eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:40 pm

Beginning March 10

For the vast majority of New Yorkers, life is going on pretty normally right now,” Bill de Blasio said on Morning Joe March 10, as the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. topped 1,000. “We want to encourage that.” He added that there was a “misperception” that the disease “hangs in the air waiting to catch you. No, it takes direct person-to-person contact.”

He pledged to keep schools open, even if someone at any given school was found to have contracted the disease, saying that they would take a day to isolate the sick and clean the school before getting it back up and running. “If you’re under 50 and you’re healthy, which is most New Yorkers, there’s very little threat here.”

Three days later, facing (to use a favorite de Blasio-ism) “a very different reality,” including a growing outcry from parents and from his own public-health officials, some of whom threatened to quit if he didn’t shutter schools and start taking the outbreak more seriously, New York City public schools were officially closed, probably for the rest of the school year.

Shortly thereafter, he declined to cancel St. Patrick’s Day parade and then did. He resisted calls to cancel regular street sweeping and then did. He had a photo op at a 311 call center, where he told a caller who had just returned from Italy that she did not need to self-quarantine, advice that forced 311 to actually call the woman back and tell her to stay inside for 14 days. The mayor touted the city’s new, wide-scale testing capacity, only to have his Health Department announce that only hospitalized patients should be tested. He tweeted at Elon Musk to supply the city with ventilators. When a New York Times reporter wrote of his own gut-wrenching story about contracting COVID-19 and being unable to get help, a top mayoral aide chastised him online for seeking help at all rather than just getting better at home. And the mayor himself told a radio host that people who don’t display symptoms can’t transmit the disease, an assertion that contradicts information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Friday March 27
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Friday that he was considering imposing $500 fines to people who do not comply with the social distancing rules that are in place.

He warned that anyone who did not move along after being told by an NYPD officer to could be subjected to a fine, after scores were seen ignoring public health guidance to gather together in parks and playgrounds last weekend.

At the moment, New Yorkers are allowed outside and to visit stores but they are being asked not to leave their homes if they can avoid it.

Certain main streets - like Park Avenue - have been closed in part to allow people to walk without having to be too close to each other on the sidewalk.

-----------------

If we don't see a peak in the next 2 weeks, we're going to be on a national lock down
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Crotch lives in a cartoon world...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Was listening to the internet police scanner Broadcastify last night around midnight to NYC, Chicago and Los Angeles. Things were pretty quiet in NY but the scanner was lit in LA. Some guy with a hatchet was assaulting people in Pacific Division and a car chase involving a black Dodge Charger was going on in the South LA Division. Hear a female officer screaming for backup for the hatchet guy. Check it out tonight if you have nothing better to do. Some good listening.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm

wife told me DeWine is telling schools to expect to be back May 4.

I guess that is an aspiration. I hope its the case but I don't see it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 pm

As long as the NFL starts on time I'm good.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Completely describes crotch, prof and the whole mentally that is poisoning our once great country. They won't read it though exactly as this article says they won't.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ps-support?#_=_

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm Completely describes crotch, prof and the whole mentally that is poisoning our once great country.

Gotta give you credit, Rat. You funny. Really made me laugh. Thanx..... and you're right, I didn't read it.... but like I said, you funny. Makes me happy to know I'm always on your mind.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am

Fox News Anticipates Lawsuits for Downplaying the COVID-19 Crisis
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-rep ... 30961.html
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:22 am

sardis wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:08 pm I wonder if this virus will reverse the long trend of people moving to crowded urban areas. Seems those are the areas that are hit hardest.
Posted this a week ago, and then I read this this morning. Seems there may be a trend away from populous cities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

We bought a place up in the mountains of NC in December before all this happened. Since all my kids are now working or studying remote we were planning on hanging out up there this weekend through next. Then we see this....

https://plateaudailynews.com/2020/03/30 ... -visitors/

Which is odd. Not a problem for my oldest who works 3.5 hours away in WS since he's a NC resident, but a problem for us who just live over the border an hour away in SC.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 am

I'm really interested in how this whole thing about arresting pastors of churches is going to go

Is there something in the constitution that public safety overrides

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That's not a 2A ambiguity kind of thing, its pretty clear.

now for the record, I think these people are being life threatening irresponsible, and there is some precedent about the health of a child being forefront over religious principles, but in the eyes of the constitution is there really a difference between a corona virus and say a political agenda that vehemently disagrees with what that religion stands for? I don't think there is.

Maybe you could argue that no one is stopping these people from peaceably assembling, they just have to assemble at CDC guidelines - but that is still congress making a law that does not respect the free exercise thereof.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:56 am

crotch wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:46 pm Completely describes crotch, prof and the whole mentally that is poisoning our once great country.

Gotta give you credit, Rat. You funny. Really made me laugh. Thanx..... and you're right, I didn't read it.... but like I said, you funny. Makes me happy to know I'm always on your mind.
You're an idiot. Of course you didn't read it. You can't handle the truth. On my mind. Heh. Have you seen all your posts? Too funny

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:09 am

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

It doesn't say they can't make a law disrespecting an establishment of religion. Let disrespection reign...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 am

Looking at these thread topics, I can see why Prof is an Auburn fan...

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/bo ... tr-104012/

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:38 am

At yesterday's "briefing", shortly after claiming he knew more about South Korea than anybody, Trump said Seoul had a population of 38 million. The actual figure is less than 10 million. Granted, he was probably referring to the greater metro area, which is fair, but even that is only 25 million, so he inflated the real number by over 50% (and people wonder if he'd ever inaccurately inflate his wealth. Actually, I don't think many people wonder about that at all, they know he does). I did see that the elevation of Seoul was 38 meters above sea level , maybe Trumpy saw "38 m" and just assumed that was the population. But irregarless, he knows South Korea better than anyone...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:47 am

Dementia is a bitch

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:07 pm

hedge wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

saw this pearl down in the comments:

"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 pm

What is the P.T. Barnum quote? Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public...