Moderators: aTm, Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Alabama Crimson Tide

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:50 pm

Did the Bama AD send cease and desist orders to both coaches, months ago, disassociating them from the program? Was that letter undated and hand delivered? That would certainly exonerate Alabama.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:03 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Augie puts zeal into being a zealot.
all I can promise is that I will never strap on a bomb.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Dr. Strangelove
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Cornell

Post by Dr. Strangelove » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:Paul Dee excoriated Bama a few years back, too. Heh. Glad to see his house of cards tumble.

The other coaches implicated are at Louisville (Clint Hurtt), Florida (Aubrey Hill), Missouri (Frank Haith - head coach) and Western Kentucky (Jake Morton). Jorge Fernandez stayed at the U.
Clint Hurtt was named "Recruiter of the Year" by ESPN last year and its been noted he has managed to convince a lot of South Florida kids to attend the University of Louisville. Hmmmmm

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Coach Saban has completed his thorough investigation of Stoutland and Panunzio, and has determined that Alabama is innocent. His compliance staff agrees. Case closed.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 pm

and the Board of Governors asked "how is this affecting recruiting?" cheating bastards.

just practicing
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 pm

I wonder if we can recruit some good players from the pending mass exodus from the U.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 pm

that John Swofford sure can pick 'em cant he? any other conferences out there need a crackerjack commissioner?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Dee and Butch don't get along, and Dee really pushed the investigation at the NCAA level.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Coach Saban has completed his thorough investigation of Stoutland and Panunzio, and has determined that Alabama is innocent. His compliance staff agrees. Case closed.

You are a goddamned idiot. Seriously, if stupidity were painful, we'd have to shoot you to put you out of your misery. Of course, Alabama is innocent, you mouth-breathing simpleton- both were hired in 2011. On second though, we are guilty of hiring a former Auburn coach. That's pretty inexcusable.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:39 pm

DooKSucks wrote:Dee and Butch don't get along, and Dee really pushed the investigation at the NCAA level.
I was kidding. I know Dee hated Butch after Butch lied to him about wanting to coach at Miami until he retired then taking the cleveland job the next day. have a nice day.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:I wonder if we can recruit some good players from the pending mass exodus from the U.
To what end? Staff hasn't proven they can develop squat, even Mike DuBose could recruit on paper.
Worth. Every. Cent.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Big East wants to talk with ACC and BIG XII-2 about realignment...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... n-swofford
Worth. Every. Cent.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 pm

AA, if two of the coaches named in the story were currently on our staff, and as a result NCAA investigators were looking through our filing cabinets right now, I'd be just as nasty and flatulent as you are. Except you are nasty and flatulent all the time.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:59 pm

AA, maybe this will cure your eternal dyspepsia:

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Best version of Rammer Jammer I've ever heard:

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Wow. It's not an act. You ARE that stupid.

The NCAA is not looking through our filing cabinets. Again, these guys were hired by UA a few months back (you know, as in 2011). The NCAA is, however, still investigating the Cam debacle. That story is likely to come to a head before the year is out.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 pm

The NCAA is, however, still investigating the Cam debacle. That story is likely to come to a head before the year is out.
AA, I can understand your frustration. The last best hope of Bama fans everywhere has been crushed. This is on top of so many other disappointments.

Surely Schad and everybody at ESPN had the goods on Auburn. Cam will be be disqualified before the Iron Bowl.

He wasn't.

The NYT had the inside scoop on the Newtons, and a LOI was imminent.

They didn't. It wasn't.

The NCAA really has Auburn in the cross hairs this time. There are cell phones with text messages that prove Auburn bought Cam.

Oops; the cell phone somehow got wet, and there are no text messages. Bad luck.

Surely tigerdroppings and sbb, being the responsible journalists they are, found enough dirt on Auburn to bring them down.

They couldn't. And didn't.

Milton McGregor and Bobby Lowder! The perfect storm! Two rich Auburn boosters, in trouble with the law. The FBI wiretaps would be a treasure trove of damning evidence, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Auburn's players were being paid. Milton and Bobby will have to roll over on Auburn to reduce their sentences. Auburn will get the death penalty! Book it! bamamag.com message boards even said so!

Nope.

There's this sports radio talk show host, who happened to be a Bama grad, named Scott Moore. He had secret tapes - SECRET TAPES! - that were actual recordings of Cecil getting paid with the voice of Cam in the background. This is the smoking gun we've all been waiting for. Moore will play the tapes on the radio for all the world to hear. Auburn is toast.

Oops. Moore's radio show got cancelled.

Danny Sheridan, renowned CFB handicapper and, shockingly, another Alabama grad, has a secret informant within the NCAA COI. Danny has identified THE bagman who has been channeling money from Auburn to players. He is going to name names on the Paul Feinbaum show today, and people would forget about Miami and focus on the much bigger Auburn scandal.

Uh oh. Sheridan can't name names and identify the bag man after all.

But wait! Charles Robinson is working on a huge story that would equal the SMU revelations. It will be 10 on a scale of 1-10. It must be Auburn. It HAS to be Auburn. There is no other possible program other than Auburn, since nothing else has worked against Auburn.

Curses! It's about Miami, not Auburn.

So, forgive me if I LMAO at:
The NCAA is, however, still investigating the Cam debacle. That story is likely to come to a head before the year is out.
One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Prof cracks me up. It took 4 years till USC finally paid for the Reggie Bush debacle. A year ago today nobody knew who the Fuck Cam Newton even was besides a thief who was kicked out of Florida and that takes a lot to get booted from Florida. 3-1/2 years to go. They'll get you in the end.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Yeah. Albert Means happened in 1997-8. Got Hammered in 2002.

Anyway, the NCAA has already personally told Chizik that the investigation is still going on.
— Abraham Lincoln

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Prof knows that. He's just using his leverage while he still can.