Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am

Jared Kushner forgot to bleachbit his records. Besides, all his meetings with the Russians were about yoga and wedding plans.

Hearing a Hillary Clinton voter complain about lying is like hearing Bill Clinton preach against adultery.

In an extremely rare moment of sanity, CNN actually produced a non-fake story:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/opinions/ ... index.html

Summary: Trump's base could care less about Russia, and the more the Left continues on their witch hunt, the more Trump backers rally around him. There were enough Deplorables to elect a Trump in 2016, and there will be enough of them to reelect him in 2020.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:12 pm

After months of hysteria, hand wringing and finger pointing...Schumer tries something novel, for a democrat....honesty.

“When you lose to somebody who has 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things — Comey, Russia—you blame yourself,” Schumer said in an interview with the Washington Post. “So what did we do wrong? People didn’t know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that.” A recent poll found that 52 percent of Americans think the Democratic Party “just stands against Trump” while only 37 percent think it actually “stands for something.”

Clinton has taken responsibility for her loss, although she has also mentioned a variety of factors that contributed to the results in November, including the decision by then-FBI chief James Comey to reopen the investigation into her emails near the end of the campaign. She has also mentioned Russia’s well-reported efforts to affect the outcome of the election.

Schumer spoke to the Post ahead of the unveiling of the new Democratic Party economic platform on Monday that has been dubbed “A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future.”

....and uh, LMAO @ "Better Jobs". Does he have another industry (besides coal) in mind that needs shuttering?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 pm

In the Leftists' eternal search to solve all the world's problems, they now give us this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/25/pr ... inity.html

As if there was ever any doubt, it is abundantly evident that the Leftists are now the official party of Lady Parts.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:13 pm

President Donald Trump gave an interview to The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday, in which he discussed his thoughts on the fate of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who he has repeatedly and publicly bashed for recusing himself from the Russia investigation.

Many commentators have pointed out that Sessions, despite angering the president over his recusal, has been particularly loyal to the president since he was one of the first prominent lawmakers to throw his support behind Trump’s long-shot bid for the presidency.

But Trump apparently doesn’t see things that way, implying in his interview with the Journal that Sessions only backed his campaign in February 2016 because of his crowd sizes:

“When they say he endorsed me, I went to Alabama,” Trump told the Journal. “I had 40,000 people. He was a senator from Alabama. I won the state by a lot, massive numbers. A lot of the states I won by massive numbers. But he was a senator, he looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, ’What do I have to lose?’ And he endorsed me. So it’s not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement. But I’m very disappointed in Jeff Sessions.”

That remarkably bitter swipe is likely to anger Sessions, who is already “totally pissed off about” the situation, according to reports.

“It’s not like a great loyal thing about the endorsement,” Trump also said. “I’m very disappointed in Jeff Sessions.”

Though the president declined to say whether he intended to fire the attorney general, he reiterated his frustration with his recusal from the Russia probe, and belief that decision led to the appointment of special prosecutor Robert Mueller — whose investigation he has repeatedly derided as a “witch hunt.”

Trump is an asshole of epic proportions. You guys really picked a winner.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:18 pm

You guys really picked a winner.

That's right. Trump was the winner in the election. And you're going to have to live with that for the next 3.5 - 7.5 years. And that's what's driving you so crazy, isn't it?

But cheer up. Here is some information to bring cheer to you supporters of the Party of Lady Parts:

Sperm Counts Have Plummeted Among Western Men, Scientists Confirm

http://gizmodo.com/sperm-counts-are-dec ... 1797231662

The Dem's should be overjoyed that their long war against masculinity is finally paying off. The next generation is being deposited into tube socks in parents' basements beside the video game controllers all across America. Congratulations!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:50 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
You guys really picked a winner.

That's right. Trump was the winner in the election. And you're going to have to live with that for the next 3.5 - 7.5 years. And that's what's driving you so crazy, isn't it?
I've lived half my life with a R in the WH, so no...losing hardly drives me crazy. The thing is, none of those guys were the embarrassing spectacle that Trump is. The guy is 71 - do you think his hair color is naturally golden? That fucking pompadour thing on his head is ridiculous and I know you know it. A pompadour comb-over...guh. The little hands that never keep still, the puckered lips, the tanning booth orange skin with the raccoon eyes...omg, Trump's an old ofay clown in an Italian suit.

