Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:23 am

Here's a good article, from 1997, about the Spanish flu of 1918...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1997 ... CX8YQsd0t8
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:09 am

Local Oklahoma blog

First came the panic buying of hand sanitizer. Then, people panic bought toilet paper. Now, food shelves are emptying and firearm and ammunition sales are through the roof. The COVID19 outbreak might be bad for the stock market, but it’s certainly been a boon for very specific sectors of the economy. The gun industry, used to such boom/bust cycles, knows how to respond – but other sectors might not be so acclimated.

At Omaha Outdoors, they’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if they can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home.

What you’ll need to do to buy a gun from them is order it on our online store and select an FFL, a federally licensed firearm dealer, during the online checkout process. They ship the gun to the dealer near you – presuming the firearm and its accessories are legal in your area – and you visit the dealer to fill out the required ATF Form 4473 and undergo the federal and any applicable state background checks. Some states might require a waiting period
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:44 am

meanwhile in Florida

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:46 am

I'm still at a loss to hear anything from anyone on what Trump should have done to stop the stock market slide
The reason you haven't heard anything from anyone what Trump could have done about the stock market or coronavirus is there is nothing could have done about the stock market or the coronavirus. They all secretly believe Trump created the coronavirus and stock market plunge on orders from the Russians.

Whenever you see a Democrat or media talking head talk, you know beforehand that what they will say: everything that is bad is Trump's fault. That's just the lunatic Trump Derangement Syndrome at work. That's all you need to know.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am

You're a fool. If Trump took it seriously at the beginning instead of claiming its a democratic hoax and telling people it's ok to go to work it wouldn't be as bad.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:58 am

Amazon Suspending All Shipments to Its Warehouses Other Than Medical Supplies and Household Staples Amid Coronavirus Crisis
-------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon is suspending all shipments of non-essential items to its warehouses as the coronavirus crisis gets worse, according to a report by Business Insider. On Tuesday, the company announced that it is prioritizing medical supplies, household staples and other high-demand products for the global pandemic until April 5. This comes after a significant surge in orders during the recommended social-distancing period for many.

Amazon is reportedly blocking sellers from shipping products deemed non-essential to its warehouses for the next few weeks. The online retailer sent out an email to vendors on Tuesday, saying that it would only accept "high-demand products" due to the coronavirus crisis.

"We are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock and deliver these products to customers," the email read.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:01 pm

It is a serious issue, but the level of economic suicide the world is committing over this is fascinating.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:40 pm

I wish you would commit suicide over this, which would also be fascinating...

Also, sadly, it looks like Prof didn't die from the coronavirus...

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:51 pm

This will no doubt be a blow to the fake news pushers here at TGP. I give the governor credit, even though he hates Trump, to be man enough to speak the truth. Wish a few here at the Pen were man enough to give Trump the credit he deserves. Would make for a more enjoyable place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:08 pm

LOL! You are an idiot

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:25 pm

People are going batshit crazy over this. It's fucking ridiculous.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Wow.....even Hedge's favorite Trump hating news channel is now giving Trump credit for being a great leader during this crisis.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Wow is right. 2 whole days of him not being an asshole. He's probably going through withdrawal. He knows when he's been whipped good.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:37 pm

These are the kind of morons crotch lives and dies by.

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronaviru ... e7SXloGNuc

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Timeline of Obama's reaction to H1N1 in 2009, dates and text according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_ ... c_timeline

(Unless some of you think that the Russians have put false information on wiki, all part of the Trump Russia Collusion. That would be normal for some of you.)

April 21
United States United States The CDC alerts physicians to a similar novel strain of swine influenza A(H1N1) in two cases from Southern California in a Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Early Release on its website.[28] Local investigations, including investigations in Texas, are already underway, and overall surveillance is enhanced.[9][29] The Associated Press covers the alert, the first mention of the A(H1N1) outbreak in English-language news media.

April 25
World Health Organization WHO Under the International Health Regulations (IHR), the Emergency Committee convenes for the first time since its establishment in 2007,[34] resulting in the WHO Director-General declaring a formal "public health emergency of international concern,"[35][36] (PHEIC),[37] the first ever. [No Obama action.]

April 27 [7 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
World Health Organization WHO The Emergency Committee meets for the second time. The WHO Director-General issues a statement that containment of the outbreak is not feasible, and elevates the pandemic alert from Phase 3 to Phase 4.[41] [No Obama action yet.]

April 29 [9 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
United States First death outside Mexico, a 23-month-old Mexican child hospitalized in Texas.[61] Ninety-one confirmed cases in the US to date [No Obama action yet.]

May 2 [12 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
United States There are more than 430 school closures in 18 states.[83] CDC FluView Week 17: Widespread activity in seven states, regional activity in 12. [No Obama action yet.]

May 3 [13 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
WHO As of 0600 GMT, 17 countries have officially reported 787 cases of (A)H1N1. [No Obama action yet.]

June 6 [47 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 22: Widespread influenza activity in eight states, regional activity in nine. "Approximately 89% of all influenza viruses being reported to CDC were novel influenza A (H1N1) viruses."[232] No Obama action yet. [No Obama action yet.]

June 13 [54 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
Widespread influenza activity in eleven states, regional activity in six. "Over 98% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were pandemic influenza A (H1N1) viruses." [No Obama action yet.]

June 24 [64 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 24: Widespread influenza activity in twelve states, regional activity in seven. "Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were pandemic influenza A (H1N1) viruses. [No Obama action yet.]

July 4 [2 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 26: Widespread influenza activity in nine states, regional influenza activity in 12. "Over 97% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were novel influenza A (H1N1) viruses. [No Obama action yet.]

July 18 [74 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 28: Widespread influenza activity in seven states, regional activity in 13. "Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were novel influenza A (H1N1) viruses. [No Obama action yet.]

July 29 [99 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
United States The U.S. military wants to establish regional teams of military personnel to assist civilian authorities in the event of a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus this fall, according to Defense Department officials. [No Obama action yet.]

August 8 109 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
United States CDC FluView Week 31: Widespread influenza activity in four states, regional activity in 10. [No Obama action yet.]

August 22 [123 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 33: Widespread influenza activity in two states, regional activity in 13. Activity appears to be increasing in the Southeast. No [No Obama action yet.]

September 3 [133 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
The CDC in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report[387] notes that 67% of thirty-six children who have died from H1N1 early in the epidemic had at least one serious chronic medical condition, with neurodevelopmental conditions such as developmental delay, epilepsy, and cerebral palsy being especially prominent.[388] Roughly one in thirteen deaths have been of school-age children. More than 80% of the children who died were five or older, in contrast with the seasonal flu baseline of half or more of the influenza fatalities being four or younger. [No Obama action yet.]

September 12 [142 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 36: Influenza activity continues to increase with widespread influenza activity in twenty-one states, regional influenza activity in nine. Seven of ten HHS Surveillance Regions report ILI activity above region-specific baselines. "99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses."[405] [No Obama action yet.]

September 25 [145 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
Forty-two schools are closed in eight states as the second wave of the pandemic begins in early autumn. [No Obama action yet.]

September 30 150 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"
46 states and Washington, D.C. begin ordering what becomes by the next day a cumulative total of 1,378,200 doses of the nasal-spray Live Attenuated Influenza Vaccine (LAIV)[427] for H1N1. N[No Obama action yet.]

October 3 [165 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 39: The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) reaches the epidemic threshold with eight out of ten HHS ILI regions reporting region-specific ILI activity above region-specific baseline levels. Widespread influenza activity in thirty-seven states, regional activity in 11. [No Obama action yet.]

October 10 [172 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
CDC FluView Week 40: The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) is officially above the epidemic threshold. Moreover, for the first time all 10 HHS ILI regions reported ILI above region-specific baseline levels. Widespread influenza activity in forty-one states, and regional activity in eight, with only one state—Hawaii—reporting local influenza activity. [No Obama action yet.]

October 16 [178 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]
An initial shortfall of swine flu vaccine is predicted shortly after the proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza goes above the epidemic threshold[444] in some states,[445] with flu activity widespread in 41 states.[446] It is also announced that the number cases, hospitalizations and deaths are unprecedented for this time of year, with flu-like illnesses accounting for 6.1% of all doctor visits, itself an unusually high number.[No Obama action yet.]

October 23 [185 days after WHO declares "Public Health Emergency of International Concern"]

President Barack Obama declares a national emergency, stating "The potential exists for the pandemic to overburden health care resources in some localities."

But yeah, Trump was slow in responding to the Caronavirus outbreak. Unlike Obama, who was johnny on the spot.

Next, I will compare Trump's timeline with caronavirus and Obama's with H1N1.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Professor..... don't try to confuse Rat with facts. The boy's brain can't process it.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 pm

"April 25
World Health Organization WHO Under the International Health Regulations (IHR), the Emergency Committee convenes for the first time since its establishment in 2007,[34] resulting in the WHO Director-General declaring a formal "public health emergency of international concern,"[35][36] (PHEIC),[37] the first ever. [No Obama action.]"

Ummm....

On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency.

Dr. Richard Besser, then-acting director of the CDC, confirmed to the press on the day of the U.S. declaration that there were 20 cases of H1N1 in the U.S., and that “all of the individuals in this country who have been identified as cases have recovered.”

The same day — April 26 — the CDC began releasing antiviral drugs to treat the H1N1 flu, and two days later, the FDA approved a new CDC test for the disease, according to a CDC timeline on the pandemic.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Damn, I was really hoping Prof was dead...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Sorry to disappoint you.
hedge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:32 pm "April 25
World Health Organization WHO Under the International Health Regulations (IHR), the Emergency Committee convenes for the first time since its establishment in 2007,[34] resulting in the WHO Director-General declaring a formal "public health emergency of international concern,"[35][36] (PHEIC),[37] the first ever. [No Obama action.]"

Ummm....

On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency.

Dr. Richard Besser, then-acting director of the CDC, confirmed to the press on the day of the U.S. declaration that there were 20 cases of H1N1 in the U.S., and that “all of the individuals in this country who have been identified as cases have recovered.”

The same day — April 26 — the CDC began releasing antiviral drugs to treat the H1N1 flu, and two days later, the FDA approved a new CDC test for the disease, according to a CDC timeline on the pandemic.
Not sure what fake news source you are quoting, but...
Obama declares swine flu a national emergency

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-flu- ... 9E20091024
Note the date, October 24. Lemme guess: the Russians changed the date of the Reuters story. Why do you lie hedge?