Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:01 am

Nothing like the colored's in the south side of Chicago getting riled up to send every redneck in every redneck state running to the gun store...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:05 am

Still laughing at Trumps speach yesterday.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:49 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:54 am

Should be crotchs ringtone

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:08 am

I didn't realize how well ol' Mitch had done for himself in DC...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 am

Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:37 am

Prof used them too

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:49 pm

hedge wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 am Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Everyone in SC knows he is gay. Everyone at the law school joked about it. He was around from time to time because his two law school roommates and best friends worked there (a dean and tenured professor)
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:15 pm

hedge wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:01 am Nothing like the colored's in the south side of Chicago getting riled up to send every redneck in every redneck state running to the gun store...

like Yucaipa California

https://leakreality.com/video/2816/anti ... nd-in-cali
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:39 pm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:38 pm

Weird how theres like riots and clashes with police in London over this whole Minneapolis PD thing. I mean, its almost like this isn’t really about policing or local issues at all...
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:48 pm

I see Crotch has been using his time in isolation profitably...

Farmers paint cow to look like tiger after watching 'Tiger King'

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/farme ... tiger-king

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Heh

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:47 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:49 pm
hedge wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:29 am Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Everyone in SC knows he is gay. Everyone at the law school joked about it. He was around from time to time because his two law school roommates and best friends worked there (a dean and tenured professor)
Yeah, it’s obvious he’s gay.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:34 pm

What's your excuse?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:26 am

The Minneapolis mayor has done everything to suck up to the protestors, but not enough...it’s never enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... e.amp.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:50 am

abolish the police department and let the communities that can afford private security pay for it, the ones that cannot can police themselves.

24 months later those same communities that want police abolished would be crying out for police protection, not from the random criminal, but the criminal element that has taken over. Society requires structure and in the void of police, a gang like the 1-9's will step in.

Maybe they need 24 months of life without police, to see drug, extortion, violence and murder rise, while the communities out in the burbs step up enforcement of monitoring people from non policed communities.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:00 am

Imagine this without police.....

--------------------

27 people were killed and at least 65 others were wounded by gun violence in Chicago's most violent weekend of the year so far, which also saw widespread protests, riots and looting throughout the city in the wake of the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd.

More than half of the weekend's victims were shot on Sunday as the city reeled from violent protests Saturday night that led to hundreds of arrests and the implementation of a curfew.

The latest fatal shooting happened Sunday night in West Garfield Park on the West Side.

Officers responding to a ShotSpotter alert for gunfire found the 18-year-old shot in the right side of her head at 10:51 p.m. in the 4200 block of West Van Buren Street, according to Chicago police. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

------
the article continues with a breakdown of everyone shot, none of them by police

------------------

At least 50 other people were hurt by gun violence across Chicago between 5 p.m. Friday and 5 a.m. Monday.

Last weekend, Chicago saw its deadliest Memorial Day weekend in five years with 10 shot dead and 39 others wounded.
----------------

Its so bad that they have installed "shotspotter" - remote devices that monitor for gunshots. Its not if but when shooting will occur in these areas.

Now imagine being a policeman in that environment and you're tasked to stop it.

Now imagine being a policemen in Minneapolis, that has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

by all means, lets abolish the police.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:40 am

"24 months later those same communities that want police abolished would be crying out for police protection, not from the random criminal, but the criminal element that has taken over."

Do you consider the death of George Floyd a crime?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 am

yes, and the police were fired and brought up on charges in the course of a few days. Chances are at least 3 of them are going to go to jail where they'll need to be protected 24/7 from hundreds of people that want to kill them for multiple years of their lives.

but no one who studies the statistics will say that this is a case of continual police brutality. The statistics bear out that blacks are not targeted any more than whites in regards to shootings and abuse, and that given the rate of crime in these cities, death by police is certainly within the margins of being expected.

the issue here is not George Floyd, its a combination of their irrational hatred for Donald Trump and being couped up for 3 months during record unemployment. George Floyd is the excuse, not the reason. These riots are in a sense happening because its not 2015.

You won't see media reporting on police shooting white males at a nearly 2:1 ratio of blacks because white people don't riot. People don't tune into the news when white trash gets shots by a cop. Non white trash people say "he was stupid for fucking with the police" and they move on. For whatever reason saying a black guy was stupid for fucking with the police is tantamount to endorsing slavery, and I'm not going to cave to the pressure of avoiding the elephant in the room which is when you have cops constantly interacting with blacks at a much higher percentage than white due to crime, you're going to have George Floyd incidents. You have them with white people too, but no one takes out a camera and starts screaming police brutality when a cop takes a baton upside a mouthy white guy. Its got to the point that once the perception of police brutality against a black person has occurred, then regardless of what the evidence shows, its completely dismissed. The narrative from the 40 second video clip is the only evidence.

That's why I have no tolerance for the rioting, and while I'm perfectly OK with protesting, its not going to change a damn thing. The people out there protesting don't have a plan, they have a cardboard sign. I saw the UK coach put on a black lives matter shirt and lead a march to the courthouse with his players, and he gave a rousing speech about "I'm no longer on the bench, its time to get in the game" and that was the extent of his efforts to honor George Floyd. This is about taking a selfie and putting it out on social media to show how woke you are, and how you are out there doing something to change the world.

He isn't going to move to Northland or Duncan Park, he isn't going to send his kids to a city school. He is going to go home to his gated community where everyone looks like him and then make his millions from recruiting and coaching impoverished black kids, and stand in front of the camera patting himself on the back for invoking change in "his community".

The hypocrisy in all this is maddening.

Some guy writing an article in the guardian telling Trump that the looting was justified because of his racism.

before the pandemic, African Americans enjoyed the highest employment rating in their history

and every one of these cities burning due to police brutality have been electing democrats - the Mayors - who tell the police chief what to do, many of them African American themselves - not just recently but for decades ;yet it is Donald Trump in his 3 years of office while delivering the best economic prosperity in their lifetime that is to blame for police brutality

yea, I gotta say, fuck those people.

one could argue the real crime is how many people have died in the name of George Floyd since his death (or perhaps more appropriately, Air Nikes and Flat Screen TVs)