Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:32 am

But none of that shit concerns me right now. My biggest problem is a frozen shoulder thing from repetitive stress at the computer or sleeping on it wrong or just getting old. It causes sharp pain when I move my arm in certain directions, namely reaching back to wipe my ass. So now I either have to shower Everytime I shit or live with an itchy ass until I can

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:32 am

Saint wrote:
The problem seems to be more about the low wages being paid than the work force. I agree that it doesn't help that they send money home and I've seen first-hand how many use social services but it still seems to be a wage issue first. And if you sent them all back to where they came from, you'd still have low wages and poor Americans instead of immigrants. It's a systemic problem that has no easy solution, like building a wall, for instance.

it is a wage issue

the issue is they are flooding the market. supply and demand. Entire industries have been supplanted by illegal immigrants - landscaping, non-union construction, meat packing, etc., and those jobs have downward pressure to keep wages low because people have become accustomed to not paying. They expect those jobs to be filled with people earning next to nothing.

and people most affected are the people that can least afford it - young african American males and females, and young legal american male and female citizens.

which goes back to why I say Trump is the least racist president we've had.

When Hillary says illegals are doing jobs Americans won't - who do you think she is talking about - middle class white guys?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:33 am

Saint wrote:But none of that shit concerns me right now. My biggest problem is a frozen shoulder thing from repetitive stress at the computer or sleeping on it wrong or just getting old. It causes sharp pain when I move my arm in certain directions, namely reaching back to wipe my ass. So now I either have to shower Everytime I shit or live with an itchy ass until I can
my shoulder hurts when I lean on it at a desk

I looked it up and I have some form of tendinitis.

its just getting old
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am

Yoga...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:46 am

Can't wipe my ass. How am I supposed to do yoga?

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:50 am

Saint wrote:It's a hot mess unless you're rich like Prof
Heh heh With my two federal pensions, and social security kicking in two years from now, and an inherited farm, it ain’t too bad...
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am

Talk about a freeloader...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 am

"Can't wipe my ass. How am I supposed to do yoga?"

This could be you, Stu. Watch it, it's inspirational...

[youtube]qX9FSZJu448[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 am

The guy really does remind me of you...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:55 am

Precisely the kind of stupid stuff that people buy and then they wonder why they can’t save money...
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:57 am

I skimmed thru a documentary last night about a kid that broke his neck and was paralyzed from the neck down. Somehow he figured out a way to rewire his brain so that he could use his limbs again. Took him about 7 years but now he was on some trek to walk across the desert.

He said what made him different was focus - his sister painted his toenails different colors and at first it pissed him off, but he also realized that anger gave him the ability to isolate on a single toe and from that he ended up figuring out some way to wiggle it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 am

As long as someone is picking my avocados Im good. Americans are to lazy to work hard labor. Very spoiled. And they don't have to because we pay them a better wage to sit home. Don't fuck with my avocados though. I'll cut you.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:As long as someone is picking my avocados Im good. Americans are to lazy to work hard labor. Very spoiled. And they don't have to because we pay them a better wage to sit home. Don't fuck with my avocados though. I'll cut you.
no they aren't too lazy, they just aren't going to work hard and still not be able to pay the rent or put food on the table.

now there are some expectations that are out of line - like a cell phone with data plan, internet access and a computer to use it - those types of things people think they are entitled too without the earning potential to support it but America needs to accept that any job worth doing for 40 hours a week needs to pay a wage a person can live on. We use phrases like working at a burger place was never intended to be a job where someone can earn a living and we've accepted that. Its replaced the work hard and you'll get ahead mantra - and I believe its all because of this idea you can pay an immigrant or someone in a 3rd world country less.

However someone working as a car hop making minimum wage in 1965 wouldn't live like a king but they could afford rent and drive a 10 year old car - before we outsourced manufacturing and before working the counter meant you were entitled to earning a wage to cover your bills.

Both democrats and republicans are to blame to that mentality being pervasive in this country

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Hedge, I saw “Vice” the week it came out. I loved it, and for the same reasons you did. Cheney was detestable, and the movie portrayed that.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm

"America needs to accept that any job worth doing for 40 hours a week needs to pay a wage a person can live on."

That sounds like central planning to me, comrade...

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Except that cell phones, computers, etc are no longer luxuries if you want to find and keep a job. And the earnings of those companies sre predicated on everyone owning one
We've all been led down this path of owning things that 10-15 years ago were luxuries. Now you won't be able to function without them unless you work on a farm digging taters. And the rent still too damn high!

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 pm

And it seems like half our financial institutions operate on consumer debt, which is inherently bad

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:32 pm

hedge wrote:"America needs to accept that any job worth doing for 40 hours a week needs to pay a wage a person can live on."

That sounds like central planning to me, comrade...
actually its the opposite - supply and demand

while there is no debate that our economy would be smaller without those 14 million immigrants, employers would be constrained due to the lack of shortage in workers. As a result they'd have to pay higher wages. Now of course some of that would be passed on to the consumer and Rat would have to pay $3 for an avacado

the point is there shouldn't be a minimum wage - if the economy was managed based on our size as a country and its population there would be times when there were more people than jobs, but by and large a balance would be found.

but there is no balance. We are a dumping ground for the impoverished of other countries who are willing to compete for jobs in this country for less than the cost of living because its still better than a shack made out of palletes and a tarp on a rocky hillside and we justify it by saying we need a$4 combo meals from Wendy's

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Im not paying 3 bucks for an avocado. Over my hedge pleading dead body. Why can't prisoners pick them if all the Mexicans are deported. Make them work for their fuel tasting bologna sandwiches. Duh.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:25 pm

it is a wage issue

the issue is they are flooding the market. supply and demand. Entire industries have been supplanted by illegal immigrants - landscaping, non-union construction, meat packing, etc., and those jobs have downward pressure to keep wages low because people have become accustomed to not paying. They expect those jobs to be filled with people earning next to nothing.
The kind of people whose jobs are threatened by mass illegal immigration used to be the heart and soul of the Democrat party. Now Dem's just sneer at them, and brag how they are going to shut their industries down, and then blame the workers for not keeping up with the times.

Maybe the solution is to make illegal immigration threaten the jobs of people that Democrats DO care about. How about this: offer to every illegal immigrant free advanced training (right up to the PhD level), but only as public school teachers, college liberal arts professors, community organizers, lawyers, all the advanced IT skills needed in Silicon Valley, all the movie and TV network management skills needed in Hollywood and New York, sports broadcasting network management, razor blade company management, organic foods supply chain management, and all the financial specialties needed on Wall Street. In a few years, when liberals apply for a job in these fields, and find themselves competing against 10,000 Hispanics for every vacancy, they will then want to carpet bomb with nerve gas any caravan coming towards the US border.