Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Cletus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 pm

I notice you didn't answer my question. Too humiliated that your whole meager existence has been made possible because of government handouts? I guess it's true that you hate most in others which you hate about yourself.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 pm

It's now past 9pm eastern and Sessions still hasn't turned in his resignation. For every hour that passes without him walking out, his man-card withers away towards nothingness.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Cletus wrote:I notice you didn't answer my question. Too humiliated that your whole meager existence has been made possible because of government handouts? I guess it's true that you hate most in others which you hate about yourself.
No humiliation here. I just said I had a bunch of low level private sector jobs in my life, none of which were subsidized by the government. That is why I respect people who work at those jobs. I don't demean or disrespect them like you and many liberals do. You should be embarrassed that you and your ilk have wandered so far away from your party's former noble mission of standing up for working class people against greedy corporatist Republicans who would screw them over in a heartbeat. Nowadays, Democrats are just as greedy and corporatist as Republicans, but at least the Republicans don't fraudulently pretend that they are the party of the little guy like Dem's do.

So, to answer your question, let's review my private sector jobs, that collectively supported my meager existence for about 13 years, and I'll tell you how many government subsidies they had:

Baskin-Robins ice cream dipper: zero government subsidies.
Pizza parlor waiter (I forgot about that one): zero government subsidies.
Swimming pool cleaner: zero government subsidies. (Why would that bother eCat?)
Newspaper deliverer: zero government subsidies.
Musician (I forgot about that one too. Probably because I was stoned a lot at that job): zero government subsidies.
Lawn mower: zero government subsidies.
Marble bathroom fixture maker: zero government subsidies.
Small civilian church pastor: zero government subsidies. If the government was sending us welfare checks, let me assure you they didn't arrive. We met in a rented space, so no property taxes incurred. We took in about $2K a month, gross. They paid me $1k (from which I paid self-employment tax) and the rest went to rent and newspaper ads. So I'm not sure what taxes you think we were being exempted from.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:50 am

"For every hour that passes without him walking out, his man-card withers away towards nothingness."

Jesus christ, if you have had the misfortune to hear Sessions speak on any subject, or even just look at his face, you can tell immediately that he is a closeted faggoth. Not that faggoths can't be manly, but Sessions fits every stereotype of the pansy faggoth to a tee. Not that there's anything wrong with that, either, necessarily, but when you spend your whole life repressing who and what you really are and at the same time oppressing others who aren't as big a pussy as yourself and want to live openly as pansy faggoths, not to mention all the other types of people you seek to revenge yourself upon based on the bullshit southern baptist beatdown that you received your whole life, to say nothing of the beatdowns you received all thru your childhood b/c you were such a pussy that the mere sight of your face and your whole being incited rage in everyone but your mewling mammy, well, you're probably just not a very good person and certainly your man card was never issued in the first place. In short, Session sucks...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 am

Seriously, how can anyone's first reaction to seeing this face be anything other than the desire to stomp his face into the curb?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 am

"Hi, I'm Snuggles!"

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:17 am

This made me chuckle more than it should have.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Cletus, you are displaying the typical liberal disgust for honest work and those who perform it. Those jobs got me through high school, college and seminary. There were zero government subsidies. I guess I could have done the liberal thing and just gone on welfare and made myself a victim and demand reparations from somebody.

Democrats used to champion people who did such work. And now your post is a perfect example why those people now hate Democrats who feel just like you do: arrogant, elitist and condescending. You and your ilk are why they voted for Trump.
Everyone seems to forget that Donald was a Democrat during the Clinton administration and was a big supporter.

This and things I have said sum up why Trump won. The true middle working class was tired of being called racist, xenophobes, under educated, we want 4 bathrooms, don't assume my gender, just plain stupid shit that is / was going on. They were tired of Bernie Sanders telling people how to spend their money and offering no real solutions. They were tired of trying to use common sense with someone and then being called dumb and racist. Enough was enough. And if the media continues to try to destroy Trump, they will get 4 more years out of him.

I mean honestly, who are the Democrats going to put out there? Hillary again? Her daughter? Michelle O'bama? If any of those happens, he wins in a landslide.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 am

BigRedMan wrote:
This made me chuckle more than it should have.

there are other ways to be subsidized when cleaning pools
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 am

What does it mean to "use common sense" and how does that elicit a "you're dumb and racist" response?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 am

BigRedMan wrote:
I mean honestly, who are the Democrats going to put out there? Hillary again? Her daughter? Michelle O'bama? If any of those happens, he wins in a landslide.
the flavor of the moment is a politician named Kamala

trying to touch every base they can in an effort to cast the Anti-Trump
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 am

Iron Workers in Ohio see pension cut by as much as 60%, plan approved by congress and signed by Obama. Appears to be just the beginning for people receiving pensions across America - both public and private.

meanwhile, bank executives.......

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/slashed-pen ... d-workers/

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 am

It would seem we know what Trump and Putin talked about for 15 minutes
-------------------------------
The Trump administration has decided to halt the CIA's covert program to equip and train certain rebel groups fighting the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, two U.S. officials said, a move sought by Assad ally Russia.

-----------------------------

I don't have any deep thoughts on it one way or the other but I don't see how training rebel groups fighting Assad fits into our agenda of fighting Isis.

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 am

I’m not sure how anyone could read the Trump interview with the NYT and come away thinking that he is mentally fit to be president. The guy is an incoherent mess and that’s the kindest thing I can say.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeah, like when he was talking about "cyber" during one of the debates...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:40 pm

[youtube]bYJ_H2c5IWc[/youtube]

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 pm

[youtube]Hz25BHy_9mk[/youtube]

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:58 pm

I loved the fact that he thinks the first lady of Japan doesn't speak English. She does and it seems pretended not to as to avoid speaking with him.

I also find it interesting how intent he is that everyone knows that the infamous UK dossier is not true. Not at all. He keeps bringing this up (see the Comey stuff as well). Makes me very suspicious that there is something in there he's worried about. The pee story is probably true.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:28 pm

meanwhile

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... to-233-000

economy has been growing since his election

get the building blocks in place

Cletus

Post by Cletus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Booming? GPD grew at 1.4% in the first quarter. Our business was quite good in Q2 so maybe the overall economic numbers will be good, too. I hope so. Though, it would be difficult to give the president any credit or blame for anything that has happened since he hasn't actually done anything of any substance with regards to economic issues.