Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:57 pm

Everything you said in the first paragraph supports and in fact was a pretty good explanation of a "no standing" ruling. But you're such an fucking idiot, you just disputed that it was a "no standing" verdict by explaining exactly why it was. Congrats, that was probably the first (and only) decent post you've even made in here, even if it was unintentional. Blind squirrel, nut, etc...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:59 pm

At any rate, they made no judgement whatsoever on the merits of the case, they basically said they weren't going to hear the case at all. But again, you're probably too much of an idiot to understand that...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Well if you can find a person who can walk into a court and say, "I need to see all Trump's business records and tax returns because it affected me in the following ways: ______ and it caused these harms to me:________," then that person might have a chance that the court will bother even listening to him. But the best you could find would be a person telling the court something like "Trump fired me because I was caught doing heroin on the job and it harmed me because I nobody else will hire me." In that case, the court will say something like, "Okay, you can look at his business records related to your firing. But why do you need to see ALL his records from ALL his many businesses and ALL his tax returns for for 30 years?"

Good luck with finding a plaintiff who can answer that question. Maybe your guy can say, "But I need to know how Trump handled the money from his paper route when he was 12 years old. Did he pay all his taxes? He may have been colluding with the Russians even back then. We must find out. Our democracy is in peril."
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:10 pm

You're an idiot...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:16 am

I keep saying that too

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:53 am

Hard to believe that something 'intelligent' was actually said on Fake News MSNBC... The guy is an idiot but something finally came from him that was sensible. But of course he was following the Dem narrative of anti-Bernie Sanders and playing to the Biden and Buttigeg followers who the Dems desperately want to be the nominee......anybody but Bernie.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:23 am

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:34 am

Breaking news......sanity sighting amongst dems....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... s-carville
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:11 am

“Eighteen percent of the population controls 52 Senate seats,” Carville said.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:02 am

Wonder why crotch and prof missed this?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:12 pm

You wonder why?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:30 pm

True

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm

hedge wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:11 am “Eighteen percent of the population controls 52 Senate seats,” Carville said.

Also know as flyover country, irredeemable gun toting, walmart shopping, heterosexual, border enforcement deplorable capitalists.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm

and they aren't about to let California tell them how to live
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:39 pm

EFZ
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:02 am Wonder why crotch and prof missed this?
So you're trying to say that this booming economy is the result of Obama, not Trump?

Like Jeff Foxworthy used to say, "Heeeeeere's your sign":
United States IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index

The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index in the US rose to 59.8 in February 2020 from 57.4 in the previous month. It is the highest reading since January 2004, as the six-month economic outlook increased by 15 percent to a 2-year high of 57.0 and the confidence in federal economic policies went up by 2.7 percent to 57.9. Meanwhile, the personal financial outlook, a measure of how Americans feel about their own finances in the next six months decreased by 0.3 percent to 64.4. United States IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index - data, historical chart, and calendar of releases - was last updated on February of 2020 from its official source.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... mism-index
...and...
Trump's approval rating on the economy jumps to an all-time high

A Gallup poll released Tuesday found Trump received the highest approval rating for any president in the last two decades.
The results showed 63% of the public backs Trump's handling of the economy, a six-point increase from the last poll taken in November.
A Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week also found Trump received strong support on his economic record so far.
Confidence in the economy remains high among many Americans as it continues adding jobs and steadily expands, serving as a critical part of the president's re-election bid.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028873604

See here's your basic problem: hundreds of millions of Americans have definitely noticed that under Trump, unemployment is down to record low levels. Black and Hispanic unemployment at an all-time low. Their personal and family incomes have risen noticeably. The stock market, and therefore their IRA's and 401k's, have been going through the roof. Their income taxes are down. Your charts are asking 330,000,000 Americans to ignore what they are living and experiencing every day. You are also asking them to erase their own memories of how crappy the economy was under Obama.

If your strategy is, "America, don't believe what you are experiencing every day! Who are you going to believe, me and my charts, or your lying eyes?", good luck with that.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Toemeesleather wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:28 pm
hedge wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:11 am “Eighteen percent of the population controls 52 Senate seats,” Carville said.
Also know as flyover country, irredeemable gun toting, walmart shopping, heterosexual, border enforcement deplorable capitalists.
The Democrats would rather try to rewrite the Constitution to abolish the electoral college and the senate than stop calling that supposed 18% of the country unforgivably white, cisgendered, racist, sexist, homophobic, blue collar, non-college graduate, banjo-strumming, rebel flag waving, Bible-thumping, pickup truck driving, inbred, toothless, illiterate hillbillies.

And then they wonder why that supposed 18% doesn't vote for them.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:09 pm

The constitution has been rewritten many times. You act like it's a crime or some kind of unholy act for people to change it. That possibility is part of the makeup of our political system, just as much as any current amendment, including your precious (and pretty much only one you care about) 2nd Amendment. Quite acting like that just b/c you're reasonably happy with the way things are now that it's sacrilegious for people to perhaps want to change that. You are not the majority. You're going to figure that out soon, and I'm going to LMAO when you do. But enjoy your last gasp of authority (or whatever you want to call it)...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 am

Prof just doesn't get it

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am

I didn't realize that US senators used to be elected (or rather, selected) by their state's legislature. They didn't start getting elected by popular vote in their own state until like 1915. I'm sure people who had a vested interest in keeping it the old way howled like scalded dogs and came up with all sorts of reasons why it shouldn't be changed, and why the people who wanted to change it were enemies of the country and only wanted to change it b/c they were butt hurt about not getting there way, blah blah blah. But now if somebody suggested changing it back to the way it had worked for 150 years before it got changed, everybody would be leveling the same accusations at those people. Bottom line is that everybody advocates for whatever they think will give them the most power. Always have, always will...