Cohen leads a sing-along about injecting Barack Obama and Dr. Anthony Fauci with the "Wuhan Flu"

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/06/ ... cajdETbVaI

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 am

With a wave of crises crashing across the U.S., more than 40,000 Illinoisans applied for a gun permit in a little more than two weeks this month, more than 500 percent over last year, says the Illinois State Police. Gun sales are soaring at Mark Glavin’s shop in Elgin, from an average of 10 a day last year to as many as 200 a day this year. With so many gun purchases, he said, ammunition also can be hard to find. “Take a full glass of coronavirus, shake in a shot of riots and another of this defund police notion, and everything goes crazy,” Glavin, owner of Fox Valley Shooting Range, tells the Chicago Tribune. “Not to mention the backlog on background checks.”

The mandatory 72-hour background check — required by the state before getting a gun — has stretched to more than a week for some of his customers. From June 1 to June 17, there were more than 42,000 applications for FOID cards, compared with about 7,000 during the same time last year, a 501 percent increase. “We know that traditionally there’s an uptick in gun purchases around elections and major tragedies,” said Noam Ostrander, an associate professor of social work at DePaul University who has worked extensively with victims of gun violence and police brutality in Chicago. “There’s two big predictors of gun ownership … perceived risk of victimization and then a belief that the world is a dangerous place …the world does look like a dangerous place right now.”

Dan Eldridge, owner of Maxon Shooter’s Supplies and Range in Des Plaines, said nearly half the customers clamoring for appointments these days appear to be first-time buyers. He said a survey by the National Shooting Sports Foundation found that 40 percent of buyers were first-time purchasers and 40 percent of those were women.

------------------------------------------

500% increase .........good job BLM. another goal met in saving Black Lives, more white people buying guns.