All THAT and I'm only talking visuals. You yourself have made the case that he's batshit crazy. I'll rest my case right there...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 pm

bluetick wrote:The guy is 71 - do you think his hair color is naturally golden? That fucking pompadour thing on his head is ridiculous and I know you know it. A pompadour comb-over...guh. The little hands that never keep still, the puckered lips, the tanning booth orange skin with the raccoon eyes...omg, Trump's an old ofay clown in an Italian suit.

All THAT and I'm only talking visuals.
That post was entertaining. It was like you were reading from a 15 year old girl's diary about another 15 year old girl who stole her boyfriend:

"She's a skank and a whore and I hate her because she doesn't dye her roots and wears those ridiciculous hoop ear rings that went out of style like two years ago and what's the deal about the color of that blouse is that like some kind of gorilla skin and she is - O MY GOD - SOOOOO incredibly fat I bet she needs help from her friends - as if she had any friends - GROSS! - getting into those army boots she calls high heels and that disgusting skirt she wears like every day which doesn't even BEGIN to cover those sausages she calls legs and are TOTALLY disgusting and she looks like she doesn't even use a razor when she shaves them as if she even shaves them in the first place because no boy is ever going to pay attention to a fat slut like her and how could she ever have stolen Steve from me gotta go eat a whole quart of cookie dough ice cream now and I never liked Steve anyway and I hope he is secretly gay and gives her AIDS."

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:56 pm

All that said, I concede that the vast majority of Trump's tweets are indeed batshit crazy. Straight up nuts. The kind of things one would expect from a guy running down Main Street naked while being chased by two men with nets. I won't even try to defend them. That was the case back in the campaign, when he attacked a gold star family, and it is true today with the stuff about Sessions. You got me there.

Good thing he governs WAY better than he tweets.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Another nice job of governing today with the transgender ban in the military. What little governing he's done has been all aimed at excluding people and marginalizing those who were already weak and with little power. He's truly the worst.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 pm

The US military is no place for liberals to use as a playground for their identity politics social engineering experiments. Keep that drivel in colleges, which are already generating countless unemployable snowflakes. But leave the military alone. They have a real, and important, job to do.

Trump is making America's military great again.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Cletus wrote:Another nice job of governing today with the transgender ban in the military. What little governing he's done has been all aimed at excluding people and marginalizing those who were already weak and with little power. He's truly the worst.
There is no such thing as "transgender." There are only two genders and you don't get to pick the one you are. God picks. You live with it.

Anyone who thinks that they are "transgender" and thinks they need "gender corrective surgery", they need a psychiatrist. They have a mental health problem, not a gender problem. Biology is always correct. Your mental health.... (meh)... not so much.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Never mind that man behind the curtain....!!!!
National Review wrote:In the Morning Jolt, Jim nicely outlines the increasingly bizarre story of a family of Pakistani information technologists who became House staffers under the auspices of Representative Debbie Wasserman Shultz (DWS) of Florida, the former head of the Democratic National Committee and a Clinton partisan. Over the years, family members were paid millions of dollars, and there are allegations of fraud, property theft, and potential swiping of information to which they had access on the House IT network.

The entire story merits attention and follow-up, working backwards from yesterday’s arrest of Imran Awan, DWS’s top IT staffer, whom she has gone to great lengths to protect despite the swirling investigation. Awan was bagged trying to flee to Lahore, Pakistan. According to the complaint filed in federal court in support of his arrest, Awan wired $283,000 in January from the Congressional Federal Credit Union to Faisalabad, Pakistan. He has been charged with bank fraud in a scheme involving mortgages on various properties owned by the Awan family. The FBI has also reportedly searched his home, seizing computer hard drives that had been smashed to pieces.

For now, I want to focus on a narrow part of the story. In early March, as Jim details, Imran’s wife, Hina Alvi, suddenly left the country for Lahore, by way of Doha, Qatar. Notwithstanding the return flight she booked for a date in September 2017, the FBI believes that she actually has no intention to return to the U.S. She had abruptly pulled the couple’s three daughters out of school without alerting the school’s staff, and brought them with her — along with lots of luggage and household goods — to Pakistan.

