Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:48 pm

1. I wonder why the radical leftists asked for Popeye’s and not Chik-Fil-A...

2. As Rat gives us a real time status report on the stock market, obviously being driven by the caronavirus, here’s a question: if a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one there to hear it, is everything bad in the world still all Trump’s fault?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Jesus, S&P dropped 65 points in the last 45 minutes of trading...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:13 pm

T&P for bluetick's wife's retirement accounts.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:23 pm

BREAKING:

CNN is reporting that Trump has been operating a secret lab bio-weapons lab in the basement of Trump Tower which created the caronavirus. Trump colluded with the Russians to unleash it on the Chinese as leverage for the US trade war against them.

MSNBC is reporting that the FBI and CIA have already launched an investigation into this explosive and game changing charge. The DOJ has secretly procured FISA warrants, and already has several human intelligence operatives in the White House to monitor the situation. Early indications are that these Carona-gate reports are not only true, but are merely the tip of the iceberg. The walls are closing in on the Trump administration. This is the beginning of the end of his presidency. He will be impeached before Super Tuesday. Mike Pence is already preparing to be sworn in.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:33 pm

It gapped down another 30 points in the first 10 minutes after the close...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Prof probably believes the market drop is either Hillarys or Obamas fault. Yeah. It's the viruses fault. Even your master said we have nothing to worry about. He just blamed it on the dems primary even though his speech was after the second day of huge losses

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:50 am

of course the Dems are loving this.

seriously, they are hoping this virus derails the economy..that's how shitty they are at the moment.

whether Trump is able to lead the nation in containing this or not, America needs unity on this, and without it, the markets will not respond to it, and people are going to panic as a result.

Trump is the president, at the moment there is no changing that. These democratic leaders need to present America with a show of support in a non partisan way.

I'm disgusted with them. American lives could be in danger
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 am

Sorry e but I completely disagree. The dems didn't fire a bunch of CDC people and then cut funding to build a wall. Trump did. The dems didn't appoint a chairman of the cornholio committee who doesn't believe in science and totally fucked up the hiv virus in Indiana. Trump did. Trump has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Now he wants to take millions to pay for it by taking it from other health programs from the poor. Yet he raised the defense budget 130 billion and is pushing the debt up another trillion with his tax cuts for the 1%. This guy is clearly in over his head. Still puzzled how you Trumpettes trust a guy who is horrible at business and has numerous failed businesses and lawsuits. There's a reason he doesn't want his taxes released. The world will finally find out he's a fraud and probably almost broke. But hey. Nothing a little golf weekend won't cure right?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:42 am

This might be the most looney tunes thing Ive ever heard of.

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 am

So Trump has his coronavirus presser Tuesday night, makes some noises about washing hands and avoiding coughing persons, but takes pains to criticize "Incompetent Nancy" and "Crying Chuck" and blame the market drop on the dems. No one is surprised of course - he IS the original Birther after all - being a uniter is not his bag. Demanding that democrat leaders be the adults in this crisis...only points out the leadership void coming from the WH that's obvious to all.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:52 am

Here's a good example of adult leadership....I guess.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:29 am

"This might be the most looney tunes think Ive ever heard of."

Not really, he said "emergencies excepted." If he had said "Don't buy anything, even if it's an emergency, then that might've been the most loony tunes thing ever. But that's not what he said. So the question now is: Why did you lie, aTm?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:30 am

The market is in full panic mode. This week has rivaled anything from 2008-09...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:44 am

Congress has increased funding of the CDC, it has not been cut

stop listening to MSNBC

Trump created a virus task force to address on how to handle it in the US on Jan 29 led by the head of Health and Human Services.

Multiple states have created their own early in February.

There isn't a void of leadership in the White House, there is a bunch of fucking scumbags who would rather Americans get sick for political gain than work to implement common sense solutions.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 am

Dr. Anthony Fauci is the leading communicable disease expert in the U.S. He has to run all of his public pronouncements by Mike Pence first. Whereas clearly Mike Pence should be running his by Tony Fauci first.

This is what's happening.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:32 am

I dont really even see the need for a President, Vice President, an appointed cabinet? The benevolent mass of unelected bureaucrats should just be in charge. I long to salute a new, and hopefully temporary overlord, Dr. Anthony Fauci.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:34 am

bluetick wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 am Dr. Anthony Fauci is the leading communicable disease expert in the U.S. He has to run all of his public pronouncements by Mike Pence first. Whereas clearly Mike Pence should be running his by Tony Fauci first.

This is what's happening.
yea makes perfect sense to let a NIH Doctor speak directly to the nation as opposed to the Vice President

good lord

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:45 am

I wonder when its time to buy Apple stock. later this afternoon?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:49 am

The New Yorker writes an article about Trump's mishandling of the crisis, then goes on to say in the same article (by quoting the Washington Post no less)

for what it's worth, epidemiology experts say the best thing for Americans to do right now is stay calm and not panic about the coronavirus, The Washington Post reports, as well as wash your hands regularly, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and stay home if you're feeling sick.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am

Public health should not be political, but the shit-stirrers (ie, the media, the media consumer, #TeamRed, #TeamBlue, etc) are not going to let it not be in this environment. Trump is going to treat this like a huge political issue if its something thats gonna be written about in every newspaper and talked about on every talk show by all of the other know nothing fucksticks every day from now on. What we should have about this and what we need about this is "the news" on this issue. Ie facts. Boring ass motherfucking facts delivered to us by some 60 year old in the most boring way possible. What we will get instead is the huge mass of dickheads that will be on TV "what does coronavirus mean for Trump", "Could Mike handle coronavirus better," opinion nonsense that passes for "reporting" in the eyes of the sheeple.