Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:20 am

This is it! Here is the smoking gun! Obama is going to jail for this!
Former U.N. Amb. Power Unmasked ‘Hundreds’ In Final Year Of Obama Admin

Former United Nations Ambassador Samantha Power is believed to have made "hundreds" of unmasking requests to identify individuals named in classified intelligence community reports related to Trump and his presidential transition team, according to multiple sources who said the behavior is unprecedented for an official in her position.

Little justification was provided for the request of this sensitive classified information, which government insiders described as outside the purview of a U.N. ambassador.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... ama-admin/
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:53 am

You and your ilk propelled Trump into the presidency with chants of "lock her up" aimed at Hillary. Frankly you and your kind don't have any clue as to what nefarious schemes Hillary nor Trump nor anybody else have involved themselves in (and not just b/c you're idiots, although that's part of it), but it basically comes down to if it's Hillary or a Dem, lock em up, if it's Trump of a Repub, move along, nothing to see here. And of course the same goes the other way as well. Politics has become a sport and many citizens have become nothing more than rabid fans who love "their" team and hate the other one. Even worse, it's become like pro wrestling, with about the same amount of consideration, i.e., none, as wrestling fans give to their favorite wrestler's policy positions before they decide to "like" him and hate whoever he's wrestling against.

Say what you want about Obama, but at least most of his detractors didn't like him b/c of his policies, and not anything to do with his demeanor or personal or professional behavior. In that regard, he was as dignified, well-spoken and "presidential" as you could possibly hope for. Actually, though, now that I think of it, those characteristics were anathema to many of the people who didn't like him. With Trump, they've gotten Ric Flair, and that's exactly what they wanted...
Last edited by hedge on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 am

That said, I'm sure Trump is a crook and he will be exposed. At the very least, he's an idiot and a charlatan, and to me that's more unforgivable than being a crook...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 am

https://www.salon.com/2017/08/02/comman ... -handicap/

Treason is bad, but golf cheats are the sorriest sumbitches period.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 am

The president’s official handicap is listed at 2.8, which means he shoots around 75 on a golf course with a par of 72.
That is not what that means. A 2.8 index is a 3-4 handicap on most courses. A player like that most likely had an average score in the high 70s or even low 80s.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 am

Say what you want about Obama, but at least most of his detractors didn't like him b/c of his policies, and not anything to do with his demeanor or personal or professional behavior. In that regard, he was as dignified, well-spoken and "presidential" as you could possibly hope for.
I agree with this. Obama was/is a good and decent man. I disagreed with a lot of his policies, but as a human being he was/is first rate. Sorta like Jimmy Carter, another standup guy.

Now some of Obama's underlings - Hillary, Koskinnen, Lerner, Rice, Lynch, Comey - were complete sleazeballs. But I do respect Obama as a person.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:01 am

so tic uou got Seymour hersch saying fbi has riches laptop and he was the leaker.
pullitzer prize winning hersch
my lai massacre journalist Hirsch along with abu ghraib herschsaying on tape the fbi knows rich was the informant
not Russia not trump but dnc insider seth rich
a theme wheeler the private investigator trumpeted while working with the rich family according to his fbi informant

but yet you yammer on about trump and the commies of which again there is no proof

so Mueller will find out trump took an illegal deductible or forgot a hundred dollars in income or whatever bogus charge he can comeup with that indicts him for something irs related im sure
and the house will try to impeach and create months of made for tv impeachment proceedings that will make our democracy look all that much more swamp like
to the rest of the world
isn't a single individual here who hasn't done something in the past that if Mueller and his team of hack artists wouldn't find something to continue this charade
course the irs has aaudited trump a million times so who knows maybe they'' get nothing

but I just find it interesting with the growing chorus that rich was the leak in the dnc that you msnbc stockholders continue to ignore that aspect of the story

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:31 am

Frankly you and your kind don't have any clue as to what nefarious schemes Hillary nor Trump nor anybody else have involved themselves in
None of us know exactly what nefarious schemes Trump was involved in, but we all know exactly what nefarious schemes Hillary was involved in. Many of them were investigated, and we have the final reports. Here, read the "nefarious schemes" of Hillary's home brew server and emails for yourself, according to the official report by Comey's FBI:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press ... estigation

Likewise, regarding Hillary's nefarious schemes surrounding Benghazi, here, read the final report of the House committee that investigated it:

https://benghazi.house.gov/NewInfo

Those are some pretty big clues" as to what nefarious schemes Hillary involved herself in.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:39 am

"None of us know exactly what nefarious schemes Trump was involved in, but we all know exactly what nefarious schemes Hillary was involved in. Many of them were investigated, and we have the final reports."

