Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 am

Now that the Trump-Russia witch hunt is clearly running out of steam, there are several other investigations just getting started:

The outgoing Obama administration's surge in unmasking and leaking of US citizens - largely Trump people - during and after the election. Nothing fishy about a sitting US president using his official NSA and FBI agencies to spy on the campaign staff of his party's opposition during an election? Even Nixon wasn't brazen enough to try that.

Loretta Lynch's obstruction of justice by meeting with Bill Clinton on that tarmac, and her ordering Comey to start calling the email investigation a "matter" not an investigation.

Team Hillary's secret collusion with the Ukranians.

How Hillary signed off on an agreement that gave the Russians controlling interest in the US uranium industry in return for the Russians' generous contributions to her family's pseudo-charity slush fund and lucrative speeches by Bill.

The blatant conflict of interest in Mueller investigating a case involving one of his best friends - Comey. As well as Mueller staffing his team with nothing but Democrat political hacks, each with their own conflicts of interest.

The bizarre tale of Debbie Wasserman Schultz hiring a shady Pakistani, who had little computer experience, who was already under investigation by the House had been already banned from access to their computer system, giving him the highest salary allowed, tried to prevent law enforcement from examining his computers, who then smashed his computers before trying to flee the country after wiring $250K back home.

Two can play this investigation game. The Democrats are, as they say in the military, "A target rich environment."
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 am

Yeah, it's obvious you don't watch Fox News religiously, it's just a coincidence that you parrot their exact talking points from the previous night's lineup every single day...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am

Sounds like you watch Fox more than I do since you know what they are saying and I do not.

I don't watch CNN or MSNBC much either, but I can tell you what they are saying every day and night nonstop 24/7:

Trump is evil.
Trump must be destroyed by any means necessary.
"Art" that depicts Trump being assassinated and beheaded is beautiful and should be encouraged.
Trump colluded with the Russians and hacked the US election.
Trump is an illegitimate President.
We hated Comey and blamed him for Hillary's loss, but since Trump fired him, now we love him.
Trump is Putin's puppet and is doing everything his shirtless master commands.
Trump is Satan, even though we don't believe Satan exists.
Trump's family is the spawn of Satan.
Trump's family colluded with the Russians and hacked the US election.
Trump is a liar.
Trump's family is a bunch of liars.
Trump is Beelzebub, even though we don't believe Beelzebub exists.
Trump is a racist sexist bigoted homophobic transphobic xenophobic Islamophobic pig.
Anybody who likes Trump is also a racist sexist bigoted homophobic transphobic xenophobic pig.
Everybody who voted for Trump now hates Trump.
The investigation into Trump-Russian will lead to his impeachment in a matter of months.
How are we going to survive Trump for the next 3.5 years?
Trump is Lucifer, even though we don't believe Lucifer exists.
Trump is trying to destroy our democracy.
Trump paid Russian hookers to pee on his bed.
Trump is a leading cause of climate change, which will kill us all.
Trump wants all of us to die.
All the smart and cool people on the coasts say so, therefore it must all be true.

etc etc etc

You don't need to watch CNN and MSNBC to know what they are saying. I get %90 of my news from the internet, starting with Real Clear Politics, which offers stories across the ideological spectrum. But if Fox wants to parrot what I'm thinking, then I'm okay with that.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 am

Yeah, Fox is parroting you. Right, got it...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm

That shouldn't be too surprising. I'm kind of a big deal.

In other news, Al Gore - the Pope of the AGW Religion - burns 21 times as much energy per year as the average US home.
In powering his home, Gore still greatly outpaces most Americans in energy consumption. The findings were shocking:
• The past year, Gore's home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.3,4
• Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.5
• In September of 2016, Gore's home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.
• During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.
• From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills.6
• Gore paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore's typical monthly energy consumption.
O the delicious hypocracy.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:30 pm

well well well

look who jumped on the conspiracy train

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

and look what story he is digging up

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... E2%80%93-w

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:How's that Trump collusion/impeachment thing going?
Grand jury. Probably means he's found nothing.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 pm

crashcourse wrote:well well well

look who jumped on the conspiracy train

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

and look what story he is digging up

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... E2%80%93-w
Uh oh....

Hersh had better hire a body guard ASAP, lest the same thing that happened to Rich also happen to him.

Unfortunately, if this information is in the hands of an operative of the deep state in the FBI, there's a good chance it has already been bleachbit'd and smashed with a hammer, like every other electronic record of everything Hillary and the Dem's have done to official and subpeona'd records in their possession.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Cletus wrote:
That may well be. Judging from the crew of Democrat donors Mueller hired for his "impartial" investigation, I'm surprised George Soros wasn't hired. The mission statement of Mueller's clown car investigative team might as well be the same as that of the media:
Trump is evil.
Trump must be destroyed by any means necessary.
"Art" that depicts Trump being assassinated and beheaded is beautiful and should be encouraged.
Trump colluded with the Russians and hacked the US election.
Trump is an illegitimate President.
We hated Comey and blamed him for Hillary's loss, but since Trump fired him, now we love him.
Trump is Putin's puppet and is doing everything his shirtless master commands.
Trump is Satan, even though we don't believe Satan exists.
Trump's family is the spawn of Satan.
Trump's family colluded with the Russians and hacked the US election.
Trump is a liar.
Trump's family is a bunch of liars.
Trump is Beelzebub, even though we don't believe Beelzebub exists.
Trump is a racist sexist bigoted homophobic transphobic xenophobic Islamophobic pig.
Anybody who likes Trump is also a racist sexist bigoted homophobic transphobic xenophobic pig.
Everybody who voted for Trump now hates Trump.
The investigation into Trump-Russian will lead to his impeachment in a matter of months.
How are we going to survive Trump for the next 3.5 years?
Trump is Lucifer, even though we don't believe Lucifer exists.
Trump is trying to destroy our democracy.
Trump paid Russian hookers to pee on his bed.
Trump is a leading cause of climate change, which will kill us all.
Trump wants all of us to die.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:41 pm

"Judging from the crew of Democrat donors Mueller hired for his "impartial" investigation"

Once again, a main talking point on Hannity last night. He was listing people who donated $500 to "the democrats", like that's some sign that the person has a political agenda...

