Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:37 pm

In your opinion, which is guilty of committing more evil deeds: Trump or Kim?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Kim but that's almost entirely because of lack of constraints. I'm quite sure that if the roles were reversed, Trump would be doing the same stuff as Kim.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 pm

The chief researchers active on the DNC case are four: William Binney, formerly the NSA’s technical director for world geopolitical and military analysis and designer of many agency programs now in use; Kirk Wiebe, formerly a senior analyst at the NSA’s SIGINT Automation Research Center; Edward Loomis, formerly technical director in the NSA’s Office of Signal Processing; and Ray McGovern, an intelligence analyst for nearly three decades and formerly chief of the CIA’s Soviet Foreign Policy Branch. Most of these men have decades of experience in matters concerning Russian intelligence and the related technologies. This article reflects numerous interviews with all of them conducted in person, via Skype, or by telephone.

The customary VIPS format is an open letter, typically addressed to the president. The group has written three such letters on the DNC incident, all of which were first published by Robert Parry at www.consortiumnews.com. Here is the latest, dated July 24; it blueprints the forensic work this article explores in detail. They have all argued that the hack theory is wrong and that a locally executed leak is the far more likely explanation. In a letter to Barack Obama dated January 17, three days before he left office, the group explained that the NSA’s known programs are fully capable of capturing all electronic transfers of data. “We strongly suggest that you ask NSA for any evidence it may have indicating that the results of Russian hacking were given to WikiLeaks,” the letter said. “If NSA cannot produce such evidence—and quickly—this would probably mean it does not have any.”

from the guardian
wonder who the leaker was
betteryet wonder if Mueller will have this in his report

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 pm

Here's the original and extensive story about that. Shockingly, it comes from The Nation, America's answer to Pravda.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new ... -dnc-hack/

It is quite stunning. The Russians didn't hack the DNC computer. Period.

The investigators never even bothered to examine the DNC's computer that was supposedly hacked by the Russians. But you can bet Mueller will order a SWAT team to kick down the door of that author's home in the pre-dawn hours and seize his computer. That guy sounds dangerous and a threat to national security.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Good to see that Trump is teeing up a backup war in Venezuela in case this North Korea thing doesn't work out.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 pm

I just got back from Grenada, it's off the coast of Venezuela, we've already got a history there, and I can tell you, they'll fold like a cheap suit if we send a carrier down there. Or even a Coast Guard pontoon boat...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Cletus wrote:I hope Kim Jong-un is rational enough to realise that Trump is stupid enough to actually go to war with North Korea. My hope is that he likes his life as a dictator enough that he’s not really willing to throw the first stone, and subsequently lose everything.

Yeah. We’re at the point where my best hope is that the leader of North Korea, not the President of the United States, will be able to avert a nuclear war.

That there is even a question as to which of the two is more immature, and more likely to violently lash out, is unbelievable. But here we are.
I don't think Kim Jong-il is the madman the West makes him out to be. He and his dad have been there effectively running a successful slave plantation for decades. He doesn't want war with the US or anyone else b/c he knows it would end very, very badly for his regime and his country. He just wants to live in luxury and exploit, oppress, and sometimes kill the people of N Korea in peace. As long as we let him do that he will not make problems or push limits. He knows the rest of the world, especially the US, will not tolerate that. Any threats of using nukes are more or less for defensive purposes imo. You are correct that he is not only more mature, but more balanced and way more intelligent and cunning on matters of global politics than is Trump.
Butt juice

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:48 am

He just wants to live in luxury and exploit, oppress, and sometimes kill the people of N Korea in peace. As long as we let him do that he will not make problems or push limits.
That is precisely the kind of denial of reality, and Neville Chamberlain-esque magical thinking that got us into this mess in the first place.

Under three weak, feckless and delusional presidents of both parties, ALL WE HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS has been letting the Kim's "live in luxury and exploit, oppress, and sometimes kill the people of N Korea in peace." We have given them everything they ever demanded. And in return, ALL THEY HAVE DONE FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS HAS BEEN "make problems and push limits," like, most recently, making nukes and putting them on ICBM's aimed at us. DUH.

Trump is the first president in the past 24 years that lives in the real dog eat dog world and not the alternate reality of self-delusion and appeasement. For a change, this president knows exactly what he's doing and is doing it well. The days of running scared from that little fat dumpling are over. Now, when a Kim shakes his tiny fist at us, he can experience for the first time in a generation a US president shaking a great big nasty giant baseball bat at him, with the full willingness of using it, and make a KIM back down, not us.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 am

Pretty cool Nazi rally at UVA last night. How was it, Prof?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:19 am

You clearly didn't get the memo. After decades of calling everybody who disagrees with you a Nazi, it doesn't work anymore. I'll send you another copy...

But I saw you and tree on tv at the pro-Kim/anti-Trump rally in Pyongyang yesterday, adoring your dear leader. That's you and tree wearing white shirts, 2nd and 3rd from the left, amiright?:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 85391.html

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

When you’ve got a group of white guys chanting Nazi slogans (blood and soil), it’s a Nazi rally. You are a Nazi. Embrace it. You’re already one of the worst people on earth so may as well go all the way.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:54 am

"Now, when a Kim shakes his tiny fist at us, he can experience for the first time in a generation a US president shaking a great big nasty giant baseball bat at him, with the full willingness of using it"

Jesus must be so proud to have as his follower someone as attuned to his teachings as you clearly are, and who proves it everyday (as you most certainly do) with words like this...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 am

Here's a Nazi rally from 1939 in Madison Square Garden. Roosevelt (who they called "Rosenfeld", and the New Deal "the Jew Deal" - how clever) was their Obama, while George Washington (ye gods) was their Trump. I bet Prof's grandpappy was an usher...

http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/america ... rden-1939/
Last edited by hedge on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:08 am

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:18 am

Nice try.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:45 am

Things don’t look so good at UVA right now (unless you are a Nazi like Prof). The good news is that things will calm down tomorrow so all these good and devout Christians can go to church. Maybe the one positive thing religion has ever given the world even if temporary.

Sardis and Prof, make sure you stay hydrated at the rally.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:06 pm

LMAO. Take another swing with your purse.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm glad that the base clearly identified themselves today. There is no ambiguity whatsoever what supporting Trump means. You are part of that base, that group that loves the guy more than ever? You are a Nazi.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Perhaps Trump just wants to claim victory over his opponents by calling them out for Godwins Law.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.