Moderators: aTm, Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Alabama Crimson Tide

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Tre Mason finally got cleared and is now on campus ready to practice. He was a desperately needed backup for Dyer and O-Mac. Mike Blakely will be another solid addition at RB, either this year or next. Commits Jovon Robinson and TJ Yeldon will take care of our RB needs after that.

Corey Grant is probably thinking about walking back to Tuscaloosa on his knees and begging The Saban to take him back. Suddenly we have plenty of decent RB's just as Bama lost several of theirs.

With the clearance of Grant, 100% of last year's recruiting class qualified. That is a FAR cry from Tubby's classes, which enriched Hargrave Military Academy's talent pool more than Auburn's.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

GBJs
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by GBJs » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:The toilet paper is bad enough, but pressure washing said paper out of trees on Monday is probably worse.
Well if they're gonna spray 'em down with soap and chemicals twice a year...Two simple comments:

1) That shit ain't good for trees.

B) Those trees have the cleanest limbs in Auburn.
Worth. Every. Cent.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Judge: "Mr. Updyke, you been read the charges against you. How do you plead?"

Updyke: "Not guilty by reason of ROLL DAMN TIDE!"
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Tre Mason finally got cleared and is now on campus ready to practice. He was a desperately needed backup for Dyer and O-Mac. Mike Blakely will be another solid addition at RB, either this year or next. Commits Jovon Robinson and TJ Yeldon will take care of our RB needs after that.

Corey Grant is probably thinking about walking back to Tuscaloosa on his knees and begging The Saban to take him back. Suddenly we have plenty of decent RB's just as Bama lost several of theirs.

With the clearance of Grant, 100% of last year's recruiting class qualified. That is a FAR cry from Tubby's classes, which enriched Hargrave Military Academy's talent pool more than Auburn's.

Why would you post this here as opposed to the Auburn thread?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Hacksaw
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 am

I did question Updyke's supposed resume back at WX'ing, but only because I couldn't confirm it. But that was never a big issue for me. I still don't know his background. I know what's been reported and, more than anything else, I'm indifferent. It's irrelevant to the story that has brought him into the public eye. He might be a checkers grandmaster, too. Who cares? It's a diversion from the main point, which is that he is a dipshit who committed a petty and stupid act of vandalism in the name of Alabama football.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 am

BTW...
I know, I know....photoshop. Or something.

Whatever.
Seriously...I don't care. For the sake of argument, I officially accept that he was once a Texas cop. Happy now?
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Hacksaw wrote:I did question Updyke's supposed resume back at WX'ing, but only because I couldn't confirm it. But that was never a big issue for me. I still don't know his background. I know what's been reported and, more than anything else, I'm indifferent. It's irrelevant to the story that has brought him into the public eye. He might be a checkers grandmaster, too. Who cares? It's a diversion from the main point, which is that he is a dipshit who committed a petty and stupid act of vandalism in the name of Alabama football.

Heh. Perfect spin. Absofuckinglutely perfect.

The only reason his employment history or what state he's from is an issue is because YOU made it an issue and essentially called me a liar when I mentioned it. Now, it's all "I accept that he was, but it doesn't matter and is not relevant..."

LMAO! You would make an excellent politician.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 pm

It's not an issue to me and it never was. I didn't call you a liar. I've never thought of you as a liar. I admit that I don't have a great memory, but I recall saying that I hadn't seen proof that he had been a Texas cop or that he had lived in Tennessee. And I always said that it didn't matter, either way. I don't think that amounts to calling you a liar. Seriously.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:00 pm

I accept your apology.
— Abraham Lincoln

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Well, I certainly hope so.

Don't forget, also, that I was probably not being too serious when I might have sounded like I was questioning your honesty. I don't recall being worked up about the topic in the least. I was prolly just givin' you the business.

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm actually less-intriqued by Updyke than I am by that "Ricky's Rant" guy. I'm assuming that he's a real person who has to live and work in Alabama. I'm sure people who work with or otherwise know him recognized him and word got around. And as embarrassing as his overall behavior was in that video, dropping the n-word took it to a whole other level. I would guess he associates with minorities in his personal life. I would love to hear what sort of fallout, if any, he got from that whole thing.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm

I can't imagine getting worked up about Updyke or some YouTube moron or the random idiot calling in on a radio show.
Some like the notoriety, and some get money for ads on YouTube or a website and others are just genuine idiots.

Oh, and if it's the same one I'm thinking of, the "Ricky's Rant" guy lives in Tennessee. Heh. Not kidding.
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:09 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
Professor Tiger wrote:Tre Mason finally got cleared and is now on campus ready to practice. He was a desperately needed backup for Dyer and O-Mac. Mike Blakely will be another solid addition at RB, either this year or next. Commits Jovon Robinson and TJ Yeldon will take care of our RB needs after that.

Why would you post this here as opposed to the Auburn thread?
Oops. My bad.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Ricky is noteworthy, to be sure. And I am fond of the old Bama fan in the coffee shop who keeps replacing his teeth between shouting speeches. But to me, megaskeet trumps all others.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 pm

BTW, outkickthecoverage.com started covering suitgate. Now SBB has picked up and run with suitgate in a big way:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/

Next, I predict it will be picked up by tigerdroppings.com.

It all sounds familiar, as all these outlets slimed Auburn and Cam, to no effect. The only difference, however, is there is actual photographic proof of chicanery in suitgate.

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:39 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I can't imagine getting worked up about Updyke or some YouTube moron or the random idiot calling in on a radio show.
Some like the notoriety, and some get money for ads on YouTube or a website and others are just genuine idiots.

Oh, and if it's the same one I'm thinking of, the "Ricky's Rant" guy lives in Tennessee. Heh. Not kidding.
That's convenient. Got a link? Not that I don't trust you, of course.

As for getting "worked up" about Updyke, et al, I can't think of anyone here who has gotten worked up about any of it.

...well...maybe one person.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:08 pm

I wasn't worked up about it until you called me a liar. When proven wrong, again, you deflect and plead ignorance about ever even questioning such things. Pretty funny. You are what they call 'pathological' in the field.
— Abraham Lincoln

Hacksaw
Senior

Post by Hacksaw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 am

What? Oh, did you think I was insinuating that you were the one person who got worked up?

Honestly, I can't imagine how you ever got that impression.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:16 am

Dishonesty has become your trademark; your standard.
— Abraham Lincoln

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am

It's nice to see someone other than me brook the ire of AA.