Florida State Seminoles

The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 am

President Donald Trump boasted Monday that the nation added 45,000 mining jobs recently — but there's scant data to back that up. One thing there is evidence for: Only 800 coal mining jobs have been created during his tenure.

"In Pennsylvania, two weeks ago, they opened a mine, the first mine that was opened in decades....Well, we picked up 45,000 mining jobs in a very short period of time," Trump said during an event pegged to American manufacturing. "Everybody was saying, 'Well, you won’t get any mining jobs,' we picked up 45,000 mining jobs. Well, the miners are very happy with Trump and with Pence, and we’re very proud of that."

During the campaign, Trump repeatedly vowed to bring back coal jobs and attacked Hillary Clinton for turning her back on the industry.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates there are roughly 50,800 coal mining jobs nationwide, 800 of which have been added since Trump took office. (The six months before that, under President Barack Obama’s administration, 1,300 coal jobs were added.)

This isn't the first time we've heard Trump's numbers. Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt made a similar claim speaking about all mining and logging jobs earlier this year, earning a PolitiFact ruling of "mostly false."

BLS data estimates the nation has added roughly 41,500 new mining and logging jobs in the first six months of 2017, but just 1,000 of them are mining (not including oil and gas mining jobs, which account for another couple thousand.)

The White House didn't respond to a request for comment

The Pennsylvania mine opening that Trump touted on Monday is expected to create 70 jobs.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 pm

Trump lied, miners died...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:03 pm

hedge wrote:Trump lied, miners died...
Everything else he said was a lie. Why would this one thing be different?
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

10ac
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Must have took lessons from Clinton.
Let 'er Blow!

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 pm

One thing I wish Republican voters understood is that the New Deal worked. Putting disposable income into the hands of the middle class made our economy thrive. It was the most successful period in American history. But unfettered greed took over. 37 years of tax cuts for the rich, deregulation of Wall St in every way possible, and the offshoring of middle class jobs and where are we now? We're fucked, that's where. The rich have all the disposable income and the little guy is lucky to get a few bucks in food stamps without Hannity and Co playing a cruel game of "let's just kill the poor".
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm

The new deal had a bunch of ideas that failed. You could also argue that the advent of the war, putting thousands of men on the government script with women at home going to the factories to take their place pulled the country out of the depressions, and after winning the war, being the only manufacturing base in the world supporting years of pent up demand at home and rebuilding the world abroad did more than any new deal act could have ever imagined.

Then throw in the the growth of Unions and you had an era of middle class growth both in the cities and in the suburbs.

There is no arguing the disparity between the have's and have nots , and I think the republican party is as much to blame for it as anyone, but I don't believe for a second a massive wave of government funded programs and regulations are the answer. Might as well just commit to basic income for everyone if you're going to go that route.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:12 pm

eCat wrote:The new deal had a bunch of ideas that failed. You could also argue that the advent of the war, putting thousands of men on the government script with women at home going to the factories to take their place pulled the country out of the depressions, and after winning the war, being the only manufacturing base in the world supporting years of pent up demand at home and rebuilding the world abroad did more than any new deal act could have ever imagined.

Then throw in the the growth of Unions and you had an era of middle class growth both in the cities and in the suburbs.

There is no arguing the disparity between the have's and have nots , and I think the republican party is as much to blame for it as anyone, but I don't believe for a second a massive wave of government funded programs and regulations are the answer. Might as well just commit to basic income for everyone if you're going to go that route.
Going to war certainly helps your economy when you actually make bombs, guns, and other things. Fast forward to the last few decades and all war does now is let a select few make tons of money on the blood of the poor. FDR was not some superhero. He made mistakes. Internment camps and such. And he was a rich elite. But the fact remains. Creating a system that lets the middle class spend is one way for this ridiculous economic system of ours to remain viable. He understood that.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:25 am

Tree wrote:
hedge wrote:Trump lied, miners died...
Everything else he said was a lie. Why would this one thing be different?
Hearing a Clinton voter accuse ANYBODY of lying is like hearing Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes accuse others of sexual harrassment.
One thing I wish Republican voters understood is that the New Deal worked. Putting disposable income into the hands of the middle class made our economy thrive. It was the most successful period in American history. But unfettered greed took over. 37 years of tax cuts for the rich, deregulation of Wall St in every way possible, and the offshoring of middle class jobs and where are we now? We're fucked, that's where.
I actually kinda sorta agree with that. I could easily be an FDR-Truman-Kennedy-Johnson type of Democrat, but that type doesn't exist anymore.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:53 pm

bluetick wrote:That pic is a hoax. Exhibit A of how Trump fooled just enough of the people to get where he is.

