Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 pm

aTm wrote:At some point as you come closer to the time when you actually need your money it makes perfect sense to convert to investments where preservation of capital is the goal rather than growth. If the fund you were in is already one with an estimated retirement date goal, its probably already happening in the background anyway.

yea you are probably right

I'm more concerned about a bear market taking me down in the short term

I've never touched my 401K before and I've always rebounded so I'm not very sure if I'm doing the right thing here.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/as ... ar-AAFnozu

In recorded calls from the Cook County Jail, Tucker, who'd recently served more than a decade in prison for shooting someone, was quite philosophical about landing back behind bars, according to federal court records.

After all, if he hadn't been arrested carrying the gun, he almost certainly would've been caught for something far worse — perhaps even murder, Tucker allegedly said in the calls.

"Everything happens for a reason, man," Tucker told a friend three days after his February arrest, according to a federal criminal complaint filed last month. "Think about it, man. This summertime, what I was doing, where I was headed this summertime, man, I would have gotten caught shooting that mother*****r ... That would've been life in (prison)."

The same call offered a rare moment of candor by a reputed gang member on how the reality of the city's streets had forced him to carry a "pole" — street slang for a gun — for protection, according to the complaint. The only solution, he said, was to move out of Chicago.

"Boy, I quit," authorities quoted Tucker as saying on the call. "I can't carry no pole no more. I'm through. Only way I gotta do that is I gotta get out of Chicago. ... I can't be without it in Chicago, you know how that s**t go."

Tucker's c'est la vie attitude on the calls reflects a stark honesty about the gun violence that continues to rage this summer in pockets of the South and West sides. Just last weekend, more than 40 people were shot on the city's streets, including a 12-year-old girl who was wounded in the leg while sitting on a porch in the West Englewood neighborhood and two mothers killed in a drive-by attack at an Englewood intersection where an anti-violence group has camped out every summer day since 2015.

Tucker, meanwhile, was arraigned Thursday in the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse for allegedly being a felon in possession of a handgun — a charge carrying up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

In earlier arguing to hold Tucker without bond, federal prosecutors blasted his attempt to find a "silver lining" in his arrest, saying Tucker's insistence on carrying a gun "directly contributes to the violence that is sadly afflicting our district and our city especially during the summer months."

"Frankly, your honor, you should take him at his word," Assistant U.S. Attorney Devlin Su said during the July 9 detention hearing. "Because if he's not detained he's going to be out there this summertime, shooting his gun, getting caught for attempted murder and murder. It doesn't get more serious than that."

Tucker's court-appointed attorney, Daniel Hesler, said Tucker had been doing well since being released from prison late last year, finding work as a dishwasher and reconnecting with his mother and sister. While incriminating, the jail recordings also indicate that Tucker was ready to put his gun-toting past behind him, Hesler said.

But U.S. Magistrate Judge Maria Valdez agreed with prosecutors, saying in her order denying bond that it was clear Tucker "feels that he is stuck between the crosshairs of Chicago."

"So will he always make the right decision? I'm not sure of that," Valdez said.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm

if we want to talk about systemic racism in this country, lets start with the national media only caring about white people getting shot in mass shootings
or you could start here.. The first African slaves within the continental United States arrived via Santo Domingo to the San Miguel de Gualdape colony (most likely located in the Winyah Bay area of present-day South Carolina), founded by Spanish explorer Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón in 1526.[9]
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:43 pm

bluetick wrote:
if we want to talk about systemic racism in this country, lets start with the national media only caring about white people getting shot in mass shootings
or you could start here.. The first African slaves within the continental United States arrived via Santo Domingo to the San Miguel de Gualdape colony (most likely located in the Winyah Bay area of present-day South Carolina), founded by Spanish explorer Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón in 1526.[9]
what does that have to do with anything relative to this discussion?

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

I am in a similar situation AA

I have two friends one works for stiefel Nicholas the other runs a little investment company--they always have told me keep it in stocks til your 5 years out then start looking hard at pulling it out once you think the market peaks or you see warren buffet stop buying

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:29 am

10 year cycles almost invariably stocks go up up up--been since the 30's it stayed down for 10 years

even the crash in 2008

once you get inside 5 years you run risk of recession/depression

https://www.bing.com/search?q=S%26P500& ... 66a591907a

hit max on the chart above and you'll see what I mean

the worse we had in our lifetime was june 2009

but within 3 years it was back up past where it crested in 2008

wait til your 5 years out then pull it at a point where its seems to have crested

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:28 am

I recommend a diversified portfolio of gold coins buried somewhere.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:50 am

its not permanent, I'm just trying to avoid the hit on a market slowdown, I plan to get back in when I think the market hits bottom

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:22 pm

eCat wrote:
bluetick wrote:
what does that have to do with anything relative to this discussion?
So you weren't being funny? You literally meant a discussion regarding systemic racism needs to start "with the national media only caring about white people getting shot in mass shootings"?

And the whole "butwhutaboutChicago" - seriously? People aren't stampeding after a car backfire because of south side gangbanger/drug dealer killings. Do you know what I'm talking about or do you need me to elaborate?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:28 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joeljohnso ... fd8f29ed05

Oh...and best protest sign seen in Ohio today:

Hey Cheeto
We're not Toledo

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:08 pm

El Paso death roll: 22

Dayton massacre: 9

Media reaction: Freakout.

Chicago death toll so far this years: 293

Media reaction: None

Advantage: eCat, by a mile.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:El Paso death roll: 22

Media reaction: Freakout.

Chicago death toll so far this years: 293

Media reaction: None

Advantage: eCat, by a mile.
You don't visit Englewood. You do visit Walmart (don't lie).

I win.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:32 pm

So to put it another way, out of sight, out of mind.
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:43 pm

bluetick wrote:You don't visit Englewood. You do visit Walmart (don't lie).

I win.
More on the Leftist and media hypocrisy on mass murders:

El Paso death roll: 22

Leftist and Media reaction: Freakout.

Mass murder toll in Democrat-dominated Baltimore so far this year: 342 (victims presumably overwhelmingly black and Hispanic victims)

Mass murder toll in Democrat-dominated Detroit so far this year: 268 (presumably overwhelmingly black and Hispanic victims)

Mass murder toll in Democrat-dominated St. Louis so far this year: 205 (presumably overwhelmingly black and Hispanic victims)

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/ ... ate-cities

Leftist and Media reaction to all of the above: None

You lose.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:44 pm

I'd like to know which newly proposed gun law being floated around by mainstream democrats or republicans would have prevented these shootings

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 pm

..... and they say Trump is too blame for the violence in America. Yeah, right. Check out this new movie to hit the theaters in Sept.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/movie-showi ... KwqoDOLatg

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Democrats ignore the daily carnage of people of color in American cities. The reason is obvious. They are white supremacists.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Trump calls the brown people "rapists", "animals", and "invaders". The manifesto-massacre guy repeated those words verbatim. Trump catches massive amounts of shit, and prof aka Smithers flails at damage control. Deja vu all over again.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:57 pm

crotch wrote:..... and they say Trump is too blame for the violence in America. Yeah, right. Check out this new movie to hit the theaters in Sept.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/movie-showi ... KwqoDOLatg
::::SPOILER ALERT::::::
You'll likely want to plunk down your 9 bucks for this one, as the "deplorable" turns the tables and picks off the "globalist elites" one by one. KAGA