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Cletus wrote:
Damn. Got there ahead of me.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s has impaneled a grand jury in Washington, The Wall Street Journal reports, in the latest sign his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election is moving quickly.

A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment to the newspaper, and President Trump’s attorney, Ty Cobb, said he was unaware of a grand jury but welcomed any steps that brought the investigation closer to its conclusion. That’s somewhat different from Trump, who has called the investigation “the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history.”

Separately, CNN reported that Mueller’s probe has now expanded well past the 2016 election. “Sources described an investigation that has widened to focus on possible financial crimes, some unconnected to the 2016 elections, alongside the ongoing scrutiny of possible illegal coordination with Russian spy agencies and alleged attempts by President Donald Trump and others to obstruct the FBI investigation,” the report said, adding that investigators were combing through Trump’s business empire.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Once again, I didn't watch Hannity last night. I did google "Mueller team democrat donors." Try it right now. The first story:

Mueller Hires Another Democratic Donor | The Daily Caller
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/01/muell ... tic-donor/

Meet the Seven Democratic Donors Mueller has Hired At Least Seven Democratic Donors For His Investigation
http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/06/muell ... stigation/

I have no need to listen to Fox to get my news. Besides, even if I did (which I didn't) so what? Fox is WAY less biased than ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, LAT, USA Today, etc. Half the people at Fox can't stand Trump. You'll never find anybody in the MSM that likes Trump.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Separately, CNN reported that Mueller’s probe has now expanded well past the 2016 election. “Sources described an investigation that has widened to focus on possible financial crimes, some unconnected to the 2016 elections, alongside the ongoing scrutiny of possible illegal coordination with Russian spy agencies and alleged attempts by President Donald Trump and others to obstruct the FBI investigation,” the report said, adding that investigators were combing through Trump’s business empire.
Translation: There isn't anything to prove Trump colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election, which is what that whole thing was supposed to be about. So now we are going to give Trump a proctoscopic examination until we find something - anything - else to get him. That is the goal.

Mueller is going to Ken Starr Trump. Starr started out investigating Whitewater, but there was nothing there. But he kept looking until he found Clinton's genetic material on Monica's cocktail dress. That's what's going on here with Trump.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Translation: There isn't anything to prove Trump colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election, which is what that whole thing was supposed to be about. So now we are going to give Trump a proctoscopic examination until we find something - anything - else to get him. That is the goal.
You must've hit your head. Trumptards are into the "collusion isn't a crime" phase after Donald Jr. had to give up the "I love it" emails. Now it's revealed that Donald Sr. crafted Jr's lie about the true nature of the conspiracy meeting.
Mueller is going to Ken Starr Trump. Starr started out investigating Whitewater, but there was nothing there. But he kept looking until he found Clinton's genetic material on Monica's cocktail dress. That's what's going on here with Trump.
You've staked everything on Russia being a big zero. You'd take a few financial crimes in a heartbeat if only the G-men would lose the scent of treason.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Here we go again. Is this the latest of MANY cases where something happens, and you say "THIS IS IT! THIS WILL BRING DOWN TRUMP! Then it fizzles. Then on to the next "THIS IS IT!" moment. Then it fizzles too. Etc etc etc.

Yes, I still think the Russia thing is a great big dud. After all the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth for the past 6 months, all you've got so far is Junior was a little too excited about getting oppo research from a handful of shady Russians. That's it. The funniest part is you voted for Hillary, who committed more and greater felonies in a typical weekend than Trump has even been accused of. Hearing cries of "TREASON!" and "CONSPIRACY!" from a Hillary voter is like hearing lectures on the evils of date rape from Bill Cosby. It's cute.

But I'll give you this. Now that the Mueller partisan fishing expedition has set sail, it will not return without a trophy. Mueller will probably find something of substance eventually. But it won't have anything to do with Russia. You can't be a real estate mogul doing business in NYC, and all over the world, and be squeaky clean. Mueller will find something that we can't possibly imagine now. Maybe Trump bribed an official for a building permit, or threatened to show a sex tape of a bureaucrat with his mistress to the guy's wife in order to get a zoning variance, or falsified documents saying that the batteries in the smoke detectors were all changed when they weren't.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:27 pm

"Mueller will find something that we can't possibly imagine now."

Speak for yourself...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 pm

Maybe they'll discover that he really did shoot somebody walking down Fifth Avenue, and I suspect he'll be proven correct that half his supporters won't care...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Maybe they'll discover that he really did shoot somebody walking down Fifth Avenue
That will be the next iteration of the Russian conspiracy theory. "Russians collude with Trump to shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:53 pm

This is a good time for me to remind everybody of what a real conspiracy and collusion would look like:

"Hey Vlad. Don here. Listen, I've got a great idea: if you can get me elected president by, say, getting a bunch of blue collar former Obama voters in PA, OH, WI and MI to vote for me, then as president, I won't lift a finger if you want to invade the rest of Ukraine or the Balkans."

You get a tape or an email of something like that, and I'll join your lynch mob. But you don't have anything close to that. If you ever do, wake me up.