Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 am

hedge wrote:Yeah, I was fixin to day, I don't know where all this economic growth and prosperity is taking place, but it sure isn't in eastern NC and I'd wager it's not in eastern Nebraska or western PA or any of the other enclaves of Trump Country. I'm sure the large urban areas that are mostly anti-Trump are the ones that have "benefited" the most, but the poor saps in West Va. and southern OH and other vast swaths of the midwest aren't doing much better than they ever have and in fact I'd say they're doing worse. This great economy is "helping" the people that it always helps, the ones that really didn't need it that much to start with.
Lemme guess: Barr is hiding the REAL economic reports, including the ones about eastern NC, that tell the real story,- that we are actually in a bad recession. You just know it’s gotta be true. Nadler vows to get to the bottom of Barr’s treasonous lies. But first, he needs Trump’s taxes going back to the 70’s.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 am

I dont know about NC, but I drove Houston to College Station this weekend, and pretty much every rural industrial business on the way, in bumfuck places like Prairie View, Hempstead, Navasota etc, had big “NOW HIRING” banners on the side or out on the front gates. Also basically a giant new warehouse commercial park in Hempstead was under construction. The weirdest thing under construction on the way is like a big ass 20 field cricket complex being built in Prairie View.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon May 06, 2019 1:45 pm

The American job market wasn't supposed to be this good, this long.

The current expansion is set to become the longest period of growth in US history later this summer. But the strong labor market shows no sign of letting up.

Unemployment fell to the lowest level in nearly 50 years in April, the Labor Department reported Friday. Employers added 263,000 jobs. That is well above the average growth of about 200,000 jobs a month throughout this record string of 103 consecutive months of job gains.

"Spectacular is the only way to describe this number. It is hard to believe that this 10-year old recovery keeps pumping out home runs," said Sung Won Sohn, economics professor at Loyola Maramount University.

"The employment numbers any one month might give you a misleading signal. But we've had this strength for a number of years. It's real," said David Berson, chief economist for Nationwide Insurance.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 pm

At CNN, they’ve moved from Percocet to Morphine:
Donald Trump is more popular than ever before

But in the latest Gallup numbers, Trump is at 46% approval -- the highest mark he has reached in more than two years as President.

But, still! This is Donald Trump we are talking about. A man who has struggled for much of his presidency to even win the approval of 40% of Americans for the job he is doing.

What explains Trump's upward trajectory? Likely a series of good economic numbers -- led by 3.2% GDP growth in the first quarter of 2019. (Worth noting: The Gallup poll was out of the field by April 30, meaning that the gangbusters April jobs report isn't even factored into Trump's numbers.)

Dig into the numbers and you see something very interesting. Trump's gains of late are not, as you might expect, from Republicans. Nine in 10 Republicans backed Trump in March, the same number who did so in April. It's among Democrats where Trump's job approval has improved the most month-to-month; just 4% approved of the job he was doing in March compared to 10% who said the same in April. Independents went from 33% job approval for Trump in March to 39% in April.

Obviously, Trump's gains of late come even as special counsel Robert Mueller has concluded his report into Russian interference in the 2016 election and the entire 448-page behemoth, with some redactions, has been released to the public. The report's finding -- no provable criminal conspiracy with the Russians by anyone within the Trump campaign, no recommendation on whether to charge Trump with obstruction of justice -- remain a vigorously debated subject but don't seem to have adversely affected how people perceive Trump to be doing his job.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/06/politi ... cnn.com%2F
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue May 07, 2019 7:17 am

Trump Obstruction: More Than 500 Former Prosecutors Say President Should Face 'Multiple Felony Charges' Peter Stubley The Independent7 May 2019

More than 560 former federal prosecutors have signed a letter saying Donald Trump should be charged with obstruction of justice.

The statement claims there is “overwhelming” evidence of corrupt intent to block the investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

“Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice,” the statement reads.

US senator Richard Blumenthal said he was “proud” to add his name to the list of signatures, which includes officials who worked for both Democratic and Republican administrations stretching back to Dwight Eisenhower.

He was joined by Bill Weld, a former US attorney who is standing against Mr Trump for the Republican presidential nomination, and Donald Ayer, a former deputy attorney general under George HW Bush.

Mr Weld said the evidence “goes well beyond what is required to support criminal charges of obstruction of justice.”
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue May 07, 2019 7:37 am

Every one of those prosecutors are lifelong dems, yeah, that has to be it, no other explanation is possible...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 pm

If all those former Democrat and RINO prosecutors' imaginations saw obstruction, then why didn't the only prosecutor in this case who matters - Mueller - see it and say so?

Or was Mueller colluding with the Russians all along?

Really, the best thing for the Dem’s to do is impeach Trump. Start the process tomorrow. Please. The sooner the better.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue May 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Run Forrest Run!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 08, 2019 7:14 am

Leaving for Ireland today. Hope you can manage somehow without me.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 08, 2019 7:44 am

I hope you get stomped by river dancers...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 am

Don't get your dander up in Ire-land. Get it?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 09, 2019 7:44 am

Make sure to eat some Arsh potatoes...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 09, 2019 8:06 am

I'm starting to think that Trump is deliberately trying to piss China off b/c he knows the dems are too dumb to stop Russia from getting him reelected, which is the last thing he wants, so he figures China is the only power that can offset Russia in election meddling. Good strategy...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu May 09, 2019 8:14 am

except Chuck Schumer is supporting Trump in taking a hard line against China

if you're going to get into a pissing match with China over trade, do it while our economy is booming and can take the hit.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 am

Shumer can't fathom Trump's deep game, but he is probably unconsciously aware that fucking with China spells victory for the dems in 2020, which is what Trump wants...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 09, 2019 9:24 am

if that is what they are pinning their hopes on they are in trouble

Corey Booker has gone from promising a poverty dividend, to reparations to a federal gun license. The guy is desperate for someone to pay attention to him

The best person the democrats can put up to run against Trump is an attractive smart, but genuinely likeable female who is preaching on a platform of personal accountability.

The nation would turn on Trump when he tried to treat her like Hillary.

Fortunately there isn't a female democrat in the race that is genuinely likeable, much less any democrat preaching personal responsibility.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 am

"if that is what they are pinning their hopes on they are in trouble"

That's what Trump is pinning his hopes of escape on...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 am

I think Kamala fits that bill, but she's probably going to be Biden's VP pick. She's giving lips service to the leftist bloc's talking points, but she's a career prosecutor, she ain't all about that shit. And from what I can tell, she's about the smartest of the dem candidates. That would be a refreshing change in the White House...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 am

except she was hired into government by a sugar daddy

probably minor in the greater scheme of things, but she won't come across as vulnerable

and she'll have trouble rousing the African American vote as she was pretty heavily involved in prosecuting them to make a name for herself.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 am

Is she hot?