Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

guncase
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Duke
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by guncase » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 am

The best part of the K-state win was the sourpuss look on Ashley (vagina face) Judd.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 am

Meanwhile, Lenny and the Notes are steaming toward the Elite Eight

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 am

Saint wrote:That's the first time I've seen Kentucky play this year. They aren't or weren't very good. Are any of those guys going to stay in school?
Knox and our point guard will enter the draft. Probably lose one to transfer.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 am

Diallo? The one you hate?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:24 am

He'll enter the draft without an agent I'm sure

but he'll be told to come back.....again

at this point I don't hate any of them. Diallo improved. Its all on Cal. This was a terrible game and the fans are not going to forget it.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:29 am

I know one fan who won't forget it. I'm sure he'll be here tomorrow to proclaim Cal is the worst coach ever.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:37 am

I"m surprised it hasn't happened already

The loss stings but we weren't going to beat Duke or Villanova. It would have been nice to get a final four but all that would have done was convinced NBA scouts we had more NBA potential than we really did.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:46 am

Probably not but UK had a nice path to Monday night and who knows who would have been waiting, given all the upsets so far. But, like Carolina, they ultimately reverted to their worst, just like the flashes of it during the season. I'm hoping Duke does the same soon.

This Texas Tech-Purdue matchup is suddenly intriguing as the only 2-3 in the tournament.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 am

we're all Villanova fans now

Jay Wright turned down the UK job, btw

SnoodGator
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by SnoodGator » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:19 am

Go Blue!

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 am

I fell asleep in the first half of the UK game, but it wasn't a pretty start. Not that it matters, but UK shot 15 more ft's than KState. Three KState guys foul out - one of them in 5 minutes on the floor! WTF???
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:54 am

The writer for the Yahoo sports had some fun:

"Tipping off in Atlanta, a.k.a. “Catlanta,” this was pretty much a home game for Kentucky; Big Blue Nation arrived late but in force. Opportunistic hawks lurked at the tops of aisles and at the entrance of concourses, offering to take Saturday’s tickets off the hands of broken Nevada fans. This ain’t Kentucky’s first regional.

So when K-State leaped out to early leads of 7-0 and 13-1, the Kentucky faithful didn’t fret. They didn’t worry. They didn’t complain — well, that’s not entirely true; they complained at the audacity of the referees to call even a single foul on their beloved ‘Cats. But more than anything, they waited, as disappointed as a parent summoned to the principal’s office to discuss Junior’s tomfoolery.

And oh, did Kentucky give them – and head coach John Calipari, stalking the sideline like a man trying to scream a cat out of a tree – plenty to yell about. Kentucky missed rotation after rotation, alligator-armed jump shots, and then someone like K-State’s Kamau Stokes would drain a three that just gut-punched BBN all over again.

The turning point might just have come during an official timeout. Cheerleaders from both schools squared off to see who could hold the “Liberty” pose – you know, the one where the lady balances on one foot while the guy holds her up, arms straight up and extended – for longer. K-State was in trouble almost immediately, while Kentucky was locked in and won without even a sideways glance."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 am

Told ya I'd jinx UK and Nevada. Now to figure out how to jinx Hedge. Although his life already sucks.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:47 am

hedge wrote:I fell asleep in the first half of the UK game, but it wasn't a pretty start. Not that it matters, but UK shot 15 more ft's than KState. Three KState guys foul out - one of them in 5 minutes on the floor! WTF???
they did it on purpose. UK had a player go for like 7-17 on the line.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:33 am

Well, at least UK fans can't whine that the refs stole it from them. Of course, neither can Carolina fans, but for a different reason...

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by aTm » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

Roy is a great coach, hedge, but he clearly isn't going to win a game from the sideline by himself with one day of prep. UNC was clueless vs A&M. A&Ms offense is simplistic and inept but Roy gave us exactly what we wanted. I only say he's arrogant because he clearly thought UNC could just roll with what they normally do and beat A&M, he didn't really even have a backup plan either. As for not having posts, neither did Providence, but they had a much better game than UNC did.

Also, laughable that you think saying Roy>BK or whoever else means anything to me. Duh. Our coach is much worse than Roy. Roy is actually great at other team development/roster building things, maybe the best.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am

Roy never has a backup plan. He just loves those lil suckers so much that he expects them to win every dadblame game for him. And Dean

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 am

Well, I think at this time of year, most coaches follow the "dance with who brung ye" philosophy. I've said all year we were Duke this year, i.e., a perimeter 3 point shooting team. Amazingly we somehow were one of the top rebounding teams, not sure how that happened, but against a team like TAMU with one of the tallest lineups in the country, that got exposed.

Didn't help that TAMU, not a particularly good 3 point shooting team all year, to say the least, decided to get hot against us and I'm pretty sure Roy figured the only way out of that was to shoot our way back into the game. We shot ourselves in the foot instead. Seen it too many times with Duke in the tourny, a team full of guards and small forwards and one of those big ass white boy brothers (all three of them in succession, can't even remember their names now) clogging up the middle, we barely even had one of those, but I do think our freshman bigs got some great experience this year and are going to be a handful next year.

I just hated to see TAMU get punked like they did last night, makes our loss to them, esp. in the fashion it was administered, seem that much worse. Of course, the way Michigan played, we would've lost by the same margin. Just wasn't our year, I hoped we'd get hot and everybody would be hitting those outside shots, at least it was in the realm of possibility this year, unlike the last 5 or 6 years when we've been shooting closer to 30% as a team from long range. But that was the only way we were ever going to make any noise in the tourny this year and it's mighty hard to do 6 games in a row...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

Roy has always subscribed to John Wooden's philosophy: “I constantly caution our teams: ‘Play your game, just play your game. Eventually, if you play your game, stick to your style, class will tell in the end.’ This does not mean that we will always outscore our opponent, but it does insure that we will not beat ourselves.” Of course, Wooden had, what?, 8 years in a row with either Kareem or Bill Walton at center, I like either one of their chances to score 30 on any given night than I do people being able to hit 3 pointers at a high rate on any given night...

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:22 am

some days its just a joy to wake up

first beat our ex player who weber canned
then Americas darling #16 seed
then Ashley judd and the big blue nation

we got 30 fouls called on us--amnd I thought the last shot we tried to foul and it could have been called

well on to sister jean

if we beat god's team tomorrow night have to spend next weekend in manhattan