But yet you don't want Trump to even be investigated...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 am

As far as taking mulligans on the golf course, you're really not even supposed to take one (much less multiple ones), but I bet anybody in here who plays golf (besides Cletus) does so every time they play. Cletus, what is the protocol on that? If it's just guys fucking around, is it considered OK? Or is that something you would never do?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:55 am

hedge wrote:But yet you don't want Trump to even be investigated...
I'm fine with Trump being investigated. But it is reasonable to expect that the investigation be fair, impartial, and focus on the Russian collusion conspiracy theory. So far, it appears that the investigation is not impartial. Mueller is a personal friend of Comey, who is a major figure in the investigation. That's unethical, and probably illegal all by itself. Then there's the fact that Mueller's team consists mostly of Democrat donors. That reaks of conflict of interest. You wouldn't like it if an independent counsel investigating Hillary had the Koch brothers on the team.

And it is now clear that the investigation of alleged Trump-Russia collusion will go into anything and everything about Trump, whether or not it has anything to do with Russia. So if Trump had a labor dispute in Scotland, which has nothing to do with Russia, Mueller is going to want to investigate that too. This demonstrates the goal is not to find out if Trump colluded with the Russians. The goal is to find something - anything - to destroy Trump. You wouldn't like it if a special counsel investigating Hillary's emails also wanted all the documents related to the Clinton Foundation, Uranium One, unmasking and leaking, Imran Awan, Seth Rich, etc.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:18 am

Cletus wrote:
The president’s official handicap is listed at 2.8, which means he shoots around 75 on a golf course with a par of 72.
That is not what that means. A 2.8 index is a 3-4 handicap on most courses. A player like that most likely had an average score in the high 70s or even low 80s.
So.....fake news?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 am

crashcourse wrote:
but I just find it interesting with the growing chorus that rich was the leak in the dnc that you msnbc stockholders continue to ignore that aspect of the story
crash, Sy Hersch is 80 yrs old and went 'round the bend several years back. He falsely accused an American troop detachment of sodomizing Iraqi boys and no one gave him the time of day after that. Of late, he peddled a story that Assad didn't use gas rockets in April - he used conventional weapons and accidentally hit a chemical factory, and that Trump knew this but took out the Syrian airstrip anyway. He's a nutjob recluse. Call him up and tell him you are a postman and tell him something really salacious - he'll repeat it "as given by a gov't source."

There is no "growing chorus" about Rich and the DNC leak. Fox and Hannity won't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Maybe you heard why that is.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:03 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
I'm fine with Trump being investigated.
Oh. Okay.
You wouldn't like it if a special counsel investigating Hillary's emails also wanted all the documents related to the Clinton Foundation, Uranium One, unmasking and leaking, Imran Awan, Seth Rich, etc.
A)You left out Benghazi.

B) The mandate of the special counsel specifically states he can expose wrongdoing unrelated to the subject at hand. You said it yourself - that's why Whitewater turned into white semen on a dress. It is what it is. Bill paid his price, now we'll see what lies ahead for The Donald. Whine about the unfairness of it all.. ad nauseum..but the process is going to play out.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:59 am

hedge wrote:As far as taking mulligans on the golf course, you're really not even supposed to take one (much less multiple ones), but I bet anybody in here who plays golf (besides Cletus) does so every time they play. Cletus, what is the protocol on that? If it's just guys fucking around, is it considered OK? Or is that something you would never do?
A mulligan off the first tee is usually ok and people tend to be pretty liberal with giving short putts. But, other than that, I never see anyone take a mulligan. I guess we'll make an exception for a truly horrible player if he whiffs or something but that's rare. If you are out fucking around then it's ok but, in that case, you are practicing, not playing, and won't be posting a score. If you are planning to post the score for your handicap and you take mulligans, it's blatant cheating. In general, handicaps are already way too low for most players because they don't play by the rules and they rarely putt a short putt. When those guys get into competition, it's amazing how much higher their scores go. We see it every year in the club championship. We have a lot of low handicaps but only a few guys that can actually win because we are the only ones who have played a lot of real competitive golf and, as a result, the spread between our casual weekend game and tournament game is not very wide. I bet Trump is the guy with a 1 or 2 who then shoots 88 when it counts. Or, worse, he's the guy who doesn't turn in a card at the end. Those guys are the worst.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:20 pm

"Mueller is a personal friend of Comey, who is a major figure in the investigation."

Yeah, it's not like when they appointed Bill Clinton's old buddy Ken Starr as the chief investigator in his case...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:22 pm

"You wouldn't like it if an independent counsel investigating Hillary had the Koch brothers on the team. "

So people who donated a few hundred bucks to "the democrats" is the same as the Koch brother? OK, got it...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 pm

"We see it every year in the club championship."

Are you still a member of the Caddyshack-like club?

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 pm

I would think trump would be pretty good--not a 2 or 3 imagine he plays the ball down just because golf courses and that aspect is something he's done a long time.
didn't read the article but yeah we are all guilty of fudging things every once in awhile. Cletus once in a blue moon me we play it up because our golf course sucks down with a good course and trump maybe omewhere in between

tic I understand your Hirsch views but hes on tape his story makes sense he won a pullitzer prize and if you don't think DC is full of leakers looking to make a profit as opposed to the Russians somehow getting into her server--well especially in this climate leaking makes a helluva lot more sense