Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm

bluetick wrote:Scientists have pieced together a record of Earth’s climate, dating back hundreds of thousands of years (and, in some cases, millions or hundreds of millions of years), by analyzing a number of indirect measures of climate such as ice cores, tree rings, glacier lengths, pollen remains, and ocean sediments, and by studying changes in Earth’s orbit around the sun.[2]

This record shows that the climate system varies naturally over a wide range of time scales. In general, climate changes prior to the Industrial Revolution in the 1700s can be explained by natural causes, such as changes in solar energy, volcanic eruptions, and natural changes in greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations.[2]

Recent climate changes, however, cannot be explained by natural causes alone. Research indicates that natural causes do not explain most observed warming, especially warming since the mid-20th century. Rather, it is extremely likely that human activities have been the dominant cause of that warming.[2]

From the U.S. EPA website...(while they still have a website) (while we still have an EPA)
As if the EPA was some objective disinterested entity.

The modern AGW religion is not about science. It is about ideology. The Infallible AGW Gospel teaches that the earth's latest and minor variations in temperature are not, cannot, be occurring naturally, like the beginning and end of the Ice Age. No, any recent and minor variations of the earth's temperature MUST be the result of human activity, and MUST be apocalyptic. Thus saith the EPA. Amen.

When their own science proved that the earth hasn't heated up in the past 30 years, they rejected their own science. First, they circulated a bunch of emails expressing panic that their "science" was disproving their Holy Dogma. Then, they just started changing the way they did their "science," torturing it like a political prisoner, until it finally started to parrot the desired ideological demands of the torturers.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 pm

bluetick wrote:
Toemeesleather wrote:
Global warming...climate change....EPA(govt)....control, it all fits.
Can YOU think of scientific discoveries since the 4th century B.C. that have become the basis of civilization's laws throughout history? There are MANY! You're local library is a great source of information on this topic. Do you understand topics? Again - check out your local library!

I recommend The Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Or "Essay on the Principles of Population" by Robert Malthus. He even had his own "hockey stick":

“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:47 pm

I also recommend The Ultimate Resource by Julian Simon.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:54 pm

If you want the best catalog of climate hysterical predictions that went bust, I recommend the Gospel according to St. Algore, "An Inconvenient Truth."

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 pm

[youtube]DTDixBG5qF4[/youtube]

Also one of your faves.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Chris Christie: Donald Jr. Getting Russian Oppo Research is Probably Illegal - AP

The bigger the jilted ones are, the harder they fall on you.

10ac
Senior
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by 10ac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:07 pm

You're getting plum giddy.
Let 'er Blow!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Winning the SEC East is probably off the table. What else have I got?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:08 am

you know the air in China is polluted when a steam train goes thru and ignites the particles in the air::::wrong - corrected in comments

igniting particles in the stack

That's would be a great video entrance for a Western movie where the Devil comes to town.

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 am

i would leave Obamacare in place

its dying a slow death anyway as one insurer after another pulls out

the problem of what to replace it with will be easier to solve and dems repubs more likely to get something on board when the public is screaming at them

thing about ER's is no matter what you cant be turned away for emergency care

slippery slope when trying to provide medical care to those who can't or wont pay anything

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 am

crashcourse wrote:i would leave Obamacare in place

the problem of what to replace it with will be easier to solve and dems repubs more likely to get something on board when the public is screaming at them

slippery slope when trying to provide medical care to those who can't or wont pay anything
even if they did, the Elizabeth Warrens would lead the charge to claim that the republicans undermined it from day one and it was doomed to fail because of them
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:34 am

this is the logic that drives the liberals

meanwhile, I don't know the whole story but a Muslim cop in Minneapolis shot an unarmed woman , apparently to the shock of his partner and reddit is losing its mind over it. Sharia law is being mentioned quite a bit but I haven't read a story about it because it would seem there isn't as much interest in reporting it (the assumption being he isn't a white cop and didn't shoot a black man so why is it newsworthy?)

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:49 am

Where are the russians when you need them?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am

Funny how only the Podesta emails and DNC emails were leaked. By the Russians. After meeting(s) between the Trump campaign and people pledging support of the Russian government. And after Trump himself stood before the mics and asked the Russians to hack his opponent.

Yeah, funny how that works.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 am

People that pay little or no are at least getting preventive care. Preventive care means a few hundred bucks for early treatment eliminates 5-6 figure emergency operations later on, paid by you and me.

The majority of Americans wants to fix obamacare and keep tens of millions of uninsured from clogging the ERs again.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am

bluetick wrote:

People that pay little or no are at least getting preventive care. Preventive care means a few hundred bucks for early treatment eliminates 5-6 figure emergency operations later on, paid by you and me.

The majority of Americans wants to fix obamacare and keep tens of millions of uninsured from clogging the ERs again.
no they don't

they want affordable health care and the people screaming the loudest for it are the ones who are getting the subsidies from the government to pay for it. Its depressing when you see a room full of angry people at a town hall demanding that politicians "do their job" by giving them subsidized health care. To forgive their student debt. To increase minimum wage. The solutions are never for the government to give money to anyone.

The majority of people want affordable health care that was comparable to the quality of health care they had before or at least what other people had. The ones who have to pay for it on their own versus a handout from the government are the one who don't give a damn whether Obamacare is repealed or not. There is nothing affordable about subsidized health care unless you're the one getting the handout. Its moronic.

Had the government decided to care as much about the people who pay for their health care as they do the people who expect a government handout, they wouldn't be having to repeal anything. Instead they took a we'll take from the haves and give to the have nots and have a parade about how great we are, which is the liberal play book.

Hence Donald Trump as President. And Obama's landmark piece of legislation that he thought would get him on Mount Rushmore will crash and burn leaving millions no better off than where they started.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 am

bluetick wrote:
Funny how only the Podesta emails and DNC emails were leaked. By the Russians. After meeting(s) between the Trump campaign and people pledging support of the Russian government. And after Trump himself stood before the mics and asked the Russians to hack his opponent.

Yeah, funny how that works.
Ain't America great.

Its takes a foreign government to show the people who the real scumbags are

and liberals wonder why people would elect a guy like Trump over an established politician.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:50 am

But yet these same rebels continue to reelect their congressmen election after election after election...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 am

hedge wrote:But yet these same rebels continue to reelect their congressmen election after election after election...
I have no answer as to why a Lindsay Graham, John McCain or Mitch McConnell continue to be elected.