Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Yet you trust implicitely anything that comes out of Trump...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

sardis wrote:Conservatives will view this article one way, and the liberals will view it another.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/ ... index.html
Obama's DOJ has done some real groundbreaking work here. Future Republican presidents should imitate this new and successful technique: First, pick out a high ranking person in the Democrat campaign staff and concoct a "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" link between them and something that might be illegal.

Then, because they might be a dire threat to national security, start wiretapping them, knowing that they will be in moment-by-moment contact with the presidential candidate of the opposing party. Then just start listening in to whatever they are doing in their campaign, and use that inside information to your side's campaign's advantage.

Third, if it goes well, start investigating and wiretapping everybody that has any contact with the dangerous Enemy of the State, then start leaking their identities to the press en mass.

Nixon was a naif for creating a bumbling "plumber's" unit to do his political spying on McGovern. Rookie mistake. He should have followed the above simple steps and used his own nearly omnipotent DOJ, CIA, FBI, NSA, to do his political spying for him like Obama did.

Trump should do the same against a high ranking official in the Democrat campaign that runs against him in 2020.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Good thing Rams and Chargers moved to LA. They were outnumbered away fans two to one. Bloth places.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Californians are generally not into football. That sport just reeks of toxic masculinity, which they find offensive. Probably even unsustainable.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am

hedge wrote:Yet you trust implicitely anything that comes out of Trump...
No, I don't, but rooting for the guy who bucks the establishment

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 am

On the principle, you were rooting for bin Laden...

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:57 am

DooKSucks wrote:People die from heroin laced with fentanyl and the like often. The Wayne County--WAYNE FREAKING COUNTY--Sheriff's Department seized five kilos of heroin yesterday. It's coming in like water, and they can't stop it. People failed to learn the lesson of prohibition, and it's leading to more deaths, substance abuse and the preventable ancillary affects associated with prohibition. Legalization needs to happen, and it needs to happen now. Tax it. Set up treatment facilities. Put money into the mental health system. Unclog the courts by ending the treatment of addicts as criminals.

Agree 100% across the entire country.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:03 am

I can't imagine an argument made where I agree that something so addictive and the extent that drives the addiction is made legal.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 am

You mean like OxyContin or Vicoden or morphine?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 am

Or tobacco?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 am

hedge wrote:You mean like OxyContin or Vicoden or morphine?
you say it like I'd had something to do with its approval
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:28 am

Well obviously those are still illegal for recreational purposes, but what about tobacco? I am asking this only b/c you said "I can't imagine an argument made where I agree that something so addictive and the extent that drives the addiction is made legal."

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:43 am

It's worth noting in all of this that Trump's own Justice Department has cast doubt on his claim. In a court filing earlier this month***, it said flatly that, “Both FBI and [its national security division] confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets.”

***Sept. 2017
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 am

hedge wrote:Well obviously those are still illegal for recreational purposes, but what about tobacco? I am asking this only b/c you said "I can't imagine an argument made where I agree that something so addictive and the extent that drives the addiction is made legal."

IMO, tobacco's addiction is not comparable to heroin

we've covered this ground before

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

I am assuming you mean harm, not addiction. People who smoke a pack or more of cigarettes every single day for decades are clearly just as addicted to nicotine as any junkie is addicted to heroin...

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Stop being obtuse, more people die from shooting heroin ONE GOD DAMN TIME then people who light up a smoke for the first time. How hard is that to understand? No one is running up to kids who light up their first smoke with an inhaler and oxygen to save their lives. It is a stupid comparison. Also a heroin addict over the same number of years as a pack a day smoker is probably in a lot worse shape.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that the vast majority of heroin users don't die from it, although I admit that that's probably b/c they quit before they die from it. I'm also pretty sure that the majority of people who smoke until they die end up dying because of something directly related to or at the very least greatly exacerbated by the fact that they smoked (cancer, emphysema, stroke, heart attack, whatever). I bet this would also apply to people who smoke for many years and then quit when they're 60 (or whatever) and then end up dying 10 years later anyway b/c they had smoked their whole life. It sounds to me like your objection is due to the chance that you might die much sooner with heroin, but somehow I suspect that if heroin never caused people to die by overdose but was somehow similar to tobacco and in that it eventually led to you dying from it when you were 75, most people would still be against it...

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am

To me it is about the sudden impact / change. Smoking cigs / weed isn't going to kill you right then. Yes it is a prolonged thing.

Coke, heroin, oxy - All of these you can OD on your first time using. Period. There is no way to argue against this. Stop trying.

Look at the last 6 years and tell me that heroin and fentanyl aren't related and isn't a crisis:

[img2]https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/si ... eaths1.jpg[/img2]

And yes Oxy and legal meds like this are just as much to blame. That is my bigger point. All of it needs to get under control.

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am

Nope not an issue at all since 2010.......

[img2]https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/si ... 2016_4.jpg[/img2]

BigRedMan
Senior

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am

Nope, still don't see a trend...'

[img2]https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.net/si ... 2016_5.jpg[/img2]