http://www.snopes.com/antifa-member-pho ... e-officer/
Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that snopes is right (which is a yuge stretch, and which I do not concede); what about the other 9+ minutes of film footage of Antifa (the Democrats' SA) beating peaceful protesters up? Was that photoshopped too?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
bluetick wrote:That pic is a hoax. Exhibit A of how Trump fooled just enough of the people to get where he is.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that snopes is right (which is a yuge stretch, and which I do not concede)
https://www.usnews.com/.../ap-fact-chec ... eating-cop

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/.../photo-a ... sis-sho...

http://www.globalnews.ca/news/3667821/c ... hens-2009/

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/.../Fact-Che ... ng-Cop-...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:56 pm

That's like claiming that a single photo of the Kennedy assassination was doctored, and then concluding that Kennedy wasn't really assassinated, and then ignoring the Zapruder film. Second time asking:
Professor Tiger wrote:...what about the other 9+ minutes of film footage of Antifa (the Democrats' SA) beating peaceful protesters up? Was that photoshopped too?
I can understand why you really don't like the 9+ minutes of direct video exposing the brutal violence of your party's top tier community organizers, but c'mon, man. It is what it is. You and your fellow Democrats owe America an apology for what YOUR people are doing. In fact, we should start talking about reparations...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Kid Rock's response to a watchdog group accusing him of violating a federal election law was classic Kid Rock — " ... go f--- yourselves."

The group Common Cause says the Detroit musician violated the law by declaring himself a candidate for a U.S. Senate seat in Michigan but not registering his candidacy or reporting campaign contributions. They filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission and also asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate whether the musician —whose real name is Robert Ritchie — has violated election law.

Ritchie dismissed the allegations, issuing the following statement, "I am starting to see reports from the misinformed press and the fake news on how I am in violation of breaking campaign law. #1: I have still not officially announced my candidacy. #2: See #1 and go f--- yourselves."
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, that snopes is right (which is a yuge stretch, and which I do not concede); what about the other 9+ minutes of film footage of Antifa (the Democrats' SA) beating peaceful protesters up? Was that photoshopped too?
If you'd click the snopes link and read the article, it would be impossible to argue with it. Can you show me this 9 minute video? If it's as you describe, it sounds like some morons who need to be locked up.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Can you show me this 9 minute video? If it's as you describe, it sounds like some morons who need to be locked up.
Here you go, and yes they do.
Professor Tiger wrote:

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm As a review, here is Antifa's "self defense" in Berkeley a couple of days ago, that the Dartmouth faculty Democrats find so endearing:

[youtube]KGWmzGoQzgU[/youtube]
Next time, try to keep up, Cletus.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:49 am

I'll be glad when someone cuts loose with an M16 on mommy's precious retards.
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:47 am

It's tough to hide an M16 under your shirt.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:28 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
Can you show me this 9 minute video? If it's as you describe, it sounds like some morons who need to be locked up.
Here you go, and yes they do.
Professor Tiger wrote:

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm As a review, here is Antifa's "self defense" in Berkeley a couple of days ago, that the Dartmouth faculty Democrats find so endearing:

[youtube]KGWmzGoQzgU[/youtube]
Next time, try to keep up, Cletus.
It's interesting that the worst part of the video is the thumbnail that is a fake. Looks like a handful of morons but mostly just groups yelling at each other with the occasional fight. What I did not see is a car plowing through a crowd nor did I see anyone shooting at one of the protesters both of which happened in Charlottesville, as you know.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 am

so that makes one side promoting violence worse than the other.

one side promoting violence is justified in your mind.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:30 am

"What I did not see is a car plowing through a crowd nor did I see anyone shooting at one of the protesters both of which happened in Charlottesville, as you know."

Nor did Trump say there are some very fine folks on the left like he did with the alt right. An anti-fascist group popping up is certainly appropriate in this day and age. That goes beyond the current POTUS. Hard to agree with their tactics though. It's BLM all over again with the rightie propaganda machine hyper focusing on a few fringe elements and actions and making them the mainstream, and now millions of Americans who don't know any better are aligning themselves with, you guessed it, establishment fascism.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:32 am

I guess it's one of my weaknesses but I'm not too upset when I see Nazis getting hit. I know I shouldn't be like this but mild violence towards Nazis is not really something that bothers me.