Hivna had also been on the House payroll.

I want to draw attention to a detail about her apparent flight. According to the aforementioned complaint, agents of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) found $12,400 in cash when they searched her belongings. Yet, “ALVI was permitted to board the flight to Qatar and she and her daughters have not returned to the United States.” Her husband, Awan, appeared to be headed to join her when he was arrested yesterday.

Why was Hina Alvi permitted to leave? Why was she not arrested?

Under federal law, a person may carry as much cash in or out of the U.S. as she wishes. There are, however, reporting requirements. A Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments must be completed and filed with CBP if the amount of currency being removed from the country exceeds $10,000. An effort to smuggle out such an amount of cash without completing the report form is a felony, punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment. If it is done in conjunction with some other crime (e.g., fraud), or as part of a pattern of illegal activity, the penalty is up to ten years’ imprisonment.

The complaint does not indicate whether Alvi filed the currency-transportation report. I would be very surprised if she did. The form requires the person providing information to identify whose money it is, how the person transporting it came to have it, where it is destined to go, who is to receive it, and so on. Whether a person in the middle of a fraud probe provides truthful information or lies in answering these questions, the answers are usually relevant to the investigation. If she’d filled out the form, you’d expect to find reference to it in the complaint.

So, given the highly suspicious circumstances of her sudden flight from the country, and the indications that the CBP agents had grounds to arrest and detain her, why was Alvi permitted to board the plane and fly to Doha?
No no, the media is NOT permitted to talk about this. Only Russia and Trump and linking the two is allowed to be reported. There is nothing to see here.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 am

Democratic Staffer Arrested on Bank Fraud Charge - AP, NBCNews, CNN, Fox News, WSJ, NYT, WaPo, Politico, Business Insider, The Hill, etc ad nauseum

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 am

If that staffer had been of Russian descent, she would be part of The Conspiracy.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:58 am

Cletus wrote:Another nice job of governing today with the transgender ban in the military. What little governing he's done has been all aimed at excluding people and marginalizing those who were already weak and with little power. He's truly the worst.
so your ok with someone claiming to be transgender--becomes eligible for surgery/hormone treatments while on active duty--waits the 18 months --has the surgery--is out another 6 months --time to ets--then claims multiple medical/mental conditions and becomes 100% service connected you pay him/her 3k a month for the rest of their lives

I know of four transsexuals--everyone of themn is 100% sc
everyone of them aggressively started changeover after completion of time in military
everyone of them is either diagnosed as bipolar/anxiety disorder or some kind depression

they do not belong in the military

that's why trump will be endorsed by vets and active duty--he's making decisions despite the furor it causes that place America first

I cant stand the rest of him but in the long run his governing benefits the majority of americans and more importantly our kids and grnadkids who will be bankrupted by entitlements in the future if your girl would have got in

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am

Yes, America first!*

*except for those Americans who are weird or gross, they go last.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:33 am

I'm with McCain - don't kick out trannys after you've spent millions and millions to train them.

The other issue - Trump anointed himself as the president who would do more for transsexuals than any prez in history. Then he pulls this 180 on them, apparently in a bid to get a bill unstuck in Congress that'll fund his border wall. Same ol' same ol' - Trump demands loyalty of others but gives none in return. Il douche.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 pm

what they are going to do is sap up VA resources
show an inability to be dependable
spend a LOT of time on sick call or are undeployable
and are not worth the "millions" to train them
I know 4--I did't know any that were able to function in a military environment without being medically retired with disability now

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:44 pm

If some people have a fictitious view of themselves, then that's up to them. Just don't demand that I participate in that fiction because I won't. And DEFINITELY don't ask to use tax money to finance that fiction.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Yes, you are a real champion of reality, mr professional religion guy. Honestly, the fact that both you and IB come down so strongly on one side is a lot of evidence where the truth lies.

Banning these people from the military is nothing more than a hate fueled pandering to the cretin base. It has nothing to do with the strength of the military or healthcare costs. Based on the reaction, it seems to be working.