Post by crotch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 am

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:34 am

Why is this hydroxychloroquine stuff suddenly political? They're gonna have to scratch "my body my choice!" and "its between patient and doctor!" etc off of the slogan list. We're headed to great depression 2, but all these cocksuckers are worried about proving some random medical blather that the president said is wrong and leveraging it politically?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:38 am

Guarantee the fucksticks all have prescription opioid funded war chests too, but "Oh something bad may come of this hydroxycloroquine! The President! blarg, ablarg, agargle"
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:02 am

and people want the government running socialized medicine.........
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm

Good article:

"When tested by the fire of crisis, Trump showed us what he's always been: a weak, spoiled, intellectually vacant conman who has stumbled through a life of betrayal and failure papered over by bullshit and public relations. The media image from The Apprentice that hypnotized so many Trump voters was always the product of Mark Burnett's writers' room, not reality. The bold leader was a teleprompter confection, a D-grade celebrity playing a C-grade CEO in a reality show."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/you-cheer ... ref=scroll
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 pm

"Guarantee the fucksticks all have prescription opioid funded war chests too"

Needless to say, I wish I had a prescription (or non-prescription) opioid ward chest, but I don't think that's what you meant. What did you mean?

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:50 pm

eCat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:02 am and people want the government running socialized medicine.........
Wait. By it's very definition, socialized medicine IS run by the government.

Reminds me of "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!"
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:51 pm

bluetick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:50 pm
eCat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:02 am and people want the government running socialized medicine.........
Wait. By it's very definition, socialized medicine IS run by the government.

Reminds me of "Keep your government hands off my Medicare!"
it would
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:54 pm

apparently part of the reasoning is people are hoarding it and physicians are giving it out to their family and friends in large quantities.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't go after those specific people as opposed to working some blanket statement that makes it appear that you want to limit access for everyone based on scientific reasons.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:54 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm Good article:

"When tested by the fire of crisis, Trump showed us what he's always been: a weak, spoiled, intellectually vacant conman who has stumbled through a life of betrayal and failure papered over by bullshit and public relations. The media image from The Apprentice that hypnotized so many Trump voters was always the product of Mark Burnett's writers' room, not reality. The bold leader was a teleprompter confection, a D-grade celebrity playing a C-grade CEO in a reality show."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/you-cheer ... ref=scroll
and he's never been more popular

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Yep, people tend to rally around the flag, and therefor the president, in times of national crisis, and yet Trump only has a 60% approval rating over his handling of CV, and still only a 45.8% approval rating overall, according to FiveThirtyEight's aggregate of polls. Amazing. But evidently you are correct, he's hovering at almost 5 points under half of the nation approving of him, and even that is "never more popular" than he's ever been. Stellar...

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... id=rrpromo

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:02 pm

Scroll down on that link and check out Bush's approval right around 9/11. Bush wasn't even that popular before 9/11 (it goes without saying, of course, that he was still far more popular than Trump has ever been, even now with his corona bump), but he jumped to almost 90% after 9/11. In other words, roughly twice as popular as Trump is now. Just face it, Trump is the most hated president in US history. Well-deserved and well-earned (pretty much the only thing he's ever earned on his own)...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm

.....pure idiot

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:20 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:02 pm Scroll down on that link and check out Bush's approval right around 9/11. Bush wasn't even that popular before 9/11 (it goes without saying, of course, that he was still far more popular than Trump has ever been, even now with his corona bump), but he jumped to almost 90% after 9/11. In other words, roughly twice as popular as Trump is now. Just face it, Trump is the most hated president in US history. Well-deserved and well-earned (pretty much the only thing he's ever earned on his own)...
its really going to be sad if Biden can't beat him then isn't it?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes, but not as sad as if somebody with Stage 4 Alzheimer's beats Trump. If that happens, will you admit that Trump is the most hated president in US history?

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:23 pm

By QUINT FORGEY

03/27/2020 08:36 AM EDT

A majority of Americans approve of President Donald Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new survey, although an even larger number say he acted too slowly to halt the public health crisis in its early days.

An ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Friday reports that 51 percent of respondents view Trump's management of the outbreak in the United States favorably, with 36 percent approving strongly and 15 percent approving somewhat.

Less than half of those surveyed, 45 percent, gave the president negative marks for his response efforts, with 36 percent disapproving strongly and 8 percent disapproving somewhat. Four percent had no opinion.

However, 58 percent of Americans said Trump was initially "too slow to take action to address the problem," while 38 percent said he "acted with the right amount of speed" and 4 percent had no opinion on the issue.

Trump was widely criticized as the deadly outbreak first began spreading in the U.S. for repeatedly minimizing its threat to the country. His administration has struggled to mount a comprehensive testing operation to better thwart the rapid spread of infection.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

58%?? Is that all? Why is it that 40% of Americans are perpetually dumber than a hammer? "Democrat/media hoax....15 cases to zero...over by April." He got classified briefings that detailed the seriousness in mid-January, ffs...and waited until March 7th to act. Do ya think some people just outright lie to these pollsters?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm Yes, but not as sad as if somebody with Stage 4 Alzheimer's beats Trump. If that happens, will you admit that Trump is the most hated president in US history?

no

I think it speaks volumes about the people that make up this country and what they think defines leadership

look, Trump is a very very flawed human being. I didn't vote for Trump because I think he someone that I want to be friends with. He is narcissistic,, he is an asshole, he cheats on his wife, and he probably screws over 80% of the people that he works with.

That said, his messaging was on point and for the most part, he has tried to deliver on his campaign promises.

That's all I can ask from a president. I wanted a president that wanted to shut down immigration, I wanted a president that would pull us out of wars, I wanted a president that would call out all the hyprocrisy in Washington, and as a side benefit, he has turned the news media into whining crybabies or worse, exposing themselves as the agenda driven liberals they always denied they were. Added bonus for also showing Washington was capable of trying to pull a legislative coup from the judicial and legislative branches of government. Trump was also responsible for the expedited retirement of politicians who were mailing it in just to collect lobbyist money.

You guys get so hung up on his twitter, him being petty and picking fights, exaggerating or outright lying, all this personality horseshit that doesn't translate to jack about whether he is an effective president or not - and worse you think that people who support him are idiots because we can't see it.

No matter how many times we tell you we see it, and we just don't care, but every 10 days or so you guys just do a brain dump and go back to "why can't you see this guy is bad person?!?!?"

the answer is, we do, but he is doing things we want him to do in Washington.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm

ECat nails it.
bluetick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 am Sometimes I think prof is more defensive about Trump's image than even the orange-tinted man himself. There's something going on there that is...kinda creepy.
Nah. The media, the Democrats, and three posters around here rant and rave about Trump 24/7. I defend him here an average of once or twice a day.

You think that’s too much?

I post about things other than Trump. I also post about Biden. Here is a name that will soon become a household word: Tara Reade. That is, unless the media continues their strenuous efforts to hide that bit of news.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden