hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:56 am

"The bill for MAGA has come due"

The BEEEEEEUUUWWW has come DJJJJEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:58 am

"Yep, HRC still not president. Trump gets second term in November."

In that regard, here's another gem from the "bill has come due" guy:

Hillary Would Be Leading Us Right Now

Several times a day I meet or encounter people like you.

In a conversation about the unquestionably precarious days in this country; someone visibly disturbed by the facts being discussed, matter-of-factly tosses out those words; that sentence that sounds like the earworm of a woefully overplayed pop song, grating upon the ears every time you hear it:

“Well, Hillary would have been worse.”

This is abject nonsense, and if you’re saying it—you need to know how ridiculous you sound.

It’s a continuation of the same tired, misogynistic, bot-fueled, fake news fantasy-land, 2016 narrative, declaring that Donald Trump;
with his p*ssy-grabbing bravado,
xenophobic tirades,
truth allergies,
intellectual ignorance,
verbal diarrhea,
public bullying,
multiple bankruptcies, multiple wives, and multiple affairs—was somehow ever the “lesser of two evils” here.

The idea that Hillary Clinton would have been remotely capable of the kind of wanton recklessness, legislative overreach, and civil rights assaults we’re experiencing right now in America, is so far afield of reality it should come replete with unicorns, leprechauns, and a Trump popular vote victory.

Of course, those delivering such parallel universe prophecies, never have any specifics to offer about precisely how a Clinton Presidency would have eclipsed Trump’s in predatory behavior, political scandals, and legislative offenses—but that doesn’t prevent them from saying it with volume, authority, and repetition.

That’s because these people need to believe this myth, in order to protect themselves from their culpability in creating this national cancer, in launching this global joke of a Presidency, in doing such damage to so many people.

No, I don’t know with certainty what would be happening right now in a Hillary Clinton-led America, but I can tell you without hesitation what wouldn’t be happening:

Millions of sick and poor Americans wouldn’t have spent the past months fighting to not have their healthcare taken away and sabotaged by their Government.
Our environmental protections and national parks wouldn’t be quickly evaporating.
Thousands of kids wouldn’t be sleeping in cages, and there wouldn’t be ICE raids in hospitals rooms and church parking lots, and families of immigrants ripped apart without notice.
Christian extremists wouldn’t be legislating their prejudices around sex education, gender identity, science, and school prayer.
LGBTQ Americans wouldn’t be seeing their rights repealed and their voices not counted.
We wouldn’t be facing incessant rounds of Travel Bans designed to vilify people of color.
Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and Jeff Sessions wouldn’t have carte blanche to steamroll the will of the people.
Bigoted monsters like Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller wouldn’t have been allowed access to the White House or have had influence in our national trajectory.
Nuclear weapons wouldn’t be used in social media exchanges as penial substitutes.
Russia wouldn’t still be avoiding sanctions.

This is all really quite simple: Hillary Clinton wouldn’t have been capable of the malice and malpractice Donald Trump is capable of, simply because she’s a rational, level-headed, intelligent, articulate, faithful, compassionate human being—and he is none of those things.

She wouldn’t be having middle of the night Twitter rants.
She wouldn’t be using mass shootings to marginalize Muslims.
She wouldn’t be calling Nazis and racists “fine people.”
She wouldn’t be playing patty cake with Vladimir Putin. (He is terrified of her.)
She wouldn’t be attacking political opponent’s gender, national heritage, or physical characteristics.
She wouldn’t be emboldening racists to march through streets in the light of day.
She wouldn’t be leaving her response to mass shootings, to simply “thoughts and prayers” and more NRA coddling.
She wouldn’t be daily tripping over herself for praise and credit and affirmation, like some insecure middle schooler.
She wouldn’t still be holding rallies, in a desperate attempt to gather a choir of sycophants to shower her with adulation.
She wouldn’t be attacking the integrity of the Free Press, the FBI, or the Judiciary.
She wouldn’t be golfing hundreds of her days away at a property she was profiting from.
She wouldn’t be stumbling and shoving and faking away moments of international diplomacy, because she lacked basic knowledge of the issues or the ability to be decent.
She wouldn’t be trying to build a wall across our border that she’d lied about Mexico paying for.
She wouldn’t be talking about pee tapes and lying about trips to Russia and explaining payoffs to prostitutes.
She wouldn’t have had a revolving door Cabinet filled with white supremacists, creationists, and flat-earthers.
She wouldn’t be praising murderous Russian dictators and slandering the FBI.

Many of the people saying that Hillary Clinton would be doing anything remotely approaching the malevolence and incompetence of this President—are those who voted for him and realize what an unmitigated disaster he is. The only defense mechanism they have against that knowledge—is straining to believe our Government could somehow have been even more divisive; even more inept, even more racist, even more hostile to foreigners and the poor and the sick than it is now.

This of course, is an impossibility—and rational adults understand this.

Hillary Clinton wouldn’t have been a perfect President (no such President has ever existed)—but she would have been a President with dignity; one who worked hard, who studied carefully, who showed compassion for hurting people in times of crisis; one capable of restraint and empathy and reason. She would have put America first, not on website headers and rally banners—but in the way she protected all its people, in the way she celebrated its diversity, in the way she did her job.

So friend, you’re welcome to keep throwing out the fantastical, baseless, conversation-stopping assertion that Hillary Clinton would have been worse than the fast food dumpster fire you’ve helped set here.

Just know—that I don’t believe you.
I don’t believe you believe you.
I think we both know that you sound ridiculous.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Brutal.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Funny

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Wherever hedge found that. Good work.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Wipe your chin.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 pm

I'm still wondering why e posted that no President has ever been through this before when the Spanish flu hit in 1918. I'll bet it was handled better with what they had back then which wasn't much. Had we been in front of this instead of blowing it off and saying stupid shit like , this will go away. People can go to work with it I don't think it would have got this bad. Don't get me wrong, it was gonna be bad, but not like this and what's to come because our President blew it off. Shameful.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 am

My grandfather was an 18 year old coal miner during the influenza outbreak of 1918. Lost two siblings and his father to the epidemic, but the mine never shut down. People continued their everyday lives while the government did very little.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 am

There’s a silver lining to everything.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200313151928-n3bce

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 pm I'm still wondering why e posted that no President has ever been through this before when the Spanish flu hit in 1918. I'll bet it was handled better with what they had back then which wasn't much. Had we been in front of this instead of blowing it off and saying stupid shit like , this will go away. People can go to work with it I don't think it would have got this bad. Don't get me wrong, it was gonna be bad, but not like this and what's to come because our President blew it off. Shameful.
unless you're 102 years old I said in our lifetime you retarded fuck

and lets look at the numbers

The virus infected 500 million people worldwide and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims— that's more than all of the soldiers and civilians killed during World War I combined

and you're going to say whoever was president handled it better than Trump because you can't buy toilet paper at the local dollar general.

JFC
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:34 am

also for you Hilllary ass lickers

you have no idea what she'd be doing

This is the woman that ignored pleas for help in Benghazi and the State Department issued a report saying that Pakistan, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia all lacked emergency plan of attacks under her watch. The inspector general chided her for the state department not being able to account for $6 billion during her time there.

There is very little if any evidence that should make someone believe that Hillary Clinton is capable of leading this country in a crisis. What national crisis did even her husband handle while she was first lady? What global crisis did she handle well as Secretary of State? Syria? yea that turned out well.

so I'd definitely be one of the people thanking god that Hillary Clinton isn't president. Even democrats believe that based on the voting. Bernie Sanders lost more Michigan votes to Joe Biden where Biden conceded the state to him. Bernie won Michigan going away from Hillary, loses to Biden who spent a few thousand dollars in targeted ads and didn't even spend any noticeable time in the state - and we are seeing that play out across other states that were thought to have even a more liberal lean.

Democrats are saying in some states they would rather have a man suffering from the early stages of dementia as president over the man that beat Clinton 4 years before, but she is the person who should be leading us in a crisis.

Take that weak sauce Hillary Clinton would handle the crisis horseshit out of here.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:03 am

Hmmmm... Someone is starting to get testy. Go Trump!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:07 am

"Democrats are saying in some states they would rather have a man suffering from the early stages of dementia as president over the man that beat Clinton 4 years before, but she is the person who should be leading us in a crisis."

Um, we've been very well conditioned these past 3 years about a President with dementia.

Why you so mad bro?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 am

"unless you're 102 years old I said in our lifetime you retarded fuck"

So you are just dismissing crotch?

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:51 am

Associated Press
Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised
DEB RIECHMANN
Associated Press March 14, 2020, 12:29 AM EDT https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-disba ... 18715.html

Trump's elimination of the office suggested, along with his proposed budget cuts for the CDC, that he did not see the threat of pandemics in the same way that many experts in the field did. “One year later I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like COVID-19,” Beth Cameron, the first director of the unit, wrote in an op-ed Friday in The Washington Post.

She said the directorate was set up to be the “smoke alarm" and get ahead of emergencies and sound a warning at the earliest sign of fire — "all with the goal of avoiding a six-alarm fire."

It's impossible to assess the impact of the 2018 decision to disband the unit, she said. Cameron noted that biological experts remain at the White House, but she says it's clear that eliminating the office contributed to what she called a “sluggish domestic response.” She said that shortly before Trump took office, the unit was watching a rising number of cases in China of a deadly strain of the flu and a yellow fever outbreak in Angola.

“It's unclear whether the decision to disband the directorate, which was made in May 2018, after John Bolton became national security adviser, was a tactical move to downgrade the issue or whether it was part of the White House's interest in simplifying and shrinking the National Security Council staff," Cameron says.

The NSC during the Obama administration grew to about 250 professionals, according to Trump's current national security adviser, Robert O'Brien. The staff has been cut to about 110 or 115 staffers, he said.

When Trump was asked on Friday whether closing the NSC global health unit slowed the U.S. response, the president called it a “nasty” question because his administration had acted quickly and saved lives.

“I don't know anything about it,” Trump said.

Earlier, when asked about it, he said: “This is something that you can never really think is going to happen."
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:38 am

WINNING!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm

sardis wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 am There’s a silver lining to everything.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200313151928-n3bce
Maybe Mexico will end up paying for the wall, to keep infested Americans out of their country...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Damn, eCat, Kentucky is holding infectees under house arrest? Shitfire, the revolution is almost here!