hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:31 pm

More:

"Someone’s pet issue doesn’t change the fact that the clock has got to punched or the children have got to be picked up."

Not even thru the second paragraph yet...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 pm

"The protestor (sic, but hey, at least he's consistent) has some kind of weapon in his hand (which you’ll see later clearly) an is wearing a black mask and backup (the typical getup)."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 pm

The broader point here is that this has to stop. People can have their political issues and believe deeply in them. That doesn’t give them a right to block roads and attempt to assault people. And if that happens, they shouldn’t be surprised if someone defends themself.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 pm

I have to agreei with eCat on this one: So satisfying...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:57 am

who reads an article linked to a twitter account?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:53 am

I'm not sure what to think about this Navy Seal thing or the other two that Trump has pardoned or canceled trials for.

In WWII there are stories of American tanks decorated with the skulls of our enemies, soldiers stealing gold/silver fillings from teeth of corpses and using dead bodies for target practice. In Band of Brothers, Lt. Speirs is hailed as a hero for his bravery but he committed multiple court martial acts including killing unarmed POWs according to Winters in his book. In Vietnam the Green Berets wore ear necklaces they cut off the bodies of soldiers they killed and you could fill a book with the names of indiscriminate kills from that war. From a quote in Apocalypse Now "accusing a man of murder around here is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500".

My point is , its war, its savage, its brutal - and I'm not saying its right but the normal rules of society don't apply - and its been this way since war existed.

Now you take a Navy Seal - this is a warrior, someone who has been trained since their inception into it to be the most brutal hard core fighter this country has produced. These aren't guys staying back to watch the motor pool, they are put into situations where there are multiple bad guys, often outnumbered and always targeted for who they are. They are a trophy kill to the enemy.

I'm not saying you look the other way to what these guys do, but during war, with the elite soldiers whose only job is to kill, the line is moved much, much further out than the rest of us. You don't put them in a position where they worry about repercussions of pulling the trigger in the line of duty.

Think about the civil war , Americans against fellow Americans - and the craziness that happened in the Missouri/Kansas border - raping, pillaging, murder of civilians because the reality is in war, if you choose a side, there are no civilians. Aid and comfort to an enemy that will kill you if given the chance, supporting an ideology that at its core drives other men to seek you out, to harm your way of life, your family, your children - why make civilized distinction? Because we are Americans and we are better than that? There is no history of that, only an idealized version of history due to us being the victors.

From what I've read, what Gallagher did is pretty reprehensible, to the extent he was turned in by his own team, but once it came to light, no one really wanted to stand up and accuse him of the dirty stuff so he got some jacked up charge of having his photo taken with a corpse. I guess they all thought it would be handled behind closed doors.

So some people are saying Trump has hurt the Navy by greying the letter of the law, by undermining the Sec of Defense and not letting the Navy set an example with Gallagher. I really don't know, but I've always felt, you train a man to kill, send him to a foreign country to kill and then are shocked when he does kill, there is a serious hypocrisy there on our part as a nation - especially when the distinction between a goat herder and a jihadist is they look exactly the same, but you can only kill the one who is actively trying to kill you.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:31 am

"they had circled the company and cut their ranks in two and then rising up again like funhouse figures, some with nightmare faces painted on their breasts, riding down the unhorsed Saxons and spearing and clubbing them and leaping from their mounts with knives and running about on the ground with a peculiar bandylegged trot like creatures driven to alien forms of locomotion and stripping the clothes from the dead and seizing them up by the hair and passing their blades about the skulls of the living and the dead alike and snatching aloft the bloody wigs and hacking and chopping at the naked bodies, ripping off limbs, heads, gutting the strange white torsos and holding up great handfuls of viscera, genitals, some of the savages so slathered up with gore they might have rolled in it like dogs and some who fell upon the dying and sodomized them with loud cries to their fellows.”

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 am

I haven't read any accounts of this Gallagher fellow so I'm not sure what he was charged with or what he did, but I do think you should let the military handle their own. It's not like the higher ranks aren't aware of all the stuff you said and probably even sympathize with it to a degree, so it's not like the generals are some shrinking violets. If they think the guy crossed the line, I trust their judgement. That being said, the president is the commander in chief, so he gets the final word, just like he (or any state governor for that matter) can pardon whoever they want...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am

yea I don't know. Trump is talking about parading these guys around at his campaign rallies. I can see overriding the military, but I can't see putting these guys up on a stage and celebrating their actions or worse, celebrating rubbing the military commanders face in it.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:41 am

Trump is kind of a dick
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:42 am

Kind of?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:43 am

Well, that's why I say let the military handle it, but with Trump, everything is political...

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Latest polls, post-impeachment hearings, from the states formerly known as the Blue Wall:

Marquette Poll shows support for impeachment has slipped in Wisconsin as Trump leads 4 top Democratic rivals

And for the first time, President Donald Trump has surged ahead of all four top Democratic rivals in potential head-to-head matchups.

Just 40% of Wisconsin registered voters believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 53% disagreed, according to the survey

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonli ... 4244453002
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Iterfereing with the military justice system is just wrong. Has any other President done this like this?

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Nixon! Got eeeeeeeem!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:09 am

Professor Tiger wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:11 pm Latest polls, post-impeachment hearings, from the states formerly known as the Blue Wall:

Marquette Poll shows support for impeachment has slipped in Wisconsin as Trump leads 4 top Democratic rivals

And for the first time, President Donald Trump has surged ahead of all four top Democratic rivals in potential head-to-head matchups.

Just 40% of Wisconsin registered voters believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 53% disagreed, according to the survey

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonli ... 4244453002
Guess you didn't see Assmussen's 44% approval, down 6 points in 2 weeks. Eleven points underwater at Trump's fave poll - that can't be good, right?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:41 am

I think the poll numbers for Nixon's impeachment were pretty low also, right up to the end, and you see how that turned out. Trump is the best thing that ever happened to Nixon, now Nixon won't be remembered as the biggest crook to ever be president...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

overall I'd have to rate Dubya as the worst president in my lifetime (well, I guess LBJ was but I was just an infant )

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:53 am

Interview with Jared Taylor

Its worth listening to , the interviewer shows respect but tries to lock him down - and can't do it. He's unapologetic which I'm sure infuriates the reporter, especially around the 14 minute mark

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:14 am

1. Carter is clearly the worst President in our lifetime.

2. I miss tick's daily stock market report.